Golf Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:42 pm Do you know what a 'sister-in-law' shot is Kenny?
Should do, i once shanked one and ended up about 8 inch up flags arse, right up there, but it shouldn't be.

Kin ugly, but a good runner as Jay said.

I've hit a few Gerry Adams and a couple of son in laws.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2022-07-18 06.57.02.png

The Open final leaderboard

-20 C Smith (Aus); -19 C Young (US); -18 R McIlroy (NI); -14 V Hovland (Nor), T Fleetwood (Eng); -13 B Harman (US), D Johnson (US)

Selected: -12 DeChambeau (US), J Spieth (US); -11 T Hatton (Eng); -10 X Schauffele (US), A Scott (Aus), F Molinari (Ita); -9 M Fitzpatrick (Eng), S Lowry (Ire), S Scheffler (US); -7 R MacIntyre (Sco), L Westwood (Eng)

Cameron Smith stunned St Andrews by snatching the 150th Open Championship title by one stroke from Cameron Young, as Rory McIlroy finished third.

It is a first major for the Australian, who carded a magnificent bogey-free eight-under-par 64, that featured five successive birdies from the 10th, to win on 20 under par.

The 28-year-old had to roll in a three-foot birdie putt at the last to avoid a play-off with American Young, who had seconds earlier eagled the par-four hole to post a 65 and reach 19 under.

Four-time major winner McIlroy, who led overnight by four shots alongside Viktor Hovland, closed with a two-under 70 to finish third, while Hovland shot a 74 to slip to 14 under and joint fourth place with England's Tommy Fleetwood, who closed with a bogey-free 67.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I start a Golf Thread for you golfers & none of you use it :shock:
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Golf Thread : Cameron Smith wins THE OPEN

Post by Chilli D »

Gutted for Rory but he just couldn't get a putt to drop on Sunday whereas Smith was holing putts from everywhere.
When he was two clear with only nine holes to play I honestly thought he would do it.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

:shock: Henrik Stenson, Ryder Cup Captain joins LIV golf, don't think he will be Captain much longer. There is a thought that Cam Smith will join LIV after the Presidents Cup :rant:
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:04 am I start a Golf Thread for you golfers & none of you use it :shock:
I am a massive golf fan and player, no good mind. I will use the golf thread now that I found it :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Tighthead wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:55 am I am a massive golf fan and player, no good mind. I will use the golf thread now that I found it :)
Good man :tup:
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Tighthead wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:55 am I am a massive golf fan and player, no good mind. I will use the golf thread now that I found it :)
I am as well Tighthead, so is Jaydog.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Cam Smith wins by a country mile if he'd showed up on Saturday. Just shows drive for show putt for dough is still relevant. Rory still a decent outing in all the majors...
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:02 am I am as well Tighthead, so is Jaydog.
Good to hear
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:04 am Cam Smith wins by a country mile if he'd showed up on Saturday. Just shows drive for show putt for dough is still relevant. Rory still a decent outing in all the majors...
Same could be said for Rory, putting wise on Sunday. Would have been Titanic.
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

:) Top ten in all Majors this year.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:02 am I am as well Tighthead, so is Jaydog.
I'll do my best to ensure this thread is on the first page of the Leeds United Chat for future major golf tournaments.
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:52 am I'll do my best to ensure this thread is on the first page of the Leeds United Chat for future major golf tournaments.
Thank you :)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Won a few quid on Smith but I would have preferred Rory to win at the home of golf. The best putter from inside 10 feet since Tiger in his pomp. Never looks like missing unlike Rory.
In a world full of arrogant overpaid greedy sportsman (especially LIV golfers) I still think Rory is the nicest most humble of the lot. Hopefully he’ll win the Masters in April. Long time between drinks for Major golf fans isn’t it. Still we have the FedEx bunfight so the poorly paid PGA boys can get a few more quids in their pockets :)
Last edited by Jaydog on Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:56 am Won a few quid on Smith but I would have preferred Rory to win at the home of golf. The best putter from inside 10 feet since Tiger in his pomp. Never looks like missing unlike Rory.
:verysad:
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Mcilroy won't be showing the trophy round mould trafford this season.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:13 am Mcilroy won't be showing the trophy round mould trafford this season.
Is he a scum fan?
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:16 am Is he a scum fan?
Yep
Last time he won he could'nt wait to show it off before the game.
Used to like Mcilroy till he did that little stunt, although I like golf a lot, and I prefer to keep football to football, and golf to golf, I wasn't sad to see him lose yesterday.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:27 am Yep
Last time he won he could'nt wait to show it off before the game.
Used to like Mcilroy till he did that little stunt, although I like golf a lot, and I prefer to keep football to football, and golf to golf, I wasn't sad to see him lose yesterday.
Bit harsh MC. If he’s a fan then where’s he likely to parade his Claret Jug.
Everyone seemed happy that Billy Foster was a Leeds fan, what if he paraded the US Open trophy at ER.
He’s a nice bloke and I don’t care who he supports. Like you say keep them separate is best