Paul Heckingbottom

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Paul Heckingbottom

Post by The Subhuman »

Can I change my user name to Gessa's driving monocles please
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Have to say, I wouldn't be averse to AR sacking that clown Heckingarse and giving Carboran the reigns until the end of the season. We've nothing to lose, and he couldn't do any worse than PH is currently doing.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

lufc1304 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:52 pm Have to say, I wouldn't be averse to AR sacking that clown Heckingarse and giving Carboran the reigns until the end of the season. We've nothing to lose, and he couldn't do any worse than PH is currently doing.
Sometimes clowns can surprise you

"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Somebody get PH an application form for America's Got Talent. If we can have a whip-round on here I am sure we can raise enough to get him a one-way trip to the USA.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

weasel wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:05 pm Somebody get PH an application form for America's Got Talent. If we can have a whip-round on here I am sure we can raise enough to get him a one-way trip to the USA.
:rol: Reading a lot of the comments on here I think some would be happy to pay for the whole plane ticket themselves weasel...never mind a whip round
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:47 am Saw that twitter went into meltdown because of the mid-table budget quote.
It is a very revealing statement from him since he has been made privvy to the financial
outlook for next season. I should expect Radrazzini is not well pleased when he let that
little it of information slip out.

In the past we have always condemned owners for having a lack of ambition and failing
to invest, so it must be disheartening for the fans to hear more of the same. So much for
all the talk about following the Wolves model, that is definately out the window now.

Normally you want your team to win games but I would be quite happy to loose the next
three games if it resulted in WhatTheHeck getting the boot. He is a dreadful embarassment
to the club. A loser, with a history of loosing.
Yeah strange thing for a manager to say with quite a few games till the end of the current season.

Get the excuses in very early.

Want us to finish well, but i dont want a season of Hecky. Week after week of excuses, crap football and clichés.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

Ffs...when I saw Heckingbottom at the top of the forum chat i prayed we had finally got shot of him....

no such luck :cry:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Ronan wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:36 pm Ffs...when I saw Heckingbottom at the top of the forum chat i prayed we had finally got shot of him....

no such luck :cry:
He's still here
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Even taking into account that he might prove to be better than his past (and present) suggests....I just don`t feel comfortable with this guy.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Cjay wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:18 pm Yeah strange thing for a manager to say with quite a few games till the end of the current season.

Get the excuses in very early.

Want us to finish well, but i dont want a season of Hecky. Week after week of excuses, crap football and clichés.
Happy to see someone make the decision now to get rid.

Hold up hands, admit wrong appointment, move on.

Would at least show a little bit of backbone.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Gino 1959 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:06 pm Happy to see someone make the decision now to get rid.

Hold up hands, admit wrong appointment, move on.

Would at least show a little bit of backbone.
But last time they made that choice they had to rush to find anybody . . . .thats how we got Paul Heckingbottom.

Perhaps better to let him stay in charge, sleep walk to the end of the season, then get rid and hopefully find a decent manager.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 pm But last time they made that choice they had to rush to find anybody . . . .thats how we got Paul Heckingbottom.

Perhaps better to let him stay in charge, sleep walk to the end of the season, then get rid and hopefully find a decent manager.
Decent managers wouldn't touch Leeds with a barge pole Cjay
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:16 pm Decent managers wouldn't touch Leeds with a barge pole Cjay
Dont say that, i have convinced myself that Hecky will be gone in May and Dean Smith will be here . . Dont ruin it for me please :(
Signed

King Cjay

Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Cjay wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 pm But last time they made that choice they had to rush to find anybody . . . .thats how we got Paul Heckingbottom.

Fair point. Hopefully, the decision has been made behind the scenes and a wish list of replacements drawn up that will be pursued once the current manager has been told to heck off.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Gino 1959 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:58 pm Fair point. Hopefully, the decision has been made behind the scenes and a wish list of replacements drawn up that will be pursued once the current manager has been told to heck off.
Can only hope this is the case.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

The fact that AR was supposedly keen on bringing Wagner here (before the play-offs last season) suggests that he mightn't be altogether clueless as to what a decent manager looks like and gives us some hope that the next appointment will be a marked improvement on this tool
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Rads needs to decide who he wants, not listen to Orta who will pick another gutless puppet. He needs a coach who can approach him direct and not go through Orta. I’m convinced our problems this season are down to Orta, sack him along with PH and give a decent manager a decent budget.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Gino 1959 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:58 pm Fair point. Hopefully, the decision has been made behind the scenes and a wish list of replacements drawn up that will be pursued once the current manager has been told to heck off.
Radz wanted David Wagner after Monk left, theres hope in that. He recognised a decent manager. :duno:
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:28 pm Radz wanted David Wagner after Monk left, theres hope in that. He recognised a decent manager. :duno:
Easy though to say he recognised a decent manager because Wagner had just got promotion - harder to recognise one before they make it obvious by getting promoted etc. Apparently he was also interested in Stam so maybe he just looked at managers of the teams that finished higher than Leeds
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:45 pm Easy though to say he recognised a decent manager because Wagner had just got promotion - harder to recognise one before they make it obvious by getting promoted etc. Apparently he was also interested in Stam so maybe he just looked at managers of the teams that finished higher than Leeds
Agreed but there are decent managers about, certainly better then Paul Heckingbottom.
Dean Smith, Alex Neil, Lee Johnson, Chris Wilder, Gary Rowett, Oscar Garcia (was my pick in summer) , Slav Jokanovic, Frank De Boer, Marco Silva, even the lad who was favourite before Hecky Hannes Wolf, he had a decent record for such a young coach.

I still cant understand how Hecky got the job, baffles me it really does. His cv is poor, record is poor, he must have played a blinder in the interview but doesnt strike me as charismatic.

Can cope with finishing the season with him, but dread starting the next one with him.

If we finish less then 6 off the playoffs then i cant see how Radz can justify sacking TC and not Hecky.
Signed

King Cjay