All time top number of posts on MOT

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: All time top number of posts on MOT

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:And there you have it, says nothing to back up his opinion. Didn't he have a different user name once.
Several on there mate

He was SM Watson on here. Him & Riot had a few battles

I don't care what anybody from MOT's past says, this is a much nicer place now than it was then.

I enjoy calm especially as I become older, always have preferred a peaceful atmosphere tbh
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:Several on there mate

He was SM Watson on here
Before my time i think
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Before my time i think
Probably mate
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

Well I know I'm married to a lovely caring man no matter what Gino & others think about Leon on here. He'll always consider others first & puts himself out for anyone because that's the type of person he is, a man with so much humanity, compassion & kindness !
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Mrs64 wrote:Well I know I'm married to a lovely caring man no matter what Gino & others think about Leon on here. He'll always consider others first & puts himself out for anyone because that's the type of person he is, a man with so much humanity, compassion & kindness !
It doesn't take a genius to work that out Mrs moggins ,that Ill thought out attack
Was ridiculous really couldn't think of anyone less deserving of it on here than wor mogg,
Having said that ,what with xmas on us soon ,I've got me eye on a pair of van der Velde stock birds
Would also like to chase my losses at hills,can you ask the old boy to lend is £500 till me next pay :roflmao:
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Ps

I didn't like his attitude towards my puffin pie
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:
I don't care what anybody from MOT's past says, this is a much nicer place now than it was then.

I enjoy calm especially as I become older, always have preferred a peaceful atmosphere tbh
Tbf I'm not averse to some heated debate, as long as it's kept civil, at the end of the day if there's a thread you don't like just ignore it, i mostly do/did with religion and politics.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

liggy wrote:Ps

I didn't like his attitude towards my puffin pie
I reckon your PP tastes delicious liggy

I'm quite an adventurous eater if i see something on a menu I've never tried before
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

gessa wrote:Interesting that Nick , as Gino's first 2 replys were both of a threatening nature. Lets not forget on his last visit he admitted he had offered to"meet" Riot at ER to sort out there differences.

Is that what the forum needs to liven it up , more threats to one another. Are we missing a trick or do we leave it to waccoe.
Certainly reads like mixed messages.

Gino and I always got on, so I've no axe to grind, nor do I know or remember what prompted him to leave. And I was unaware that his spat with WR had got so bad. I miss his input, as I do certain other former members, but I believe this forum is in a good place right now. If it's too saccharine for some, so be it, we're all different. Healthy debate and differences of opinion are good; calling people out, as seems to be the case on waccoe, doesn't do it for me.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
gessa

Post by gessa »

lufc1304 wrote:Certainly reads like mixed messages.

Gino and I always got on, so I've no axe to grind, nor do I know or remember what prompted him to leave. And I was unaware that his spat with WR had got so bad. I miss his input, as I do certain other former members, but I believe this forum is in a good place right now. If it's too saccharine for some, so be it, we're all different. Healthy debate and differences of opinion are good; calling people out, as seems to be the case on waccoe, doesn't do it for me.

I like to think me and him got on too, but just don't see the point in these type of posts tbh.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

He went on to make an argument tbf, but the initial post says a lot about waccoe.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

gessa wrote:Interesting that Nick , as Gino's first 2 replys were both of a threatening nature. Lets not forget on his last visit he admitted he had offered to"meet" Riot at ER to sort out there differences.

Is that what the forum needs to liven it up , more threats to one another. Are we missing a trick or do we leave it to waccoe.
The first response I got was to piss off.

And I'm not one to walk away from something like this.

As faaip subsequently posted that was set aside and I made my argument.

The offer to WR still stands - I have a long memory.

I'm sure 64 will let Steve know.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

lufc1304 wrote:Certainly reads like mixed messages.

64 knows why I left, but he doesn't have the cojones to acknowledge it preferring instead to plead ignorance.

Fine with me.

