Leeds v Bristol City - Team/News/Reports/Ratings....Sunday 4.30pm

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Re: Leeds v Bristol City - Team/News/Reports/Ratings....Sunday 4.30pm

Post by Gurj »

Cjay wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:11 pm And Lassie and Ali from that game, Samu doesn't score without them :)

IN fairness most clubs rely on a couple of stars, we have Saiz, Jansson, Ali, Vieira and Lassie. 8-)

Take Boly and Jota out of Wolves, take Terry and Snoddy out of Villa, Take Hoilett and Bamba out of Cardiff, take Reid and Flint out of Bristol City et, nothing new about having a few stars.
Ali ?! As in Alioski ? World class, really ? If he is world class there is hope for me yet and I am approaching 45 !!! He's an average Championship player at best and same goes for much of our team hence why we will probably finish around mid table !
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Ali ?! As in Alioski ? World class, really ? If he is world class there is hope for me yet and I am approaching 45 !!! He's an average Championship player at best and same goes for much of our team hence why we will probably finish around mid table !
Ditto 100%
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

60sUnited wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:27 amDitto 100%
Glad I'm not the only one with the same opinion

I was starting to doubt what i was seeing

That's four on us on this topic who wouldn't start our world class No.10....Dallas would give us more
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

1964white wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:05 am

Glad I'm not the only one with the same opinion

I was starting to doubt what i was seeing

That's four on us on this topic who wouldn't start our world class No.10....Dallas would give us more
Had this opinion for some time now 64, its a shame that Hecks choices are so limited with our childish suspensions and unfortunate injuries. But I also like the 'Dallas' type of player, he always gives 100% and although rarely spectacular he is usually a reliable team player.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Cjay wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:11 pm And Lassie and Ali from that game, Samu doesn't score without them :)

IN fairness most clubs rely on a couple of stars, we have Saiz, Jansson, Ali, Vieira and Lassie. 8-)

Take Boly and Jota out of Wolves, take Terry and Snoddy out of Villa, Take Hoilett and Bamba out of Cardiff, take Reid and Flint out of Bristol City et, nothing new about having a few stars.
Jansson is our only stand out player. Vieira has the potential to be in the future. Ali and lassoga average at best.

BTW wolves have a team of stars: neves is their best player, they also have afobe, cavaleiro, Costa, bonatini etc
Villa also with Grealish lansbury Chester adomah kodjia etc
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I didnt say world class :oops:

None of them are World Class.

Dont agree on "average championship player".

Theres potential there.

He has more goals and assists this season then Pablo Hernandez, Jota (Birmingham) for example who seem to be regarded as class players at this level.

Comparatively for 1st Championship season he is 1 goal behind Robert Snodgrass, the same as Albert Adomah, Fernando Forestieri, better then Junior Hoilet and Bobby Reid who have all earned rave reviews this season or last.

For a guy in his 1st season in England far to much is expected imo, as shown above 1st Championship season isn't easy and players thought of as "average" have gone on to prove people totally wrong.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

danhirons wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:47 am Jansson is our only stand out player. Vieira has the potential to be in the future. Ali and lassoga average at best.

BTW wolves have a team of stars: neves is their best player, they also have afobe, cavaleiro, Costa, bonatini etc
Villa also with Grealish lansbury Chester adomah kodjia etc
On paper yes.

I'm just going by what Villa fans said, Snoddy has dragged them through over the last month or so. There terrified of him getting injured.

Same for Wolves, despite the players, they are scared of losing Jota and Boly, it hasnt happened this season but its been there biggest fear
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm sorry Gurj and others but you're really going to have to point out where CJay uses the words world class because I ain't seeing them
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

danhirons wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:47 amBTW wolves have a team of stars: neves is their best player, they also have afobe, cavaleiro, Costa, bonatini etc
Villa also with Grealish Lansbury Chester Adomah Kodjia etc
After seeing Wolves thrash us & the Villa draw at ER plus a few of their matches on the telly I have to agree with you Dan on the those players, more quality & stronger physically :tup: that's why they are top & 2nd in the championship & we are halfway down the league
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:01 pm I'm sorry Gurj and others but you're really going to have to point out where CJay uses the words world class because I ain't seeing them
Exactly.

Misinterpreted.

Theres not 1 single world class player in the Championship.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... responsive

Shaunie out long term, similar injury to Ayling.
Tyler Roberts definitely out for the season possibly even longer, his injury could be a nasty one 6months plus.
Dallas sounds like he will continue at right back.
Tom Pearce and Jack Clarke been training with the 1st team.
Kemar Roofe and Qasim Buoy back in training today.
Lassie saying nice things, his girlfriend and daughter are now in Leeds (possibly may explain his decent form a bit)
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:18 pm https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... responsive
Lassie saying nice things, his girlfriend and daughter are now in Leeds (possibly may explain his decent form a bit)
Good point Cjay, probably feels much more happy & settled now
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

What you saying Sackos not World Class :shock: :lol: :lol:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

"Not a must win game" . . . . .

According to Hecky.

Not liking that, understand maybe trying to take the pressure of the players but they know it is and he must know it is. Comes across as negative that comment.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:19 pm "Not a must win game" . . . . .

According to Hecky.

Not liking that, understand maybe trying to take the pressure of the players but they know it is and he must know it is. Comes across as negative that comment.
A must win game for our confidence but not for the play-offs as they are long gone

We are simply not good enough :(
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:13 pm Good point Cjay, probably feels much more happy & settled now
Hopefully, although seems we arent after him in the summer so doesnt really matter in the end :(
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:31 pm A must win game for our confidence but not for the play-offs as they are long gone

Thought the plus of Hecky was meant to be he will tell it how it is . . . :(
Signed

King Cjay

Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Cjay wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:14 pm Exactly.

Misinterpreted.

Theres not 1 single world class player in the Championship.
I guess that's why they are in the championship . You get players who are regular at teams like Man City , Chelsea etc and they aren't world class , so you aren't going to get them in the championship ( or similar second tiers abroad ) - there are a handful of "world class " players - a very over used term ....you're looking at Messi , Aguero and that calibre . I wouldn't say Harry Kane is world class yet . He's very , very good ....but NOT world class .
That's what I think anyway :)
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

1964white wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:31 pm A must win game for our confidence but not for the play-offs as they are long gone

Good chance of a win , very much needed ... BUT ...... O'FuckingKane plays - Leeds lose , doesn't play , decent chance of points .
gessa

Post by gessa »

Clacton White wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:20 am Good chance of a win , very much needed ... BUT ...... O'FuckingKane plays - Leeds lose , doesn't play , decent chance of points .
Come on mate, it's time to get off the fence and really tell what you think of O'Kane. :)