Leeds Utd v Wigan Athletic Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline : Leeds Utd v Wigan Athletic

Poll ended at Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:56 pm

0-0
No votes
1-1
No votes
2-2
No votes
3-3 or higher
No votes
1-0
No votes
2-0
50%
2-1
No votes
3-1
30%
3-2
No votes
0-1
10%
0-2
No votes
1-2
10%
1-3
No votes
2-3
No votes

Total votes: 10

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Wigan Athletic Match Thread

Post by SG90 »

I'm going to go and put £20 on the blunts getting promotion as I'm crap at betting and will probably lose.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:59 pm I'll probably get shot down for this, but now is the time to give Brown a run out. We're paying silly money for a reason. We could do with his drive and pace to run at teams.
Or Shackleton, Boguzs, etc.

Shack must have a million splinters in his backside.

But MB will just play the same side anyway.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

White Riot wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:07 pm Or Shackleton, Boguzs, etc.

Unfortunately the u23 semi final is on Tuesday, so none of them will feature.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Now we move on to Brentford live on sky and I dare say their 'pundits' will take great pleasure in laying into Leeds should it not go well. Really not looking forward to it now.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:59 pm Grim indeed Leon! What an absolute shambles :x
Hope you get out of the traffic jam and soon home.
Hope everyone is ok at the accident scene. I await your report later
On the move now. Looked like a white car had either jumped or hit the barrier & ended up in the middle lane
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

White Riot wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:07 pm Or Shackleton, Boguzs, etc.

Our strength all season could be our downfall...once again I was baffled by the subs and I reckon the players struggle with it too.."where am I playing? "
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

If we actually went up via playoffs, don't get me wrong it would be better than coming second, but I can't see us winning them. The team I'd most want to avoid is Boro.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

BGwhite wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:11 pm Now we move on to Brentford live on sky and I dare say their 'pundits' will take great pleasure in laying into Leeds should it not go well. Really not looking forward to it now.

Keith Andrews is already practising his smug "I told you so" grin in the mirror.
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

Not ready to despair on promotion- still too many possibilities for it to occur remain, even if today's outcome clouds the easy and obvious ones. This season has twisted and turned so many times I won't be at all surprised if we are up and down and up again before it's all over...
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Honestly, I still cannot believe we bottled it today.

They have one sent off and give us a penalty, which we missed, and we still can't beat the 10 men of a side that could easily still go down??

This is the same side, us, that ran WBA ragged.

We must be mentally fragile.

We had to win at all costs today, were given it on a plate, in front of a packed Elland Road and still blew it ???
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

onemoreslogan wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:18 pm Not ready to despair on promotion- still too many possibilities for it to occur remain, even if today's outcome clouds the easy and obvious ones. This season has twisted and turned so many times I won't be at all surprised if we are up and down and up again before it's all over...
True enough, we were here after Birmingham and picked things back up. Not many games to do that in now though. Hopefully, since the Blunts haven't proven any more capable of handling the pressure of second, it'll just so happen to swing our way again by final match day. Would be nice to just make it easy on ourselves but I suppose that ain't the Leeds way.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

White Riot wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:23 pm Honestly, I still cannot believe we bottled it today.

They have one sent off and give us a penalty, which we missed, and we still can't beat the 10 men of a side that could easily still go down??

This is the same side, us, that ran WBA ragged.

We must be mentally fragile.

We had to win at all costs today, were given it on a plate, in front of a packed Elland Road and still blew it ???
Tells me they couldn't handle the pressure of the playoffs either.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Just thought the tide would change for us for once. All those late goals to gain wins when we'd have comfortably lost in previous seasons, winning against Millwall while behind twice, being top at Christmas. Not sure what it will take to gain promotion.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

f**king shambolic. pathetic, frustrating performance. no other words for it.
seriously lack of quality today .
again some strange substitutions and far to soon in my book.
ayling the only one worthy of a mention struggling with the rest.
absolutely gutted.
down but not out.
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

As stumbles go this one was slapstick of historic proportions- only Leeds could blow it at home to a Wigan side down a man for 75 minutes.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

I'm really pleased I missed this shambles today.

I'm gutted enough.

Hopefully the blunts bottle it again and we can sneak past them.

I was planning that we'd be 6 points ahead of them today and sitting with a glass of whisky cheering SW on against Norwich late, I had this wild fantasy we could evn win the title - but that's out of the window.

Maybe MB is stubborn and makes some daft subs, but these players that he's shown amazing loyalty to have let him and us down terribly today.

Credit to MB he still had the nuts to stand up and say its all his fault - not those bottlers that wore our shirts this afternoon.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

This Leeds side has many of the attributes to go forward , but the main one that they lack is that they don't possess the physical means of man to man and show how to brush off big defensive midfielders nor battle hardened centre backs. Quality is there for all to see but when you need to mix it and bludgeon a team we totally lack .
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

paddy parrott wrote:This Leeds side has many of the attributes to go forward , but the main one that they lack is that they don't possess the physical means of man to man and show how to brush off big defensive midfielders nor battle hardened centre backs. Quality is there for all to see but when you need to mix it and bludgeon a team we totally lack .
Said the same all season. On far too many occasions we get out-muscled and bullied because our players aren't beefy enough . I just hope that the summer brings us some physical presence .

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

BGwhite wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:57 pm Said the same all season. On far too many occasions we get out-muscled and bullied because our players aren't beefy enough . I just hope that the summer brings us some physical presence .

Yup, for all the good football we play, you still need a bit of ugliness and rough and tumble to get out of this league.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Credit to Wigan, even with 10 men they made us look so vulnerable at the back and took their chances well. Having supported and watched Leeds for 50 plus years I have seen us blow up so many times that its almost become inevitable. I sometimes secretly wish I supported a team like say Preston where there is only ever hope of a mid table finish with maybe a good run now and then. The hope associated with Leeds is draining to say the least and with that hope usually comes despair ! This squad have performed remarkably for the bulk of the season and full credit to them and Bielsa but that performance today is totally inexplicable, I now fear another few seasons where we are :cry: