Guiseley v Leeds

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Guiseley v Leeds

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:49 pm Like Clarke, for only 17 he has some confidence, always willing to try to get past the full back and centre back, and anyone else :)

Few of us supported Klich, still think he is our best midfielder, never been given a shot.
2 of us maybe 3,

I like Clarke but he's very raw as a footballer, one for next season or sporadically this. Klich will need injuries, he isn't defensive and we're loaded at CMF/AMF.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Shame we couldn’t see what Klich could do against decent opposition, let’s be honest, if you believe you should be wearing a Leeds shirt against Stoke a week Sunday then you should be tearing teams like this apart. Klich won’t get a nod ahead of Forshaw, Saiz, Alioski, he might get a chance off the bench though so probably done himself some good tonight.

@faaip I agree, very odd with Hernandez
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Richard wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:07 pm Shame we couldn’t see what Klich could do against decent opposition, let’s be honest, if you believe you should be wearing a Leeds shirt against Stoke a week Sunday then you should be tearing teams like this apart. Klich won’t get a nod ahead of Forshaw, Saiz, Alioski, he might get a chance off the bench though so probably done himself some good tonight.

@faaip I agree, very odd with Hernandez
Richard I did say Klich could make Bielsa's first team squad
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:53 pm 2 of us maybe 3,

I like Clarke but he's very raw as a footballer, one for next season or sporadically this. Klich will need injuries, he isn't defensive and we're loaded at CMF/AMF.
unfortunately so.

Klich would be ahead of Forshaw and Baker imo.

If thats the 2 contenders for that role.

Just something about Klich.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Thing with Klich is we know he can dominate a decent midfield.

Burnley in the cup, cup game or not teams want to win, Klich was the best player on the pitch.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:49 pm Few of us supported Klich, still think he is our best midfielder, never been given a shot.
He looks good on the ball & certainly passes the ball more efficiently than the majority of our squad. Needs to perform well in the championship, Klich is a Polish international so he should be able to play at a high level
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I've always been a Klich fan since that Burnley game , reinforced by watching clips of his better moves. It's such a shame that TC fell out with him. As faaip said if TC had used him it could have saved his job!!!
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

My preference would be Klich, a very good attacking mf, and Vieira, a good, soon to be very good, defensive mf. I think they could perform wonders - in fact they could have done last season if TC hadn't got his knickers in a twist.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

From The 72 site

Mateusz Klich – 8 – T72MOM – The best player on the park last night. The defence struggled and the scoreline tells you the game was close but it wasn’t really. Leeds controlled much of it and Klich drove the side forward, passing was brilliant, a goal and an assist and just in general a classy performance. He and Kalvin Phillips will go head to head for the deep role this season, Klich is well in with a shout.

Jack – Clarke – 7 – Clarke was one of the best players on the park last night, only behind the oozing ability of Klich. His ability to weave past players became a theme of the game and he was involved in everything good Leeds did. The youngster to watch under Marcelo Bielsa.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Still a tricky call with Klich as we have yet to see that he can perform as well v a championship side in a competitive game - until he does that we won't know and until he is given the chance we won't know. Certainly seems that he should be a decent player who should be more than capable of playing at this level but still has everything to prove and the question is will he be given the chance.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

weasel wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:54 am Still a tricky call with Klich as we have yet to see that he can perform as well v a championship side in a competitive game - until he does that we won't know and until he is given the chance we won't know. Certainly seems that he should be a decent player who should be more than capable of playing at this level but still has everything to prove and the question is will he be given the chance.
Agree with this - Klich has all the credentials but has a lot still to prove. As I've said before he certainly deserves much more of a chance than he got last season but at the moment I wouldn't select him ahead of any of Forshaw, Vieira or Phillips for Stoke, start on the bench for me.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:54 am Still a tricky call with Klich as we have yet to see that he can perform as well v a championship side in a competitive game - until he does that we won't know and until he is given the chance we won't know. Certainly seems that he should be a decent player who should be more than capable of playing at this level but still has everything to prove and the question is will he be given the chance.
You would hope being a Polish international that he could adapt to championship level, he is certainly very comfortable & seems unflustered with the ball at his feet, much more direct with his passing than our other midfielders who spend much of their time passing sideways & backwards, can't recall a misplaced pass last night
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

On Klich I agree with all of you, he didn't settle last season obviously and was judged rashly by most at Cardiff probably. He has talent I'd say too but the rigours of Championship week in etc., he could find the going tough. Certainly would have him close to the team I'd say.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Klich did look very good last night - a proper box-to-box performance. Was there to sweep up loose balls in the middle, but was also out best creative player centrally.

One incident to note though: He could easily have been sent off for throwing his head at their number 9 from a corner. The guy was an arse and they were doing all the standard wrestling (Klich also pulled his hair at one point :roflmao: ), but he could have walked were it not for the striker reacting by getting him in a headlock...
Last edited by Genghers on Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Was slightly disappointed by Blackman in that he wasn't as commanding as I expected. Maybe it was partly because the defence I'm front of him was very suspect and he's not played with them before, but there were certainly a few set-pieces and crosses which he could have claimed. Don't think he could have done much with the first two goals, but I think their third squirmed under him for a tap in.

Pearce was really good. Direct running and happy with the ball at his feet. Some decent balls in at times. Did have a tendency to get caught upfield though, but I think if someone more disciplined was in front of him, that wouldn't be an issue.

De Bock looked OK on the ball, but he's not a CB. Was pretty poor at marking from set pieces as well - the aforementioned number 9 gave him the runaround once he was mam marking.

Diaz looks too lightweight and at 21 he's going to need to start beefing up if he's going to trouble the bench.

RB looked mostly fine at the back, though their third came from him failing to deal with their winger. Was good going forward.

Vieira is class. Touch and passing were great, and he knows how to use hid body well. Played the holding role well, but he could so with growing a few inches so that he can deal with big strikers!

Baker looked lively. Was very forward thinking and always looking for a 1-2 to get into the box. Unlucky with a chance in the first half and forced a good save in the second. Still a sub for me.

Clarke was excellent and deserves his plaudits. Just needs to get his head up earlier ad a lot of his good work ended in nothing/a clearance because they'd git bodies into the box. Clearly very confident.

Edmondson wirked hard and was the best physical presence we had. Took his goals well and could see him going on loan to league 1/2 to get some competitive experience.

The rest didn't stand out so much. Roberts looked tidy when he was on and I'm hoping it was always the plan to give him 40mins so he can sub on Sunday...

All in all it was encouraging to see the system at work. We looked decent on the ball and were patient in build up other than 5-10 shaky minutes in the second half.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

weasel wrote:

Still a tricky call with Klich as we have yet to see that he can perform as well v a championship side in a competitive game - until he does that we won't know and until he is given the chance we won't know. Certainly seems that he should be a decent player who should be more than capable of playing at this level but still has everything to prove and the question is will he be given the chance.
The problem remains that he actually needs to be chosen before he can prove himself - last season apart from Cardiff he wasn't. He has skill, height and tenacity, and needs a more lengthy selection, but whether Bielsa will give him it remains to be seen.