Leeds V Derby Team/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
gessa

Leeds V Derby Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by gessa »

Derby will be full of confidence after a good win at Norwich, whilst we look as though we are low on confidence, which isn't great against a team that have had the upper hand over us more often than not in recent years. Can we produce a performance like the one against them last season, looking doubtful. What are our options to turn things around, the majority of the first team aren't performing good enough but non of the replacements are looking good enough either.
With Phillips suspended who will replace him.
Ayling and O'Kane need dropping unfortunately we have no cover for Ayling other than Anita who is performing just as badly.

----------------------Lonergan

Ayling-----------Jansson---------Shaughnesdy------CBJ

----------------------Klich-----------Vieria

Alioski----------------Saiz----------------Dallas

-------------------------Lassie
hector

Re: Leeds V Derby Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by hector »

Same as yours but Roofe instead of Lassie...

We have no one else who can replace the wandering full back at the moment...

Roofe has been scoring when in that position, and works an awful lot harder than Lassie does
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I would go with a similar team with one change as I can't bear the thought again of Ayling (lucky to keep his place) & Alioski both bombing the right flank & forgetting about their defensive duties.
O'Kane pushed up into the position Phillips has started in his last two games who would give us more defensive cover down the right-side. Dallas would protect CBJ without any question

----------------------------Lonergan----------------------------

Ayling---------Jansson---------Shaughnesdy--------CBJ

----------------------Klich-----------Vieria-----------------------

-------------O'Kane----------Saiz----------Dallas-------------

-----------------------------Lasogga-------------------------------
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote:Same as yours but Roofe instead of Lassie...

We have no one else who can replace the wandering full back at the moment...

Roofe has been scoring when in that position, and works an awful lot harder than Lassie does
Even though our main striker had a stinker v the Blunts I certainly wouldn't drop him & put Roofe up top. Lasogga needs the ball to feet, hoof play in not in his mentality, the Germans play football on the ground. In fact it wouldn't suit Roofe's game as well especially against the tall Derby back-four.

Btw Roofe scores v League 1 & 2 opposition when played up front
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cooper doubtful with a dead-leg for the Derby game

What are the odds TC will play Pennington alongside Pontus ?

Come on Thomas be brave & play Shaughnessy !
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

1964white wrote:I would go with a similar team with one change as I can't bear the thought again of Ayling (lucky to keep his place) & Alioski both bombing the right flank & forgetting about their defensive duties.
O'Kane pushed up into the position Phillips has started in his last two games who would give us more defensive cover down the right-side. Dallas would protect CBJ without any question

----------------------------Lonergan----------------------------

Ayling---------Jansson---------Shaughnesdy--------CBJ

----------------------Klich-----------Vieria-----------------------

-------------O'Kane----------Saiz----------Dallas-------------

-----------------------------Lasogga-------------------------------
Phillips played central attacking mid not in the wing I think. Okane definitely not a winger so you'd have to put him in the middle. Happy to be corrected if wrong though!
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

danhirons wrote:Phillips played central attacking mid not in the wing I think. Okane definitely not a winger so you'd have to put him in the middle. Happy to be corrected if wrong though!
Kalvin started in the middle (scored a goal) was then pushed out to the left by TC and was less involved in the game, his bad tackle then seemed to play on his mind as he was less involved from then on, however most people who voted had him in their top three for the MOTM but now everyone wants him dropped go figure :duno:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
gessa

Post by gessa »

Ratscoot wrote:Kalvin started in the middle (scored a goal) was then pushed out to the left by TC and was less involved in the game, his bad tackle then seemed to play on his mind as he was less involved from then on, however most people who voted had him in their top three for the MOTM but now everyone wants him dropped go figure :duno:

Not dropped mate, that was his 5th yellow, he's suspended.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

danhirons wrote:Phillips played central attacking mid not in the wing I think. Okane definitely not a winger so you'd have to put him in the middle. Happy to be corrected if wrong though!
Phillips played more or less up top v Bristol City to press their back-four in an effort stop any balls going to their midfield, a plan that worked beautifully

