Luke Ayling- Farewell Bill

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
pembswhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Luke Ayling

Post by pembswhite »

Cjay wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:33 pm Was very poor vs Brentford and not for the first time.

Defensively he looked very shakey and the less said about his passing the better.

Also for an experienced defender wtf was he doing on a yellow diving in like that.

Wont blame him for his yellow for dissent as i understand the frustration.

But i do have one question that hasnt really been asked.

Where the f**k was Ayling when Watkins, his man, was free as a bird in our box?
Hi Cjay ( First time we’ve met) Whilst I agree with most of what you’ve said got to disagree with not blaming him for the yellow for dissent - easiest thing in the world to keep your mouth shut - I was brought up playing rugby (in Wales - not English public school ! ) If you gave ref verbals he simply moved the free kick forward 10 yards and if you carried on you were sent off - lesson learnt ! It’s one of annoying things in the modern game and Ayling (never rated him) is one of the biggest talkers in the team !
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

pembswhite wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:54 pm Hi Cjay ( First time we’ve met) Whilst I agree with most of what you’ve said got to disagree with not blaming him for the yellow for dissent - easiest thing in the world to keep your mouth shut - I was brought up playing rugby (in Wales - not English public school ! ) If you gave ref verbals he simply moved the free kick forward 10 yards and if you carried on you were sent off - lesson learnt ! It’s one of annoying things in the modern game and Ayling (never rated him) is one of the biggest talkers in the team !
Hi Pembs.

Welcome to MOT :)

Fair point, he could and maybe should have just kept his mouth shut.

Although can understand his frustration with the ref that day.

Like you I'm not his biggest fan, think he is poor defensively.
Last edited by Cjay on Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

He must be close to losing his place with Beradi/Shackleton both very good alternatives. Th subsequent suspension will give us a chance to look at the alternatives and he may find it hard to get back in..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

got to be ayling at right back for me, we lose any attacking intent down that wing with Berardi - albeit he is a very good defender and played very well at centre back at the start of the season
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Out for 2 months.

Another one not back till 2019.

He hasnt been particularly good Ayling, but our paper thin squad could have done without even more injuries :(
Signed

King Cjay

leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

Cjay wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:09 pm Out for 2 months.

Another one not back till 2019.

He hasnt been particularly good Ayling, but our paper thin squad could have done without even more injuries :(
to be honest thats not too bad . actually thought he might be out for the season.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

A blow, no doubt, but both Dallas (I know, no-one rates him, but he's right footed, can and does get forward and always puts in a shift) and Shackleton can provide cover. Young Gotts is doing well for the U23s and we could, if necessary, recall Lewie Coyle. Though I don't think that'll happen purely because he hasn't, as far as I'm aware, been schooled in Bielsa-ball. Not ideal, but we'll be alright
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

lufc1304 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:39 pm A blow, no doubt, but both Dallas (I know, no-one rates him, but he's right footed, can and does get forward and always puts in a shift) and Shackleton can provide cover. Young Gotts is doing well for the U23s and we could, if necessary, recall Lewie Coyle. Though I don't think that'll happen purely because he hasn't, as far as I'm aware, been schooled in Bielsa-ball. Not ideal, but we'll be alright
So am i.

Giz a call Marcelo :)
Signed

King Cjay

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Cjay wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:48 pm So am i.

Giz a call Marcelo :)
Haha!! I know you're not a fan, but he's the type of player Bielsa likes. He's limited, but solid, particularly on the right side and can fill a number of roles. Not outstanding in any of them, granted, but will do a job. Would I like a few upgraded versions of him? Of course I would, but those players are few and far between.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Woeful today, his passing and headless chicken offensive play is a real issue, constantly allows us to be countered on the turnover because of it.

Just dont get what people see in him apart from energy and he seems a happy chap.

Rather Shacks gets a chance there.
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:17 pm Woeful today, his passing and headless chicken offensive play is a real issue, constantly allows us to be countered on the turnover because of it.

Just dont get what people see in him apart from energy and he seems a happy chap.

Rather Shacks gets a chance there.
I really try not to criticise players if I can help it, but have to agree, he's been woeful since his return from injury. His passing is unbelievably bad for a professional footballer.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

gessa wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:19 pm I really try not to criticise players if I can help it, but have to agree, he's been woeful since his return from injury. His passing is unbelievably bad for a professional footballer.
He always has been very poor offensively imo, passing wise especially.

Love his energy but in our style you cant afford full backs/wing backs who lose the ball as often as he does.
Signed

King Cjay

Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

The season Monk was in charge I thought he was excellent, not been the same player last and this season not a criticism by the way. We lack height without him but would give Shackleton a go on the evidence of prior appearances.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

gessa wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:19 pm I really try not to criticise players if I can help it, but have to agree, he's been woeful since his return from injury. His passing is unbelievably bad for a professional footballer.
He's always had plenty of mistakes in him, work rate usually means we are better off with him than without but I think the whole team has moved up a step now and sadly Luke isn't quite there. Doubt there are many on the pitch that care as much as him though.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:28 pm He always has been very poor offensively imo, passing wise especially.

Love his energy but in our style you cant afford full backs/wing backs who lose the ball as often as he does.
Ayling was no worse than the majority on the pitch today, infact he was better than Harrison & Klich
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:50 pm Ayling was no worse than the majority on the pitch today, infact he was better than Harrison & Klich
Disagree i thought he was very poor.

The only thing he did was run a lot and misplace passes, created nothing, had one good header.

Ali created 4 shooting chances and put in 12 crosses from the left.

Ayling had more touches and more passes then anyone, did nothing with them.

All he does is run a lot, if that wasnt a defence for other players it isnt one for him imo.

Klich and Harrison were poor to, Ayling was every bit as bad.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2019-03-11 at 10.21.23.png
Screenshot 2019-03-11 at 10.21.23.png (35.81 KiB) Viewed 4378 times
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2019-04-01 at 08.10.05.png
Screenshot 2019-04-01 at 08.10.05.png (60.16 KiB) Viewed 4269 times
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

nice to see luke as finally rediscovered his form . got legs like a frog tho.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Who gives a toss how anyone's playing , all that matters are the 3 pts now. Says something if they can play that bad and win .The squad has character and belief in bundles which will hopefully see them through.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk