Las Vegas/Now mass murder in Texas

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Las Vegas/Now mass murder in Texas

Post by rich_leeds64 »

The worst mass shooting in U.S. History as a gunman opens fire on the audience at a concert. Death toll is currently 67 with 400 injured, 150 critical. The madman fired from a balcony into the crowd, more details are emerging by the hour.
What sort of world are we living in right now.

RIP to all
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Re: Las Vegas

Post by Ronan »

Awful...and with so liberal gun laws,so easy to do.

RIP :(
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

I lived in Las Vegas for nearly twenty years and worked for a time at the Luxor, right next door to the Mandalay Bay and directly across the street from the concert site.

Sadly, if you were surprised that this happened you haven't been paying attention. Five years ago some lunatic walked into an elementary school in Connecticut and killed twenty children. Even in the wake of that horrific event, the power of the gun manufacturers was so great here in the US that no legislation of any sort limiting access to high capacity magazines and assault weapons was forthcoming.

It is, along with racism and the legacy of slavery, our national disgrace. There have now been 237 mass shootings in the United States this year ("mass" defined as four or more victims) on this the 237th day of the year. We tolerate this so weapons manufacturers can continue to make record profits. A pox on all of us.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Those stats are horrific John, that's without all the other gun crime.
if this was going on in another country the U S would probably want to invade , only if they had oil of course.
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

About time they banned guns in America

Condolences to all connected families & friends

RIP to those who lost their lives
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Time to dramatically change the gun laws in the USA

Come on Trump do something radical in your crazy country banning so many people from owning guns as oppose to sending threatening tweets to North Korea.

RIP to all the victims & condolences to all families & friends involved in this needless tradegy
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

1964white wrote:Time to dramatically change the gun laws in the USA

Come on Trump do something radical in your crazy country banning so many people from owning guns as oppose to sending threatening tweets to North Korea.

RIP to all the victims & condolences to all families & friends involved in this needless tradegy
Sadly it will never happen. A huge number of Americans regard owning guns as their "right" , granted to them in the US constitution.
Any dilution of gun ownership is regarded as the first step to taking away that "right".
Plus, politically the "gun lobby" is very strong, rich and influential.
It ain't gonna happen :(
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Such a sad thing to happen :cry:

Constitution was done when the most dangerous firearm was a musket

Needs updating as times move on
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BobHirst wrote:Sadly it will never happen. A huge number of Americans regard owning guns as their "right" , granted to them in the US constitution.
Any dilution of gun ownership is regarded as the first step to taking away that "right".
Plus, politically the "gun lobby" is very strong, rich and influential.
It ain't gonna happen :(
Have the small % who commit such atrocities got the right to take out human lives ?

Time to stuff their rights as guns are dangerous weapons in the wrong hands

Sorry Bob but the Americans have always been trigger-happy

Time for a change in attitudes from the USA citizens to ensure a more safer society
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Another mass shooting in America this time in a church :shock:

So predictable.....doesn't happen in any other supposedly civilised country

When will the Americans ever learn with gun reform laws ?

RIP to all those who have lost their lives to a mad gunman
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Las Vegas/Now mass murder in Texas

Post by Norm »

1964white » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:08 pm
Another mass shooting in America this time in a church :shock:

So predictable.....doesn't happen in any other supposedly civilised country

When will the Americans ever learn with gun reform laws ?

RIP to all those who have lost their lives to a mad gunman
https://www.theguardian.com/theguardian ... nd-killing

Really
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Britons cannot own guns unless they are farmers (to protect livestock, etc.) or belong to a gun club. This mad ba***rd killed kids in Scotland because he could.

I'm not sure but I believe that most of the mass shootings in the US have been perpetrated by people using firearms owned by others (including parents) which says much about about parenting and responsibility, or lack thereof.

Yes, I know this was an aberration but it can happen anywhere a volatile misfit has access to a gun AND ammunition. The US is trying to control the latter.
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Pro gun muppets always quote bill of rights..
A well drilled militia have the right to bear arms
Well fookin great for 1791 it might of made Horatio Nelson think twice
But last time I looked it was 2017 like WAKEY WAKEY!!!!
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

After the terrorist attack last week - what was the reaction from Trump 'not in the USA' and swift action taken re visitors and immigrants from certain destinations.

After yet another mass murder gun slaughter - what is his reaction - our prayers are with you
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

One isolated tragic shooting twenty years ago Norm unlike the gun-happy USA where many households own guns. There is no reason on this earth why millions of Americans should be armed

We living in 2017 not the fantasy world of cowboys.

The American communities need to live in the real world !
gessa

Post by gessa »

Norm wrote:Britons cannot own guns unless they are farmers (to protect livestock, etc.) or belong to a gun club. This mad ba***rd killed kids in Scotland because he could.

I'm not sure but I believe that most of the mass shootings in the US have been perpetrated by people using firearms owned by others (including parents) which says much about about parenting and responsibility, or lack thereof.

Yes, I know this was an aberration but it can happen anywhere a volatile misfit has access to a gun AND ammunition. The US is trying to control the latter.

We've had 3 mass shootings to my memory but if guns were more readily available there would likely have been more, guns are readily available in the U S , that's the point surely. I know you say that a lot of the shootings have been committed using others weapons but if they didn't have the weapons in the first place.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

I should have posted this yesterday, because I knew this one would come up....Texas lieutenant governor comes out and says one of the problems is not enough people have guns. If more of the worshippers had been packing, then they could have had a shoot out in the church and not as many people would have been killed. He'll get elected again.
It is incomprehensible for most non-Americans to understand their love of guns. There are an estimated 300 million guns loose in this country and they are not going away anytime soon.
Yes Donald, we'll all pray, that's the answer.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

BobHirst wrote:I should have posted this yesterday, because I knew this one would come up....Texas lieutenant governor comes out and says one of the problems is not enough people have guns. If more of the worshippers had been packing, then they could have had a shoot out in the church and not as many people would have been killed. He'll get elected again.
It is incomprehensible for most non-Americans to understand their love of guns. There are an estimated 300 million guns loose in this country and they are not going away anytime soon.
RIP Bob to all your fellow Texans who died in this awful incident
Time to change the constitution..... far too many pointless deaths.....Trump's "mental" explanation is just pathetic...
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

BobHirst wrote:I should have posted this yesterday, because I knew this one would come up....Texas lieutenant governor comes out and says one of the problems is not enough people have guns. If more of the worshippers had been packing, then they could have had a shoot out in the church and not as many people would have been killed. He'll get elected again.
No surprise at his comments - the gun nuts come out with the same crap every time.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

14,000 connected gun deaths in the USA last year, apparently this count is the norm

And this is acceptable :shock: