The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 10 May)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 10 May)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Stoke, West Brom and Swansea will be the 3 teams playing in the Championship next season after Huddersfield pulled out the stops holding Chelsea to a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge last night.

Only a goal difference of around 10, and a loss for the Saints this wekend will upset the apple cart.

Which, if any of the above teams should e we overly concerned about?

Leeds were beaten yesterday by a Myanmar National League All-Star's XI, but are we over reacting?

The plane only landed 24 hours before hand after an 11 hour flight, the Sun would have zapped the energy out of our players and let's face it the side we put out was experimental to say the least.

It looks like Pawel Cibicki is on his way out of Elland Road!!!

He was seen at at Legia Warsaw's game last night.

Was he given a proper chance to impress?
Brader
First Team
First Team

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 10 May)

Post by Brader »

The couple of games I saw him in I thought he looks alright. Probably one of the better deliverers of a cross we have. But he’s hardly a teenager so I don’t think we have the funds or free wages to let him wait and develop.

Also - I’m taking nothing from that game. It’s a total PR stunt - golden handshake for a potential sponsor or investor maybe? The last long haul flight I took to japan left me unwilling to do anything but sleep for a day thanks to jet lag and time difference. So f**k knows how those lads managed to play a game in that heat.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:07 am Good Morning Everyone
Which, if any of the above teams should e we overly concerned about?
Good morning Matt

All three if we start with last seasons shower of sh*te
Ellandback1 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:07 am Leeds were beaten yesterday by a Myanmar National League All-Star's XI, but are we over reacting?
The plane only landed 24 hours before hand after an 11 hour flight, the Sun would have zapped the energy out of our players and let's face it the side we put out was experimental to say the least
I have no interest in seeing a League One/Two outfit playing in a meaningless friendly just to line the pockets of our chairman & his cronies !
Radz should be spending his valuable time sorting out the mess he created not p*ssing about in some Asian country
Ellandback1 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:07 am It looks like Pawel Cibicki is on his way out of Elland Road!!!
Was he given a proper chance to impress?
Like me Hecky probably thought he is a big girls blouse, certainly walks & runs like one.
One decent 2nd half down at Loftus Road & that was it. Get shot of him or her :)
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

And if West Brom give the manager a decent crack I think they’ll be straight up. Stoke I think will struggle - I think their better players will be picked off by other prem clubs and the rest of them didn’t look interested since Christmas.

Swansea are an interesting one. Keen to see who leaves them in the summer - Jordan Ayew surely will go - but Carlos has a lot of championship knowledge which will give them a solid advantage
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Brader wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:16 am The couple of games I saw him in I thought he looks alright. Probably one of the better deliverers of a cross we have. But he’s hardly a teenager so I don’t think we have the funds or free wages to let him wait and develop.

Also - I’m taking nothing from that game. It’s a total PR stunt - golden handshake for a potential sponsor or investor maybe? The last long haul flight I took to japan left me unwilling to do anything but sleep for a day thanks to jet lag and time difference. So f**k knows how those lads managed to play a game in that heat.
Morning Brader. If Legia Warsaw are interested in Cibicki, what does that tell us about the winger? Is he worth a second shot?

I don't know much about the Polish league but I'd imagine Legia Warsaw are a half decent team easily good enough to give Leeds a decent game!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:18 am Good morning Matt

All three if we start with last seasons shower of sh*te

I have no interest in seeing a League One/Two outfit playing in a meaningless friendly just to line the pockets of our chairman & his cronies !
Radz should be spending his valuable time sorting out the mess he created not p*ssing about in some Asian country

Like me Hecky probably thought he is a big girls blouse, certainly walks & runs like one.
One decent 2nd half down at Loftus Road & that was it. Get shot of him or her :)
Morning Leon, would you say that our present regime under Radrizzani is better than Cellino?
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Morning all, there are going to be a lot of teams capable of going up next season, I think our success might depend on how many of the youngsters break into the first team and how well they do.

PH blaming the players, it doesn’t bother me, I see it as his way of saying we need better, that the signings are not good enough. I’m disappointed in PH and more so in Rads persisting with the setup.

All we can do is hope Rads doesn’t half heartedly stick with PH it needs to be all or nothing. Ask PH for some transfer targets, give him full control over the training ground, go all in with him. If he doesn’t trust him enough then now is the time to say goodbye.

Those in favour of a DOF often claim it saves manager/coaches wasting money bringing in their favourites and being lumbered with them, well it’s been exactly the same and an even bigger waste of money this season with the DOF approach, Sacko, Klich, Cibicki all frozen out, Anita, CBJ and De Bock simply not good enough, players stealing wages from us.

Director of football signs a player who’s face doesn’t fit and the coach leaves him out, a new coach comes in and he too leaves them out.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Richard wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:21 am Morning all, there are going to be a lot of teams capable of going up next season, I think our success might depend on how many of the youngsters break into the first team and how well they do.

PH blaming the players, it doesn’t bother me, I see it as his way of saying we need better, that the signings are not good enough. I’m disappointed in PH and more so in Rads persisting with the setup.

All we can do is hope Rads doesn’t half heartedly stick with PH it needs to be all or nothing. Ask PH for some transfer targets, give him full control over the training ground, go all in with him. If he doesn’t trust him enough then now is the time to say goodbye.

