Referee yesterday

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Referee yesterday

Post by 1964white »

Oliver Langford is his name, has to be one of the worst referees I've seen, certainly the worst at ER this season

Lassoga beats the offside trap & is clean through with a one on one & the stupid man in green pulls it back for a free-kick to Leeds, an incident in midfield as the ball was played through

Saiz cleverly beats two men whilst being fouled at the same time, gets away from them both & once again the ref blows his whistle for a Leeds free-kick

Hasn't this clown heard of the play-on advantage rule?

Booked Anita & Alioski in the first half :booked: Brentford players committed similar fouls & the ref didn't even talk or warn the bees players let alone instantly producing a yellow card as he did with our pair

Saiz turns a defender on a sixpence on the edge of their box, would have been clean through had he not been grappled with arms all over him.....no foul given

Alioski brought down in the box, I know Ali goes down easily but it looked nailed on from where I was standing. Would have to see the incident again

There were other debatable incidents too !

Langford eventually handed out yellow cards for fouls when the Brentford defence was under pressure to ironic cheers from the Leeds fans

Langford clearly had a shocker :oops:
1964white

Re: Referee yesterday

Post by 1964white »

Just spoken to a friend who was sat in the East Stand who also confirmed my suspicions that one of the Brentford wingers was clearly offside when the Bees nearly scored. Difficult for me to call from my position in the kop but it looked very dubious

Linesman to blame for that one

Another poor decision added to the above list of refereeing calamities
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Would be of interest how our LUTV commentary team reacted to all the indeicretions

I suspect Noel Whelan was going mad (Is he on Radio Leeds) :rant:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Funnily enough Brentford fc fans are saying the total opposite, biased towards us.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:55 pm Funnily enough Brentford fc fans are saying the total opposite, biased towards us.
Yes I saw that last night

Clearly ridiculous if they study the incidents I've highlighted

How many of those Bees fans actually saw the game ?
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

As I was out of town listened to Radio Leeds Noel was having a fit about the Ref not playing advantage and he wasn’t too happy about the bookings as well
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't