FA Cup 5th Round Draw

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
gessa

Re: FA Cup 3rd round draw

Post by gessa »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:41 pm We had better be out by the fifth round. I have been waiting for my trip to ER for more than 45 years. If that Huddersfield game does not go off as planned my thousands of dollars of expenses - including the 150 quid I spent on the hospitality ticket - will have been for nothing.
If we're still in it, we'll get Liverpool, Manure or Chelsea at home, just for you John.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:41 pm We had better be out by the fifth round. I have been waiting for my trip to ER for more than 45 years. If that Huddersfield game does not go off as planned my thousands of dollars of expenses - including the 150 quid I spent on the hospitality ticket - will have been for nothing.
Sorry for giving you that anxiety John.

By my reckoning the 5th round is played Midweek Wednesday March 4th. So it is possible that there would be a Saturday game regardless. But you know what can happen with TV scheduling...

Let's hope all goes as planned you promised me a pint :)
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:01 pm Sorry for giving you that anxiety John.

By my reckoning the 5th round is played Midweek Wednesday March 4th. So it is possible that there would be a Saturday game regardless. But you know what can happen with TV scheduling...

Let's hope all goes as planned you promised me a pint :)
I promised you more than one; a promise I will fulfill regardless of whether there's a game.

In fact, particularly if there's no game.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

John in Louisiana wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:05 am I promised you more than one; a promise I will fulfill regardless of whether there's a game.

In fact, particularly if there's no game.
Looking forward to it already John.

We are on the 9pm flight home so those beers will probably have to come pre match.

Then we can carry you to your posh executive box :lol:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lets hope it doesn't come to that John

The last time we reached the 5th round when Warnock was our boss in 2013 I think, we knocked out Spurs (his & Reg Varney's moment of glory at Leeds) consequently thumped by Man City in the 5th round. Warnock played his first team that season as he nothing to play for where as Bielsa has bigger fish to fry so I can't see us reaching the 5th round

Hope my thoughts are right for your sake John
gessa

Post by gessa »

So it's away to Arsenal
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Fantastic draw for us, was convinced we were going away to Solihull :lol:
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Was secretly hoping for Norwich away.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Had a feeling we'd get top 6 away. I should be able to make that. Nketiah won't be allowed to play if still here I presume.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Chelsea was my hope but mainly just wanted a top premier league team, arsenal just about fit the bill so all good.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Great draw, high profile game for us.

Always a chance of an upset, will surely be on telly.

If we lose, at least we can say we lost to one of the leading teams in the country rather than a fellow Championship team or worse.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Fancy us tbh. They're in disarray and will put out a weak side. Like Bielsa facing a PL team too.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

SG90 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:28 pm Fancy us tbh. They're in disarray and will put out a weak side. Like Bielsa facing a PL team too.
Not sure they’ll put out a weak side - best chance of a trophy.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Shame its not at home, hope they give leeds 7000

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

SG90 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:27 pm Had a feeling we'd get top 6 away. I should be able to make that. Nketiah won't be allowed to play if still here I presume.
He'll be back at Arsenal, will start and score!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:31 pm Not sure they’ll put out a weak side - best chance of a trophy.
They want 4th and they might win Europa League.

We will rest several players, which is a shame, but it's our only chance of rotation after a busy Christmas.
Last edited by SG90 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Likely to be televised.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

BGwhite wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:35 pm Shame its not at home, hope they give leeds 7000

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Our last 7 ties have been away. So unfair.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Good tie for us - even if we lose we get decent money. Much better than losing to a lower side.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

BobHirst wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:36 pm He'll be back at Arsenal, will start and score!
Most likely!