Jack Clarke- Get Your Boots On

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Re: Jack Clarke

Post by dezzy »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:35 pm You have more faith in him then me :(

Anyone who touts Brighton as a Successful example of how to run a club and get promoted needs to do more research.

They were successful yes, but not an example of a club run cheaply.

They made a £20mil loss in the 2 seasons leading up to there promtion through transfers alone.

£75.2 million loss total from 14-15 to 16-17 season.

They were not profitable and selling there u21 stars for £6mil!!!!!!

Anyways i hope your right, i feel better now :)
Phil Hay has said they are working on a keeper this week, I would imagine it’s close if he’s mentioning it, he seems to get info as we are close, hopefully he’ll have a name for us soon and announced Monday? Can’t see them announcing a keeper the day of a big game, wouldn’t be good for BPF all the excitement over Hart coming in :shock: :)
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:08 pm Swansea fans views on Jack

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/ ... -leeds/#14
Good read, shows how lucky we are to have him, as for going to a top 4 club, I really hope Ian Harte isn’t like all the other agents, being a ex-pro May allow for some actual advice that will help Jack improve as a player rather than solely focus on the money.
He has the world at his feet, but physically he’s a long way to go, which is scary, when you think how good he could become.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I saw a lot of non Leeds fans on Twitter saying we should sell him to a top 6 team and get him back on loan for the rest of the season. Why on earth would we be stupid enough to do that? If we go up, his value will sky rocket and he'll actually get game time, not 5 mins off the bench or Carabao Cup games.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

SG90 wrote:I saw a lot of non Leeds fans on Twitter saying we should sell him to a top 6 team and get him back on loan for the rest of the season. Why on earth would we be stupid enough to do that? If we go up, his value will sky rocket and he'll actually get game time, not 5 mins off the bench or Carabao Cup games.
I hope AR sees it this way as well. There must be thoughts in his head about being in the PL next season and Jack can save him multi millions .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

gessa

Post by gessa »

We need to be keeping our assets not selling them
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

gessa wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:31 pm We need to be keeping our assets not selling them
Unfortunately it's not up to us. :cry: I just hope Radz sees sense rather than £ signs.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:22 pm I hope AR sees it this way as well. There must be thoughts in his head about being in the PL next season and Jack can save him multi millions .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Indeed it would BG, we could be talking a £30m to £50m player playing in the prem for Leeds who cost us nothing.

Would be ludicrous to sell Clarke
gessa

Post by gessa »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:36 pm Unfortunately it's not up to us. :cry: I just hope Radz sees sense rather than £ signs.
He'll not go this window, as Radz ambition is to get us to the Prem then sell up, if we don't get there then a sale could well go ahead come the summer.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Ian Harte said how excited he was to see his old mate Michael Bridges at the Norwich game.

Fan asked about whether Jack would still be with us.
That cheered me up :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Not great from Jack today.

But he only touched the ball 17 times, if he doesnt have the ball kind of hard to make a difference.

Lot of credit in the bank for Jack, he will need a lot more poor games for me to start really criticising him.
Signed

King Cjay

YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Made a much bigger impact from the bench, much tougher starting every week, but the lad has a lot of talent.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:49 pm Made a much bigger impact from the bench, much tougher starting every week, but the lad has a lot of talent.
i agree.
the kid still learning his trade.
however id start him against norwich just think he might have that extra more room to deliver at elland road than he has recently in our away games. .
beeeje
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by beeeje »

I really want Clarke to stay with for at least 2- 3 years. I think this boy is pretty good.As far as i was watching on TV, i can tell that he has really nice agillity,technique and finishing.And really want to see him in PL playing for us and then he can do whatever he like
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

So thats the end of that, good lad Ian, if Jack goes now Harte looks like a twit, so the only way Jack leaves is if the club push him out the door.

Good man Ian :)
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

2 ways of looking at that. 1) he isn't going anywhere and not being sold 2) He is being sold but will be staying here till the end of the season to try to help us get promoted.

Would seriously hope though that he isn't being sold as it would be incredibly stupid short termism.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... n-at-leeds
Safe to say secrets out of the bag.

Got to start vs Norwich.

Open game they wont sit back and defend, give him the chance to be the hero again.
Signed

King Cjay

Jay
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Jay »

Leeds' greatest teams have always had a lot of homegrown, young talent in them... (Revie, Wilkinson, O'Leary...) Im really hoping that this is the dawn of another great team and for me, its imperative that Leeds keep players like Clarke and Shackleton and continue to develop them. Wouldnt it be nice to hear "Clarke! 1-0" again at Wembley in 2022? 50 years on from that famous cup final ... okay im dreaming a bit now and getting ahead of myself, but really, to keep our best players.. Leeds MUST earn promotion this season! Im almost certain Clarke will leave if promotion isnt achieved, but with that said, I truly believe this team is the real deal and this is the season! MOT
gessa

Post by gessa »

Jay wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:11 pm Leeds' greatest teams have always had a lot of homegrown, young talent in them... (Revie, Wilkinson, O'Leary...) Im really hoping that this is the dawn of another great team and for me, its imperative that Leeds keep players like Clarke and Shackleton and continue to develop them. Wouldnt it be nice to hear "Clarke! 1-0" again at Wembley in 2022? 50 years on from that famous cup final ... okay im dreaming a bit now and getting ahead of myself, but really, to keep our best players.. Leeds MUST earn promotion this season! Im almost certain Clarke will leave if promotion isnt achieved, but with that said, I truly believe this team is the real deal and this is the season! MOT
Welcome back, I remember you from whem i first started posting.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

ditto
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"