Monday's News Bits - Carillion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Monday's News Bits - Carillion

Post by 1964white »

Police hunting for a man wanted over the murder of a neighbour and the attempted murder of his pregnant girlfriend say they have found a body
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-42684785

Construction giant Carillion is to go into liquidation, threatening thousands of jobs
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42687032

Cyrille Regis, the former West Brom and England forward, has died aged 59
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42687285

One of the great goalies of the 60's passed away
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... p5m6rtXxIV

Most popular car colour in 2017
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... pw5uVlR_uE

1. Black (20.3%)

2. Grey (19.7%)

3. White (19%)

4. Blue (16%)

5. Silver (10.0%)

6. Red (9.9%)

7. Green (1.1%)

8. Orange (0.8%)

9. Bronze (0.5%)

10. Yellow (0.4%)
1964white

Re: Monday's News Bits

Post by 1964white »

Very sad news here in East Yorks this weekend

I know the area very well where this horrible incident took place only five miles away. I often drive through the very small affluent village Southburn (use to have a client there) on my way to Kirkburn.

I did say to Jill when the police was hunting for this nutter I reckoned the murderer had killed himself. He has done us all a favour as the tax-payer doesn't have to pay to keep yet another murderous criminal locked up in prison for life.

RIP to the his victim Shane & condolences to his family/friends & injured partner Laura
1964white

Post by 1964white »

So what is your favourite car colour ?
hector

Post by hector »

the cheapest
1964white

Post by 1964white »

1964white wrote:Construction giant Carillion is to go into liquidation, threatening thousands of jobs
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42687032
20,000 jobs at risk :(

What is going to happen to all the public services Carillion cater for ?

Some heads need to roll :x
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote:the cheapest
Funny enough I can't recall owing a white car even though I'm a fanatical Leeds fan

Plenty of white cars on the roads these days

I know someone who owns a yellow car
gotagetz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by gotagetz »

1964white wrote:So what is your favourite car colour ?
I've only ever had blue, black , red, silver and now grey. Grey and silver seem to look cleaner when dirty than the others which suits me
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Construction giant Carillion is to go into liquidation, threatening thousands of jobs

I read that Carillion had safeguarded the bonuses of their chief executive (circa £4M) some months ago even though they were heading for financial ruin, or at least their employees and thousands more sub contractors who’ll probably go to the wall due to not getting paid. But at least the CEOwill be ok so that’s alright.... :evil:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:So what is your favourite car colour ?
Yellow! Had a little yellow mini when I first passed my test (was green but had it sprayed yellow) Then got a triumph spitfire ( was white, had it sprayed yellow), then another Spitfire (already yellow), then a silver BMW for 23 years!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:20,000 jobs at risk :(

What is going to happen to all the public services Carillion cater for ?

Some heads need to roll :x
I'd never heard of Carillion before, but just watching Look North and the ramifications are huge. So many unfinished projects....not to mention the people who will possibly lose their jobs.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

rich_leeds64 wrote:Construction giant Carillion is to go into liquidation, threatening thousands of jobs

I read that Carillion had safeguarded the bonuses of their chief executive (circa £4M) some months ago even though they were heading for financial ruin, or at least their employees and thousands more sub contractors who’ll probably go to the wall due to not getting paid. But at least the CEOwill be ok so that’s alright.... :evil:
And handed contract after contract by his friends in govt (major Tory donor) even after several profit warnings. Stinks to high heaven, but atypical of the 1% looking after each other
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
gessa

Post by gessa »

Police hunting for a man wanted over the murder of a neighbour and the attempted murder of his pregnant girlfriend say they have found a body

Turned on our local news channel last night and the first 3 pieces of news were about 3 murders, all with knives, in our region. It seems that life is not precious to more and more people, 3 young lives taken and probably for not a lot, just silly arguements.
gessa

Post by gessa »

rich_leeds64 wrote:Construction giant Carillion is to go into liquidation, threatening thousands of jobs

Appalling Rich, they do know how to look after one another.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Police hunting for a man wanted over the murder of a neighbour and the attempted murder of his pregnant girlfriend say they have found a body

Turned on our local news channel last night and the first 3 pieces of news were about 3 murders, all with knives, in our region. It seems that life is not precious to more and more people, 3 young lives taken and probably for not a lot, just silly arguements.
Madness mate, life is so precious but can be easily taken away by some lunatic

I now realised where the victim/murderer resided. I believe it is one of few semi-detached dwellings.
I'm speculating this tragic needless act was probably down to a neighbour's dispute. I maybe totally wrong !

Majority of the dwellings in Southburn are big houses secluded behind wall & woodland gardens.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The rich looking after rich yet again

Absolutely appalling :evil:
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:Madness mate, life is so precious but can be easily taken away by some lunatic

More and more violent crime being committed by people with mental health issues, people who should be being cared for, not thrown out and basically told to get on with it, I know the police are under a lot of pressure as the care in the community programme as shown it self as a massive failure. Hasten to add, a lot of these people are also victims of many unscrupulous bastids.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Yellow! Had a little yellow mini when I first passed my test (was green but had it sprayed yellow) Then got a triumph spitfire ( was white, had it sprayed yellow), then another Spitfire (already yellow), then a silver BMW for 23 years!
A spitfire girl eh !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:More and more violent crime being committed by people with mental health issues, people who should be being cared for, not thrown out and basically told to get on with it, I know the police are under a lot of pressure as the care in the community programme as shown it self as a massive failure. Hasten to add, a lot of these people are also victims of many unscrupulous bastids.
Indeed mate
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:A spitfire girl eh !
Yes! absolutely...
gessa

Post by gessa »

whiteswan wrote:Yes! absolutely...