Wednesday's Breakfast Debate - Doukara/EFL Cup Draw

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Wednesday's Breakfast Debate - Doukara/EFL Cup Draw

Post by 1964white »

Good morning folks

Doukara is on his way

He has sent a message saying he will miss the fans, miss fish n chips and wishes us all the best for promotion.
He may not have been our best player, but he never whinged, and always put in 100%

Due to his fish n chip comment, I doubt he's off to Barnsley :lol:
I'm sure we wish him well.

EFL Cup Third Round Draw

Is to take place at 4am British Summer Time, in Beijing, China.

Might as well scrap the competition now. Wont be long until the final is played in Asia

What a joke !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40998964
rab_rant

Re: Wednesday's Breakfast Debate - Doukara/EFL Cup Draw

Post by rab_rant »

I am trying to wrap my head around this one. How can I reconcile these two statements?

There will be no live coverage anywhere of the draw - on television or online -
but details will be released on social media.

are they afraid of having another screw up like they had in Thailand

Our decision to go to China is part of a strategic plan to grow the EFL internationally
and specifically boost profile and exposure in ASEAN markets.

So they hide away in a dark room and shuffle the numbers to bring up
some contentious results. I say it is just an excuse for a holiday for EFL officials.
Amateurish display... a company of girl guides could have organised it better.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Good luck to Doukara, showed flashes of talent, especially when he completely changed the game v Wolves away a while back and played a decent part in our great run of form around Oct-Dec time last season but it was obvious early doors that he wasnt going to be part of TC's plans.

Complete farce with the cup draw. OK, they want to showcase it at Far East times for the sponsor, so why not show it say just a couple of later in China, i.e. 2.15pm their time which would be around 7.15am BST. As it is, its taking place at 11.15am over there which is hardly prime time !
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Apart for the aberration of being part of the sick note 6 Douks has been there when the club needed him, as mentioned above, at his best he could be unplayable with his power and presence but never really going to a TC type slick pass and move player and another, probably, inevitable departure.

The whole EFL cup thing smacks of a bit of desperation to generate some interest in the competition, with even the FA Cup struggling to get clubs full focus they are fighting a losing battle. Asian markets will only be interested if the big names are playing and that just isn't going to happen, too much at stake elsewhere.
gessa

Post by gessa »

rab_rant wrote:
Our decision to go to China is part of a strategic plan to grow the EFL internationally
and specifically boost profile and exposure in ASEAN markets.

So they hide away in a dark room and shuffle the numbers to bring up
some contentious results. I say it is just an excuse for a holiday for EFL officials.
Amateurish display... a company of girl guides could have organised it better.
If the reason is to grow the Asian market why was the second round drawn in Monaco? as myself and Norm alluded at the time and now you Rab ts just a nice excuse for a big boy's beano. Everything about the EFL and the FA smells of jobs for the boys.

As for Doukara a likable fella but not good enough for a team seriously going for promotion.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:If the reason is to grow the Asian market why was the second round drawn in Monaco? as myself and Norm alluded at the time and now you Rab ts just a nice excuse for a big boy's beano. Everything about the EFL and the FA smells of jobs for the boys.

As for Doukara a likable fella but not good enough for a team seriously going for promotion.
Yes mate a bunch of morons who are only interested in the big clubs

We need a complete shake-up in football including new personnel within the FA/FL who implement correct procedures which will benefit all clubs from the very top right down to grassroot football. Too much greed & money in the game is one of the major problems.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

gessa wrote: If the reason is to grow the Asian market why was the second round drawn in Monaco? as myself and Norm alluded at the time and now you Rab ts just a nice excuse for a big boy's beano. Everything about the EFL and the FA smells of jobs for the boys.

Amen to both. How much you want to bet the boys arrived at least four or five days in advance of the draw to make sure all the arrangements were in place?

Good luck to Doukara. A decent fellow and a decent player.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Doukara joins Turkish club Osmanlispor

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/899151035?-11130:816:0
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Fair play to Doukara he tried his best when played last season and will be remembered for his "Wonder strike" against Forest last season. Hope he does well.

As for the boys at the EFL, they just look after their own interests. Shysters, the lot of em.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Anyone staying up for the draw?Harry will be ok for it i'd say.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Anyone staying up for the draw?Harry will be ok for it i'd say.
No need mate

From the BBC Football site

"There will be no live coverage anywhere of the draw - on television or online - but details will be released on social media"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

No real feeling about wishing Doukara well. He did okay for us in some matches but in general he was not good enough and given the initial impressions made by the likes of Saiz and Allioski he looks even worse. His loan was turned into a permanent move after scoring twice v Accrington in the EFL Cup but despite slight improvement in the couple of years since he has never really looked like a first team starter, especially in a team harbouring serious promotion ambitions.

The EFL cup is a joke. They got a huge boost last season with Man U and a couple of other prem teams taking it seriously but likely it will return to normal this year with league 1 and 2 teams fielding weakened sides let alone Leeds and the Prem teams. Hardly like having a draw in China but not even having it on tv is going to make it seem more important or give it any extra glamour.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

No real feeling about wishing Doukara well. He did okay for us in some matches but in general he was not good enough and given the initial impressions made by the likes of Saiz and Allioski he looks even worse. His loan was turned into a permanent move after scoring twice v Accrington in the EFL Cup but despite slight improvement in the couple of years since he has never really looked like a first team starter, especially in a team harbouring serious promotion ambitions.

The EFL cup is a joke. They got a huge boost last season with Man U and a couple of other prem teams taking it seriously but likely it will return to normal this year with league 1 and 2 teams fielding weakened sides let alone Leeds and the Prem teams. Hardly like having a draw in China but not even having it on tv is going to make it seem more important or give it any extra glamour.
hector

Post by hector »

gessa wrote:Anyone staying up for the draw?Harry will be ok for it i'd say.

I will probably be up at that time, but not having waited up,moe like just getting up....

:lol:
gessa

Post by gessa »

hector wrote:I will probably be up at that time, but not having waited up,moe like just getting up....

:lol:
Forgot you're an early bird. You'll have to start thr thread with who've we've got then mate.
hector

Post by hector »

Will do Ges....

so you can read it here first...
Julianstyle
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Julianstyle »

Jay-Ray Grot to be signed by Saturday if sources are to be believed. Should add to the list of young and exciting arrivals coming through the door. Don't think anymore should be bid for Gestede, may get us a few goals but why waste £6m on a striker who's proven time and again he isn't good enough for the prem.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Julianstyle wrote:Jay-Ray Grot to be signed by Saturday if sources are to be believed. Should add to the list of young and exciting arrivals coming through the door. Don't think anymore should be bid for Gestede, may get us a few goals but why waste £6m on a striker who's proven time and again he isn't good enough for the prem.
Should be before Saturday mate, everything agreed only medical to pass.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

We get Burnley... how tasty is that.
Practice your dick punching now.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote:We get Burnley... how tasty is that.
Practice your dick punching now.
Well I wasn't expecting that :-D to think we have Boro' to come twice as well, just dandy especially as we now have a manager who knows what he is doing & a team capable of beating anyone !