I know why and that's enough for me.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

gessa wrote:I like to think me and him got on too, but just don't see the point in these type of posts tbh.
Because some things need said.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

I was wondering how this thread became five pages long
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gino 1959 wrote:64 knows why I left, but he doesn't have the cojones to acknowledge it preferring instead to plead ignorance.

Fine with me.

I know why and that's enough for me.
Gino one thing I'm not is a bottler. I've remained quiet for the sake of keeping peace on our forum rather than bring old issues up that has no interest not only for myself but our members on the MOT forum.

You obviously have in your mind accusing me of something I never committed. Yes I defended Riot on here when I probably should have stayed out of your spats. I know he was far from squeaky clean with his posts but I'd do the same for anyone on here if I felt they were being threatened.

You have implied a threatening nature at least three times on this topic, a trait I cannot condone.
I've given you the benefit of doubt by not taking your remarks further but if your threatening behaviour continues you will leave me no choice !
gessa

Post by gessa »

Gino 1959 wrote:The first response I got was to piss off.

And I'm not one to walk away from something like this.

As faaip subsequently posted that was set aside and I made my argument.

The offer to WR still stands - I have a long memory.

I'm sure 64 will let Steve know.
I think the telling thing about the piss off was not the words but who posted them, in all my time on here, of all the regular posters I'd say Faaip is amongst the least confrontational people, he makes his point backs it up if challenged but never issues insults or shows any kind of abuse, so for him to post what he did shows that your posts now have become very annoying to posters on here.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Gino 1959 wrote:Because some things need said.

But you're not really saying anything of note, I think we all get it that you dislike 64, and have the rest of us down as adorning fans who see him as the messiah but lets face it a fair few posters on here now, haven't a clue who you are, other than the bloke that comes on from time to time to stir the pot, let alone what your gripe is, perhaps it's time to say what you want without the cryptic posts or leave it alone.

You seem to yearn for a time on here when you say was a better time and other than Silky and Riot no one else really crossed the line, well that's not true, you yourself reported 3 posters to me for racist posting, 1 was banned (Silky) the other 2 had warnings, so that's now 4 posters, another poster was issued a warning for constant racist posts,(i'll go into more detail later) that's 5, another 2 posters were warned about constant abuse, 1 apologised and carried on as normal, the other posted another abusive post in their very next post and was banned, then had their sons membership banned for using that, this was after they posted some very personal things about Twiggs on here, causing him some great embarrassment, that's now 6, they are the one's off the top of my head, it was a busy time to be a mod on here, however the worst one was when we had one poster who had sort legal advice on a comment made by another and was going to sue the said poster as they were told they had grounds to do so, they were asked to have a few days to think about it rather than do it in anger, they came back and said for the good of the forum they wouldn't pursue the matter as long as the other poster got a warning, which they did. Now that's at least 7 posters who crossed the line in my memory, so perhaps as Nick alluded, it wasn't all goodness and light on here as you would have us believe . Don't get me wrong we also had many laughs, some great banter and many very good debates at the time, perhaps somewhere between what it is now and what it was then and we'd have the perfect forum but that's probably too much to ask.

You mentioned other "leavers" you haven't said who they are or the number of them, who too have a gripe with 64 and what you all think he has turned this place into, I have been thinking about who you may still be in contact with as you said on one of your previous visits, something like, music is now the way forward, so I'd imagine it would be ex members who also were prominent on the MD thread.
Lets start with the 2 who I know didn't like 64.
Twiggs. Now Twiggs was his own man and had fall outs with most on here but one thing you could say about him was, you have your spat but once it was over it was forgotten and he moved on. This thread was started by Norm about 64 nearly reaching the number of posts made by Twiggs, you said it was about quality not quantity, well to be fair, when I was a mod on here we had more complaints and reports about Twiggs than probably all other posters put together, mostly of a racist nature(alluded to above),he once posted some nonsense about "gay friends" annoying one poster so much, he actually came out on here as being gay, as he was so annoyed by his comments. Some members left, stating because of his position nothing was ever done about it and it was all double standards, another poster once made a post about him, stating how many great posters on here had left over the years because of him and his antics. It all came to a head on one thread when we had 5 separate complaints with again 2 posters threatening to leave if something wasn't done, 2 mods also offered their resignation when Twiggs said he wouldn't step down from his post as they couldn't be part of the double standards, after all it was him that had set the rules that he wanted upholding so it could be seen as a family forum, no swearing, hence the swear filter, no abusive or racist posts etc..so lets not be fooled all his posts were top quality.

