Birmingham City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline: Birmingham City v Leeds Utd

Poll ended at Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:25 am

0-0
No votes
1-1
15%
2-2
15%
3-3 or higher
No votes
1-0
No votes
2-0
8%
2-1
8%
3-1
No votes
3-2
No votes
0-1
No votes
0-2
15%
1-2
8%
1-3
23%
2-3
8%

Total votes: 13

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Birmingham City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by HarryofOz »

Inept second half performance.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1-0 full time.

what do you say to that.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:53 pm i think we have got worse since the changes, created nothing
Agreed. MB made an error there, we were actually looking like forcing an equaliser. He should have waited.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Playoffs

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Dogshit.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I honestly think that we are not an automatic promotion team. We have had too many games like today's. We should be walloping teams like Birmingham, QPR etc....very poor, very disappointing
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

So depressed right now....why oh why do we keep losing to these piss poor sides?
Out of our hands once again.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
SelmaBamaMan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by SelmaBamaMan »

93rd minute stats
B.C LU
possession: 27 to 73
shots 9 to 9
on target 6 to 1
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

That was worryingly easy for Birmingham, some good saves by Kiko kept the score down. Surely we must start playing like a top 3 team soon !!!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:58 pm Agreed. MB made an error there, we were actually looking like forcing an equaliser. He should have waited.
Agreed.

Or he should have taken others off.

Roberts wasnt doing much, Bamford was missing but getting in the right areas.

Klich was probably our best outfield player.

MB made a boob but the team let us all down today, again
Signed

King Cjay

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:58 pm 1-0 full time.

what do you say to that.
We would have played all night and still not found a way through.

That was a worse performance than QPR.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:59 pm Playoffs

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
I am now resigned to that BG :( we just can't get the momentum going in continuous games...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:59 pm I honestly think that we are not an automatic promotion team. We have had too many games like today's. We should be walloping teams like Birmingham, QPR etc....very poor, very disappointing
Still maintain at our best we are the best team, think those 6 games where Bamford, Hernandez and Roofe were all out will turn out to be crucial.

But as you say, we keep losing to teams in awful form.

Birmingham, Stoke, QPR.

We lost at home to our two automatic rivals, cant just keep bottling games like that or not having the quality or whatever. :(
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:00 pm We would have played all night and still not found a way through.

That was a worse performance than QPR.
Yeah :(
Signed

King Cjay

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:59 pm I honestly think that we are not an automatic promotion team. We have had too many games like today's. We should be walloping teams like Birmingham, QPR etc....very poor, very disappointing

Agreed.

Though on a positive we know we have beaten WBA, Derby and Villa this season.

Time for a reality check.

I have been looking at flights to London for the playoff final. I wonder what the chances are of getting a ticket. How many would Leeds get in their allocation?
'
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Poor showing.
Bamford misses 3 chances that would have won this game for us.
Fair play to Brum, they defended well and Adams took his chance.
We were very sloppy with the ball, looked lethargic, hopeless set-pieces and most of the crossing was dreadful.
Bad game to lose, as SU won't mind a physical battle against this lot and will probably beat them.
Still not over, but we didn't show anything near enough for me today.
No fight, SU would've matched these physically and will on Tuesday.
I'm very pissed off as we've given blunts the advantage without putting up a fight.
Defo need a drink toight, or 50 :rant:
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

But we are only a point behind Sheffield Utd so the same could be said of them, and West Brom who also lost today and are behind us.

First place is gone no doubt, but automatic promotion is not.

In the end it doesn't matter how good or bad you are, it's how good or bad you are relative to your opponents.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think we are but injuries at the wrong time de-rail us for a game or two. MB though has made errors with the Subs. Dallas will seldom add anything different, he's back up quality for us. Nice to have but not and off the bench player. I'll say it again neither is Roofe, he has to start or not play at all.

What has happened to Clarke and at what point do you say enough's enough. His confidence has gone and he lost the ball 7 times today as he tried to take on the defender. Shackleton who just looks like a better version of Clarke currently rots on the vine

MB doesn't seem to have gone into end of season mode, he's still playing a waiting game trying and hoping players regain form and fitness, which worked with Ayling but it took 10 games at least.

Alio and Kalvin are not defenders and my nightmare is a playoff loss to a pen conceded by Alio as he's falls to floor and kicks a player to the ground. Defenders have to stay on their feet it's basic technique. Alio defends like Weidwald kept goal for us.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:02 pm Still maintain at our best we are the best team, think those 6 games where Bamford, Hernandez and Roofe were all out will turn out to be crucial.

But as you say, we keep losing to teams in awful form.

Birmingham, Stoke, QPR.

We lost at home to our two automatic rivals, cant just keep bottling games like that or not having the quality or whatever. :(
I agree Cjay that we are the best team in this division, by quite a bit.
But we have failed to take chances in every match and have a terrible conversion rate.
Then in matches against poor teams like Brum, Hull, QPR, Forest, Stoke we just don't look up for it - that worries me a lot if we end up in the paly-offs as any shows like this will be severly punished.
I thought against norwich and Blunts we had some bad luck, but both showed more bottle and resolve - again worrying.
Still not over, but I just feel completely deflated and felt negative for the full 90, whereas I'm usually very positive that we can always win.
Sigh, looks like SU need to slip up now or we're gonna have to do it the hard way.
to get up we need to show bottle and fight, sorry, but I didn't see that today and I also didn't see it against QPR.
If we don't go up it'll be our own fault.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:04 pm Agreed.

Though on a positive we know we have beaten WBA, Derby and Villa this season.

Time for a reality check.

I have been looking at flights to London for the playoff final. I wonder what the chances are of getting a ticket. How many would Leeds get in their allocation?
Counts for nothing in the playoffs. In fact law of averages will be against us
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"