Temperature in Missouri tonight

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Temperature in Missouri tonight

Post by Norm »

-2F heading for -4F (-20C). All the house sealed the best way we can, ventless propane gas heater in the living room on 5 bars, kitchen gas cooker on 1 ring, small electric heater in office on full.
Result - tolerable, but it's bloody cold out there. Unsure what the wind chill factor is.

I expect Rab'll say I'm a big girl's blouse or worse but he can keep his bloody Finnish weather - this is bad enough thanks.

Just checked and Rab's got a heat wave, if he's anywhere near Helsinki that is, 27F (-3C) .
hector

Re: Temperature in Missouri tonight

Post by hector »

Should have stayed over here a bit longer Norm......
MissouriLeeds
Ballboy
Ballboy
Twitter: @jewishjordan13

Post by MissouriLeeds »

Norm, are you a Missourian and/or American? While The Netherlands is dark and wet compared to St. Louis, I am glad to be missing some of this brutal winter we are having back home. I was visiting family in St. Louis for New Year's and experienced the New Year's Day temps of -6F, no fun at all.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Our company is owned by a Canadian firm. Always feel a bit of a wuss when I'm on conference calls complaining about temperatures of 0C and telling them the country has come to a standstill because of an inch of snow. Over there the schools don’t close until it gets to -35C.
MissouriLeeds
Ballboy
Ballboy
Twitter: @jewishjordan13

Post by MissouriLeeds »

Shields53 wrote:Our company is owned by a Canadian firm. Always feel a bit of a wuss when I'm on conference calls complaining about temperatures of 0C and telling them the country has come to a standstill because of an inch of snow. Over there the schools don’t close until it gets to -35C.
The cold in the prairies of Canada (Edmonton and Calgary being the biggest cities in that region) is next level frigid. I believe they hit wind chills of -45C and worse over the holiday period. It's amazing to me that people can choose to live there. But I suppose home is home.
hector

Post by hector »

It was a very pleasant -50 odd with wind chill whilst I was on "holiday" in South Georgia (the antarctic one not the American one) in the early 80's.... I remember wishing the Argies had invaded Bermuda instead...

How anyone could choose to live in very cold places is beyond me..... warm ... make it warm........
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Moved back to England in December after 2 1/2 years living in Spain - gone from wearing shorts every day and blue skies to big coat and grey skies and constant drizzle. That said the week we moved back there seemed to be a bit of a cold snap where we'd lived with temperatures overnight down to around -6 to -10 although the big difference is the daytime when it is still blue skies and probably around 15 to 20 degrees celsius.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

hector wrote:

Should have stayed over here a bit longer Norm......
Spent too much mate - lived in hotels for longer than normal this time.
Enjoyed the freedom though.

We've had some of the coldest weather since the turn of the century here.
As some pointed out, Canada has us beat all ends up and we do tend to complain about the slightest bit of cold/snow.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

MissouriLeeds wrote:

Norm, are you a Missourian and/or American? While The Netherlands is dark and wet compared to St. Louis, I am glad to be missing some of this brutal winter we are having back home. I was visiting family in St. Louis for New Year's and experienced the New Year's Day temps of -6F, no fun at all.
No mate - I'm from Wakefield (10 or so miles south of Leeds) originally. I met my American wife-to-be when I lived in London in '82 and we moved over here in '96.