Martyn (GW) Martyn was a mod at the same time as me and he did an excellent job, we got on even sharing texts from time to time, only our last post to one another did we have any kind of fall out, which was a shame, I'd like it to have been on better terms when he left and I'll hold my hands up, I should have PM'd him rather than post on here. You could well be in touch with him as he likes Twiiter I believe and he had similar musical tastes as you.
So even though they really disliked each other I could see you still being in contact with them but separately not in a group and I believe they share the same opinion as you on 64.

Now the ones I'm having trouble with.

Armley. Great poster who would speak his mind and would tell someone exactly what he thought , he put 64 forward as a mod when it was put out to members to nominate people for the position and said so a few times on the thread. So I can't see him being one of the disgruntled.

BarryAnorak- Comes back from time to time, says he's very busy which is why he doesn't post regularly, so doubt he's one either

Dr Leeds- Like Barry an educated poster with a great wit and good sense of humour, I believe he used to meet 64 at games for a chat and I never saw that he ever had any issue with him but could be wrong. So possibly.

Jo - Could see you being in touch but couldn't see her having a problem with 64.

Now I'm struggling to think of any more regular posters at that time who have left and who'd you still be in touch with.
So when you state other"leavers" which to anyone who doesn't know could make it sound like 10's of people, when infact it is probably only 2 or 3 but unless you name names we're never going to know. I'll be honest what I don't get is why you feel the need to post at all, if I was disgruntled with this place like you say you are, I'd be gone wouldn't even read, if you have a happy fulfilled life why would you even give it a second thought, I think you need to let it go but you'll obviously disagree.

Finally; if it I was 64, I'd offer you a deal, you have a word with the other leavers and if they want to be returners, come back and make the place what it was before, then I'd step away and let you get on with it, if not thenyou leave it alone and accept the fact it will never be what it was and most likely will never be andyou don't post these kind of things again, you walk away. But that's me, I'm certainly not speaking for 64.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Reading that moderator forum is an eye-opener :shock:

Moderating this forum was nothing short of total carnage with the complaints & shenanigans you had to deal with Ges, it was like a minefield !

Is it any wonder you resigned from your moderator role, lets face it we are all Leeds fans communicating on a forum. There are more important things in life to be honest !

What a difference a couple of years has made. Some of the old posters with a mix of new members who are civil with everyone & all generally getting on with each other

As proof how easy going everyone is on MOT nowadays the moderator forum has been inactive since February 2017 with no complaints about a member since April 2015
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote:But you're not really saying anything of note, I think we all get it that you dislike 64, and have the rest of us down as adorning fans who see him as the messiah but lets face it a fair few posters on here now, haven't a clue who you are, other than the bloke that comes on from time to time to stir the pot, let alone what your gripe is, perhaps it's time to say what you want without the cryptic posts or leave it alone.

You seem to yearn for a time on here when you say was a better time and other than Silky and Riot no one else really crossed the line, well that's not true, you yourself reported 3 posters to me for racist posting, 1 was banned (Silky) the other 2 had warnings, so that's now 4 posters, another poster was issued a warning for constant racist posts,(i'll go into more detail later) that's 5, another 2 posters were warned about constant abuse, 1 apologised and carried on as normal, the other posted another abusive post in their very next post and was banned, then had their sons membership banned for using that, this was after they posted some very personal things about Twiggs on here, causing him some great embarrassment, that's now 6, they are the one's off the top of my head, it was a busy time to be a mod on here, however the worst one was when we had one poster who had sort legal advice on a comment made by another and was going to sue the said poster as they were told they had grounds to do so, they were asked to have a few days to think about it rather than do it in anger, they came back and said for the good of the forum they wouldn't pursue the matter as long as the other poster got a warning, which they did. Now that's at least 7 posters who crossed the line in my memory, so perhaps as Nick alluded, it wasn't all goodness and light on here as you would have us believe . Don't get me wrong we also had many laughs, some great banter and many very good debates at the time, perhaps somewhere between what it is now and what it was then and we'd have the perfect forum but that's probably too much to ask.

