The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 12th Apr)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 12th Apr)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Noel Whelan has insisted that Pawel Cibicki, Caleb Ekuban, Laurens De Bock, Jay-Roy Grot, Yosuke Ideguchi, Vurnon Anita and Ouasim Buoy have no future at Elland Road!

“In my eyes, no, because they’re not good enough. It’s as simple as that. If they were good enough, they’d have stayed but from what I’ve seen last season, they’ve been brought into the club to do a job and they just can’t do it.

“They can’t adapt, they’re not talented enough so they’ve gone out on loan and it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest if they were loaned out again or sold in the summer because the manager’s obviously seen something that is not required, he’s kept a very small squad, and he’s brought in players from the under-23s rather than the players who were brought in last season.

“If we can get them offloaded, off the books, off the payroll, I’d be doing that straight away.”

Do you agree?

Who would you add to that list?

Which under 23's would you promote to the first team in the Summer?

Remember, Bielsa wants to keep a trim squad - any player you promote needs game time!

Which U23 players would you let go?

Pablo Hernandez is 34 years old today.

Who would reward the Birthday boy with a new contract?
rab_rant

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 12th Apr)

Post by rab_rant »

I liked Caleb for his speed... and he seems to be doing well with his new team.
Perhaps Bielsa could have turned him around and made him a team player, but
Roberts seems to be fitting that role perfectly.

Jay was a big unit and I loved him for that shoulder charge that sent the opposition
player flying over the stands and into the directors box. Young boy at 19 and still
has potential.

Some interesting stats.

Over the course of this league campaign, Leeds have conceded an average of 1.02 goals per 90 minutes.

However, over the last eight league matches, that average has dropped to 0.63, which is 38.1% lower than their current season's average.

In terms of goals scored in the same period, they have averaged 1.63 per 90 minutes - that is only a slight reduction on their season average of 1.66.

As a result there was a small reduction in their average points per 90 minutes from 1.93 to 1.88, but this shouldn’t be particularly concerning.

So burnout be damned.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Morning All,

Noel Whelan is probably right in this instance.
Caleb Ekuban looked useful when he first got into the side but was never the same after his injury and he lost all confidence after he missed a couple of chances. Things could have been so different had he scored a couple of goals.

A lot will depend on what league we are in next season with regard to the U23's.
There's probably at least 6 who are good enough for the Championship right now but whether they could step straight from U23 football into the Premier League is a different matter.
Shackleton, Clarke, Stevens, Dalby, Edmondson, Davis, Halme, Odour and Bogusz are all players who we could see in the first team next season.
The goalkeeper Miazek looked good when I saw him the other week at Colchester (more assured than BPF if I'm honest).
From what I saw I don't think I would release any of them in the summer.

I think Pablo is good for another two years and his contract should reflect that.

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

Remember, Bielsa wants to keep a trim squad

Anyone else remember at the beginning of the season all the pundits saying that a big squad was required to play Bielsa style football as fatigue would kick in in the 2nd half of the season,
Not seen any fatigue, only injuries keeping players out . 👍👍
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

get rid along with that useless fucker sacko . . what was orta thinking of !!!
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

AND the loan players

I know Harrison plays but is he actually better then Shackleton?

No
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains