Ryan Edmondson

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Ryan Edmondson

Post by Cjay »

Final player thread of the season.

Very unlucky to not score.

He is absolutely massive :oops:

Dont know what they been feeding him but he's gotta be 6ft2 6ft3 and still growing! !!!

Powerfully built lad to.

Was a highlight to see him get a chance.

Did alright.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Ryan Edmondson

Post by 8ballali »

At first sight i thought the commentators had got the wrong player. He doesn't look like a scrawny sixteen year old kid. More like Alan Shearer on steroids.
Winners never quit! Quitters never win!
(url=http://www.twitter.com/8ballali][/url)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

8ballali wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 11:36 pm At first sight i thought the commentators had got the wrong player. He doesn't look like a scrawny sixteen year old kid. More like Alan Shearer on steroids.
I was astonished by the size of Ryan for his age, looks like he can handle himself & has something in his locker
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Really mature and class act for a young kid. Hard to believe he's 16 when you watch and listen to him. Glad to hear how many times he mentions he's a Leeds fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85CLVOdU0Xs
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

I think the only thing that surprises me is how he quickly he jumped ahead of Dalby and Clarke into a first team debut. Edmundson is a class act for sure, but will he be part of the first team squad next year? I think he only played one game for the 23s didnt he? With the other two I thought they would be closer to first team action and making an impact next year. Maybe I'm wrong and heckingbottom thinks he's going to be someone he can call upon immediately. But Dalby and Clarke look class too from what I've seen.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm not sure we can read anything into anything without the key bit of knowledge. Is PH back next season? PH himself probably already has some idea
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Great to have a debate about going up and coming kids and hopefully one of them “has it!”
Funny how such a poor season has the positives, Faaips above post shows the squad is in decent nick! If other targets are as ambitious as Bartley along with Pearce, coyle, edmondson and Roberts we could have an exciting squad.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Just watched the video of him speaking at the academy (thanks ajs) and what a lot of sense he speaks.( Dare I say this, but when he was asked about being the captain, and the video was shown with him going up and congratulating and speaking to the other players....his demeanour had the look of a John Terry to me)
Just recorded The championship on catch up so hopefully I can get a look at him at yesterdays game...
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

He`s indeed huge for his age, but being a big heavy guy he also seems to have decent speed and mobility.
That would be a nice bunch of qualities for a striker.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

He's alright, but along way away from being a regular next season. I'd have preferred to see Sam Dalby start ahead of Ekuban instead, to see if he's ready yet.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

SG90 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:17 am He's alright, but along way away from being a regular next season. I'd have preferred to see Sam Dalby start ahead of Ekuban instead, to see if he's ready yet.
My thoughts exactly. I have high optimism for Edmo. But you'd think Clarke and Dalby were closer to making an impact.