You mentioned other "leavers" you haven't said who they are or the number of them, who too have a gripe with 64 and what you all think he has turned this place into, I have been thinking about who you may still be in contact with as you said on one of your previous visits, something like, music is now the way forward, so I'd imagine it would be ex members who also were prominent on the MD thread.
Lets start with the 2 who I know didn't like 64.
Twiggs. Now Twiggs was his own man and had fall outs with most on here but one thing you could say about him was, you have your spat but once it was over it was forgotten and he moved on. This thread was started by Norm about 64 nearly reaching the number of posts made by Twiggs, you said it was about quality not quantity, well to be fair, when I was a mod on here we had more complaints and reports about Twiggs than probably all other posters put together, mostly of a racist nature(alluded to above),he once posted some nonsense about "gay friends" annoying one poster so much, he actually came out on here as being gay, as he was so annoyed by his comments. Some members left, stating because of his position nothing was ever done about it and it was all double standards, another poster once made a post about him, stating how many great posters on here had left over the years because of him and his antics. It all came to a head on one thread when we had 5 separate complaints with again 2 posters threatening to leave if something wasn't done, 2 mods also offered their resignation when Twiggs said he wouldn't step down from his post as they couldn't be part of the double standards, after all it was him that had set the rules that he wanted upholding so it could be seen as a family forum, no swearing, hence the swear filter, no abusive or racist posts etc..so lets not be fooled all his posts were top quality.

Martyn (GW) Martyn was a mod at the same time as me and he did an excellent job, we got on even sharing texts from time to time, only our last post to one another did we have any kind of fall out, which was a shame, I'd like it to have been on better terms when he left and I'll hold my hands up, I should have PM'd him rather than post on here. You could well be in touch with him as he likes Twiiter I believe and he had similar musical tastes as you.
So even though they really disliked each other I could see you still being in contact with them but separately not in a group and I believe they share the same opinion as you on 64.

Now the ones I'm having trouble with.

Armley. Great poster who would speak his mind and would tell someone exactly what he thought , he put 64 forward as a mod when it was put out to members to nominate people for the position and said so a few times on the thread. So I can't see him being one of the disgruntled.

BarryAnorak- Comes back from time to time, says he's very busy which is why he doesn't post regularly, so doubt he's one either

Dr Leeds- Like Barry an educated poster with a great wit and good sense of humour, I believe he used to meet 64 at games for a chat and I never saw that he ever had any issue with him but could be wrong. So possibly.

Jo - Could see you being in touch but couldn't see her having a problem with 64.

Now I'm struggling to think of any more regular posters at that time who have left and who'd you still be in touch with.
So when you state other"leavers" which to anyone who doesn't know could make it sound like 10's of people, when infact it is probably only 2 or 3 but unless you name names we're never going to know. I'll be honest what I don't get is why you feel the need to post at all, if I was disgruntled with this place like you say you are, I'd be gone wouldn't even read, if you have a happy fulfilled life why would you even give it a second thought, I think you need to let it go but you'll obviously disagree.

Finally; if it I was 64, I'd offer you a deal, you have a word with the other leavers and if they want to be returners, come back and make the place what it was before, then I'd step away and let you get on with it, if not thenyou leave it alone and accept the fact it will never be what it was and most likely will never be andyou don't post these kind of things again, you walk away. But that's me, I'm certainly not speaking for 64.

TLDR
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"