Kalvin started in the same position v the Blunts but was was switched to the left-flank when TC's initial plan wasn't working

I should know as I attended both matches Dan

As for O'Kane I wouldn't play him as a winger. Eunan should be given a free role behind Lasogga snapping at the defending rams ankles & getting back to cover Ayling down the right-flank
If I was TC I'd insist that Ayling concentrates on his defending & not play as a clone version of Roberto Carlos. We need Luke Ayling to be in the position he is suppose to be playing at RB
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote:Kalvin started in the middle (scored a goal) was then pushed out to the left by TC and was less involved in the game, his bad tackle then seemed to play on his mind as he was less involved from then on, however most people who voted had him in their top three for the MOTM but now everyone wants him dropped go figure :duno:
One of the first players on the team-sheet for me right now Rat

Unfortunately KP is suspended
hector

Post by hector »

come on Ratty... get with the program :roll:

:wink:
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

hector wrote:come on Ratty... get with the program :roll:

:wink:
Doh! Sorry guys the clocks going back has messed with my brain :roflmao:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote:Even though our main striker had a stinker v the Blunts I certainly wouldn't drop him & put Roofe up top. Lasogga needs the ball to feet, hoof play in not in his mentality, the Germans play football on the ground. In fact it wouldn't suit Roofe's game as well especially against the tall Derby back-four.

Btw Roofe scores v League 1 & 2 opposition when played up front
Lassoga heavily criticized by Sky as lazy during the first half v SU, he didn't move make runs or basically make life difficult for his defenders.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Lassoga heavily criticized by Sky as lazy during the first half v SU, he didn't move make runs or basically make life difficult for his defenders.
I know mate, he was the same v Reading then he put in an impressive performance in our next game down at Bristol. He has scored four championship goals, he needs ball to feet not rockets coming out of the sky from Lonegan's kicks. Not our keepers fault I must add, I blame our defenders who constantly pass the ball backwards even when we have a free-kick on the halfway line. It drives me mad, Lonergan has no option to hoof it, we need to be more cultured in our play.

I would stick with Lasogga because there are goals in him. Take him out of the team & we are almost be a bunch of midgets :( not good when we are defending set-pieces, we've already lost Phillips who does a good job in those circumstances, we cannot a afford to lose another big man !
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

It was an ok performance at Bristol, nice header and all but nothing to make you sit up. Still maybe settling, no idea if he has his other half installed in this country yet and is constantly making flights back and forth to Germany. That will affect energy levels.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:It was an ok performance at Bristol, nice header and all but nothing to make you sit up. Still maybe settling, no idea if he has his other half installed in this country yet and is constantly making flights back and forth to Germany. That will affect energy levels.
It certainly would Faaip

I'm always shattered after travelling to Leeds games plus all the adrenaline you experience during the game & the standing for two hours of course

Brentford next Saturday is a long haul on the coach. I only have to drive 30 miles of the journey back home in the early hours of Sunday morning so air-conditioning on cool & music volume up loud for my final trek !

Don't expect to see me on MOT much before 10.30 next Sunday morning :lol:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Brentford would be one of my closest games...Reading obviously the closest.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

. . . . . . . . .lonners. . . . . . . . .

Ayling .Jansson.shaunie.Cbj

. . . Vieira . .. . . Klich . . .

Grot. . . . .Saiz . . . . . .Ali
. . . . . . .lassie . . . . . .

Nobody to replace Ayling, or he'd be gone, should be told to defend more. Saiz into his preferred role, Ali shifted to the left, get more crosses into the box. Grot onto the right to offer his size and strength, something different. And Grot, Klich and CBJ all 6ft+ which will help defending set pieces.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Lonnergan

Ayling, Jansson, Shuagnessy, CBJ

Vierra Klich

Alioski Saiz Dallas

Roofe
gessa

Post by gessa »

So far a unanimous decision on the centre back pairing. Hopefully TC sees it too.