Those in favour of a DOF often claim it saves manager/coaches wasting money bringing in their favourites and being lumbered with them, well it’s been exactly the same and an even bigger waste of money this season with the DOF approach, Sacko, Klich, Cibicki all frozen out, Anita, CBJ and De Bock simply not good enough, players stealing wages from us.

Director of football signs a player who’s face doesn’t fit and the coach leaves him out, a new coach comes in and he too leaves them out.
Morning pal, it amazes me how players can go from sensational to dross once they have joined Leeds.

Anita was solid during his promotion winning season with the barcodes.; De Bock came to us with a great reputation, and how we managed to find the only useless manure player in their entire squad, nobody knows!!!

How is that that supposed lesser teams in the Championship are able to sign the cream of the young talent from the big boys, and we are left with the dross?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:57 am Morning Leon, would you say that our present regime under Radrizzani is better than Cellino?
In one word.......NO !
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Richard »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:44 am Morning pal, it amazes me how players can go from sensational to dross once they have joined Leeds.

Anita was solid during his promotion winning season with the barcodes.; De Bock came to us with a great reputation, and how we managed to find the only useless manure player in their entire squad, nobody knows!!!

How is that that supposed lesser teams in the Championship are able to sign the cream of the young talent from the big boys, and we are left with the dross?
Anita isn’t a LB but we insisted on playing him there. I hate it when we sign a player described along the lines of “attacking central midfielder who CAN play wide left” you just know we’ll play them wide left.

Season after season we play so many players out of their favoured position then they get slated for not performing. I’ve moaned about Roofe but how many times as he played in a two up front system which he favours and how many times as he been played out wide.

We waste money on Sacko but play Hernandez wide left, we have Dallas who often looks great on the left for his country but we play him on the right or even right back and then moan he has had a bad game.

Pick the best 11 for their best position, if it means we’re calling on an U23 to fill one gap then so be it, what idiot didn’t recall Coyle after Ayling got injured?
Last edited by Richard on Thu May 10, 2018 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:44 am Morning pal, it amazes me how players can go from sensational to dross once they have joined Leeds.

Because we look in the wrong direction Matt

We do things on the cheap which is unacceptable bearing in mind the revenue from TV coverage, attendances, sponsors & all the other activities going on at ER

Right now we are a club going nowhere unless our top management get their act together
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Richard wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:20 am Anita isn’t a LB but we insisted on playing him there. I hate it when we sign a player described along the lines of “attacking central midfielder who CAN play wide left” you just know we’ll play them wide left.

Season after season we play so many players out of their favoured position then they get slated for not performing. I’ve moaned about Roofe but how many times as he played in a two up front system which he favours and how many times as he been played out wide.
Indeed Richard although I think both are lightweight

Roofe is a squad player at best

Anita can go !
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Richard »

1964white wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:25 am Indeed Richard although I think both are lightweight

Roofe is a squad player at best

Anita can go !
Most our players are average but play them out of position and they become poor. In a couple of games where our LBs got slated they were over worked and exposed by Hernandez drifting in from the left and being useless at tackling.

Everyone loves Pablo for what he does going forward but a left midfield player in a 4-4-2 shouldn’t be playing or drifting into the 10 position, a typical example of not playing the best in their best position.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Richard wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:29 am Most our players are average but play them out of position and they become poor. In a couple of games where our LBs got slated they were over worked and exposed by Hernandez drifting in from the left and being useless at tackling.

Everyone loves Pablo for what he does going forward but a left midfield player in a 4-4-2 shouldn’t be playing or drifting into the 10 position, a typical example of not playing the best in their best position.
All our managers do it, shouldn't need to with the size of modern-day football squads

I remember Grayson playing Jonny Howson on the wing at Bramall Lane :shock:
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Richard »

Part of our end of season problems was PH soon realising TC wasn’t doing a bad job. Hernandez, Saiz and Alioski in a 4-2-3-1 were good as a trio. He experimented and realised we can’t play any other way with the current players we have but he needed to prove a point that he was better than TC and deserved a crack.

I just don’t get how we can get worse and it becomes acceptable at the top.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Richard wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:33 am Part of our end of season problems was PH soon realising TC wasn’t doing a bad job. Hernandez, Saiz and Alioski in a 4-2-3-1 were good as a trio. He experimented and realised we can’t play any other way with the current players we have but he needed to prove a point that he was better than TC and deserved a crack.

I just don’t get how we can get worse and it becomes acceptable at the top.
You have to realise Heck had 9 players unavailable to him when he took on the reins at ER.

Also Oscar confirmed to me at the weekend those that were available to him were not fit so from the start he on a unlevel footing with the limited lazy resourses he's had at his disposal

Don't get me wrong if we could bring in someone such as the calibre of Silva or Bilic I'd be waving Hecky goodbye :mwa:
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Carlos Carvalhal is to leave Swansea at the end of the season. Who'd rather have him then Heckingbottom?
hector

Post by hector »

Perhaps we can dupe them into trading Hecky for Carvlhal and Bartley........
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

hector wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 1:10 pm Perhaps we can dupe them into trading Hecky for Carvlhal and Bartley........
Afternoon Hector, we could give it a go... :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Heck would probably get Swansea promoted, Bartley spends the season in plaster and Car person gets sacked after Leeds fans call for his head 4 games in
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"