Leeds United Under-23's thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds United Under-23's thread

Post by SG90 »

Well done to the team, all the staff and Corberan. Very well deserved and no surprise either. They have been in blistering form since January 2018. I remember all stick and usual xenophobia aimed at Corberan when they were struggling in the first half of last season, it just goes to show what happens when you allow them to build rather than making knee jerk reactions.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Corberan next first team manager, Mark Jackson promoted to u23s, Pablo u18s manager.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

SG90 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:22 pm Well done to the team, all the staff and Corberan. Very well deserved and no surprise either. They have been in blistering form since January 2018. I remember all stick and usual xenophobia aimed at Corberan when they were struggling in the first half of last season, it just goes to show what happens when you allow them to build rather than making knee jerk reactions.
Ditto they have been brilliant and quite a few will be breaking into the first team soon All Leeds Aren’t We
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

A magnificent achievement :supbo:

Well done young lads :gold:

Now for the first team to follow your footsteps :scar1
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

These lads have a great future
These lads have a great future
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Fantastic stuff, well done Leeds
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Burnley cup game is on Friday, so they will be without Clarke, Brown and Shack for that, but the Polish Messi will be back.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Have to give massive credit to Radz/Orta bringing these kids in, the future looks bright

• Mateusz Bogusz (Poland) -17yo wonderkid
  • Sam Dalby (Leytonstone) - out on loan at Morcambe since Xmas, great talent.
  • Leif Davies (Newcastle) - already played in the first team
  • Hugo Diaz (La Corunia) - Showing his talent as a CB schemer
  • Jay Roy Grot (Holland) - may come back for us fans to eat our words
  • Aapo Halme (Finland) - prodigious talent with a huge future played in the first team
  • Kamil Miazek (Poland) - talented keeper who has a bright future
  • Oriol Rey (Barcelona) - young talent who runs midfield and big future. Out on loan but will be back
  • Jordan Stevens (Gloucester) - Unplayable at times and super talented, could be the next youngster to make a first team debut
  • Pascal Struijk (Ajax) - A solid gifted young CB who is now shining in the U23s
  • Kun Temenuzhon (Bulgaria) - a unit up front who scores goals and bullies defenders.
  • Niklaus Haugland (Norway) - 17yo wonderkid who scores for fun
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:06 am Have to give massive credit to Radz/Orta bringing these kids in, the future looks bright

• Mateusz Bogusz (Poland) -17yo wonderkid
  • Sam Dalby (Leytonstone) - out on loan at Morcambe since Xmas, great talent.
  • Leif Davies (Newcastle) - already played in the first team
  • Hugo Diaz (La Corunia) - Showing his talent as a CB schemer
  • Jay Roy Grot (Holland) - may come back for us fans to eat our words
  • Aapo Halme (Finland) - prodigious talent with a huge future played in the first team
  • Kamil Miazek (Poland) - talented keeper who has a bright future
  • Oriol Rey (Barcelona) - young talent who runs midfield and big future. Out on loan but will be back
  • Jordan Stevens (Gloucester) - Unplayable at times and super talented, could be the next youngster to make a first team debut
  • Pascal Struijk (Ajax) - A solid gifted young CB who is now shining in the U23s
  • Kun Temenuzhon (Bulgaria) - a unit up front who scores goals and bullies defenders.
  • Niklaus Haugland (Norway) - 17yo wonderkid who scores for fun
They also signed Ryan Edmondson from York City.

Stevens made his debut against Stoke, played 15 mins.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:12 am They also signed Ryan Edmondson from York City.

Stevens made his debut against Stoke, played 15 mins.
I thought Ryan had come through our academy, didn't know we signed him from York,
Edmondson already had first team experience too of course

Also forgot Stevens came on as a sub, memory fading :lol:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Bryce Hossanah from Palace, he looks like a class act at RWB
Remember signing Gotts from somewhere but can't find that ..still had to be found and bought in

Then there's

Clarke Oduor who looks a class to good for the U23's, Callum Nicell who looks a prospect, Alfie MacCalmont ...ditto ...all sourced and bought here by Rads

Shack/Clarke

About 15 to 20 players close to first team ability...and maybe half dozen more the tier down

Irrespective of promotion this season this football club is in the best condition it's probably been since the Revie era
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:07 pm Bryce Hossanah from Palace, he looks like a class act at RWB
Remember signing Gotts from somewhere but can't find that ..still had to be found and bought in

Then there's

Clarke Oduor who looks a class to good for the U23's, Callum Nicell who looks a prospect, Alfie MacCalmont ...ditto ...all sourced and bought here by Rads

Shack/Clarke

About 15 to 20 players close to first team ability...and maybe half dozen more the tier down

Irrespective of promotion this season this football club is in the best condition it's probably been since the Revie era
Gotts, Oduor, McCalmont, Nicell, Clarke and Shack are all from our academy, they weren't purchased.

We have also signed 16-year-old Stuart McKinstry from Motherwell for next season, so they're not slowing up on looking for talent.

I just worry that we'll lose a few as they won't all get games and we have too many talented players. Pearce, O'Connor, Wilks, Shaughnessy are all to come back as well.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Still Rads acquisitions, remember Gotts signing for us last year
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:14 pm Still Rads acquisitions, remember Gotts signing for us last year
I think you might be confusing him with Davis, who signed from Morecambe last summer. Gotts is from Harrogate and came up through the academy.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Apparently we have got the best crop of U16's that we have ever had.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

IF we don't get promoted this season, I wonder if there is enough talent to tempt MB to stay.
hector

Post by hector »

I don't believe that MB expected to get promoted this season, I think he came here with this season to see what he has, and what is possible, and next season was his aim to be promoted.
This season has just turned out to be better than most of us thought it would be, and I think MB may have the same opinion.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Having watched the U23's for the first time last night I have to say I particularly impressed with Hosannah, Stevens and Diaz.
No-one played badly but those three stood out for me.
Stevens only played 45 minutes so maybe he is in the squad for Millwall?
Jack Clarke looked a class apart when he came on.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

hector wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:00 pm I don't believe that MB expected to get promoted this season, I think he came here with this season to see what he has, and what is possible, and next season was his aim to be promoted.
This season has just turned out to be better than most of us thought it would be, and I think MB may have the same opinion.
I agree completely. I think this was the test season in which he'd make a proper analysis of what he'd need going forward. I'm certain that between the first team's improved, nay unrecognisable performance and the youth potential he'll be more than happy with what he's seen. Though well paid - as well he should be - I'm certain Bielsa is not in it for the money.

Looking at his career so far, I'm convinced MB has been looking for the right club to build a project and a lasting legacy, and should it be us we must feel honoured and grateful. Judging by the U23 performances I've watched this season, they've simply been a class apart and with the close synergy between academy and senior team Bielsa has enforced they've utterly toyed with the opposition this season. The best part? Those talented youngsters will slot right into the first team when needed.

The future is bright, promotion or no.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

hector wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:00 pm I don't believe that MB expected to get promoted this season, I think he came here with this season to see what he has, and what is possible, and next season was his aim to be promoted.
Would agree and would also be expecting MB to be promoting from within with these youngsters not only playing well but having had a year of playing the Bielsa way. It is also likely that these youth player would find it easier, to some degree, to play in the first team as they will be given all the info on the opposition player they will face - I doubt they will have been able to receive as much detailed info in the U23s as likely there would be more guesswork involved as to who they are playing and also less information as those players wouldn't have played as much as players in the championship.

What Orta has done with the recruitment is to be able to mix the talent we had coming through with players brought in. Our players would have struggled if they had poor players around them.