QPR v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: QPR v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by The Subhuman »

rab_rant wrote:NewSpeak----- > It was a technical decision ----> Klich.

coughbullshitcough
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

faaip wrote: I apologise but can't score what I didn't see or hear.
No apology necessary. I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of what you did see.
hector

Post by hector »

Well..... I have now watched the second half... :shock:

Can I say at this point...... "I told you so" about Kemar? :tup:

Don't care if I can or not.... :P :P

" I TOLD YOU SO!!" and so did Faaip... :lol: :lol:

Seems we sent out a different team in the second half...

Saiz still too greedy and seems to switch off if things are not going his way, right to the point where he misses a 1 on 1 with the keeper....

Ayling is a bloody liabillity. Goes missing from his proper job, and if he gets the ball anywhere near the box my thoughts are always "s**t, why is it not someone else?" as the only people to see the ball after he shoots are somewhere in the gods of the stand (not always the one behind the goal either).

The clown prince of goalies lived up to his name as well....

But even after Kemar's top performance, Ronnie still was the stand out player for me... Never scared to get stuck in, and really disrupted their flow at times, and even passed it properly.....

Well deserved 3 points there.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote:Well..... I have now watched the second half... :shock:

Can I say at this point...... "I told you so" about Kemar? :tup:

Don't care if I can or not.... :P :P

" I TOLD YOU SO!!" and so did Faaip... :lol: :lol:

Seems we sent out a different team in the second half...

Saiz still too greedy and seems to switch off if things are not going his way, right to the point where he misses a 1 on 1 with the keeper....

Ayling is a bloody liabillity. Goes missing from his proper job, and if he gets the ball anywhere near the box my thoughts are always "s**t, why is it not someone else?" as the only people to see the ball after he shoots are somewhere in the gods of the stand (not always the one behind the goal either).

The clown prince of goalies lived up to his name as well....

But even after Kemar's top performance, Ronnie still was the stand out player for me... Never scared to get stuck in, and really disrupted their flow at times, and even passed it properly.....

Well deserved 3 points there.
Roofe was imperious yesterday but that performance has been a long time coming Hector. He had a stint upfront earlier in the season & didn't set the world alight. He now needs to push on & score goals on a consistent basis.

Agree with you entirely on Saiz & his greediness, when he did eventually lay the ball off in the last minute Roofe popped in his hat-trick

As for Ayling I despair, he is obviously is undroppable :shock:
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

faaip wrote:It'll take an injury to shift Ayling. Going to take several before Klich gets anywhere near the bench
Ayling has been a liability of late , so Beradi in his natural position would be good . Considering O'Kane has been abysmal for ages now , yet still makes the bench - just WHAT has Klich got to do to get near the first team - has he done a Grayson and been shagging the clubs staff ? He couldn't possibly be worse than O'Kane .
1964white

Post by 1964white »

After a woeful first-half where we rarely made two passes together not putting a makeshift Hoops team under any pressure whatsoever we finally woke up to the fact we had a football match we needed to win. Leeds showed much more purpose in the second period as we drove forward towards the Leeds end where our 3,000+ fans were willing our team on.
The unfortunate Ekuban injury was key to this victory allowing Roofe to play up top & a rare opportunity to see Cibicki perform on the right

Superb view of Roofe's hat-trick from the upper tier

1. Great delivery with no backlift from Alioski for Roofe to get between the two hoops CB's & score with a wonderful header

2. Cibicki picked up the ball in oceans of a space with one intent in mind as he put in a sublime cross for Roofe to tap in. Had that been Saiz or Alioski they would probably had carried the ball into the area & wasted the opportunity, that cross was incisive & was a nightmare for the Rangers defence to defend.

3. The only time Saiz passed the ball after a run at the heart of their defence laying on the chance for Roofe to grab his hat-trick

Man of the Match has to go to Roofe with top performances from Vieira, Pontus & Cibicki

What was Felix thinking when it was easier to catch the ball rather than allowing it to bounce ? to his credit he did make a great save to keep the score at 1-2, then Saiz broke away & Roofe scored his 3rd goal, Pontus & I think Cooper ran up to Felix & hugged him.

Ratings based on the 2nd half

6 - Wiedwald
5 - Ayling
8 - Jansson
7 - Cooper
7 - Berardi
9 - Vieira
7 - Phillips
8 - Cibicki
5 - Saiz
6 - Alioski
10 - Roofe

Is this the first time we've had two ponytails playing down the right :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:right gotta go out, going to miss at least 20 minutes
You missed the best part of the game mate :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Fantastic result albeit a rubbish first half. I've just stuck the channel 5 footy show on to record....can't wait to see their goal! Thanks again everyone for all your comments, better than LUTV any day :tup: (feeling smug, did call this one 1-3 :lol: )
The first two goals were beauties Swan :scarf1:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote:You missed the best part of the game mate :(

I know
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip, you are up as late as me.... :-D
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

faaip wrote:Saiz gave the ball away all the game I saw. That was the first hour and the last 10 or so, he was the biggest problem for us in the first half...if he played out of his skin for the other 20 I apologise but can't score what I didn't see or hear.
No need to apologise for a well-considered opinion.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:I know
I try not to drink too much just before a game including tea/coffee for the fear of having to go to the loo during the game, the cold air doesn't help !
Hate missing any of the game as we are likely to score whilst I'm in the concourse :(
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote:I try not to drink too much just before a game including tea/coffee for the fear of having to go to the loo during the game, the cold air doesn't help !
Hate missing any of the game as we are likely to score whilst I'm in the concourse :(
I knew you were the reason we had our losing run - your selfishness in not going to the toilet was why we kept missing chances. Next match I am going to lock you in the toilets and we will 18-0.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:I knew you were the reason we had our losing run - your selfishness in not going to the toilet was why we kept missing chances. Next match I am going to lock you in the toilets and we will 18-0.
:roflmao:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote:faaip, you are up as late as me.... :-D

Watching some Steelers Ravens ..
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote:I try not to drink too much just before a game including tea/coffee for the fear of having to go to the loo during the game, the cold air doesn't help !

And you probably don't have to factor in the other half. Sandi doesn't drive in the dark and she promised a friend she'd help her with some sewing..I had to drive her over and would normally stay and shoot the breeze but wanted to get back to catch the end