General Chat

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: General Chat

Post by Barlow Boy »

Sara wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:14 pm So sorry to hear that you've lost your canine friend. Such a sad time... wishing you the best of memories in the years to come though... always present in the heart.
Thank you Sara, much appreciated, it’s a huge gaping hole in our lives at the moment but it’s still incredibly raw.

We are missing those dog friendly pubs already 😢😢😢
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Condolences BB at this very sad time
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Barlow Boy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:06 pm Thank you Ash.

I think you know my wife and I lost our baby daughter, so, like you, our dog was the main focus of us both.

It’s very early days for us, but already I’m picking up things here which are helping, including your own thoughts above.

Thank you again mate, your thoughts are much appreciated.
I'm glad the rest of us can be some consolation, BB. Sometimes it just helps to know other people have been where you are and have come out the other side.
In Farke we trust...
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Barlow Boy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:27 am We are missing those dog friendly pubs already 😢😢😢
The great thing about dog friendly pubs is that you get to have a go on other people's dogs. I'm not a dog owner, but I do have a number of doggy friends that I like to meet in the pub.
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

IMG_20240322_094222.jpg
I have heard it said "Happy dog, Happy man"

We looked after our daughter's Russian Balonka called Valo and it would often come for cuddles, I suppose that is why they are called lap dogs. The bond between a man and his dog is hard to explain... but love comes to mind.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Sara wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:18 am The great thing about dog friendly pubs is that you get to have a go on other people's dogs. I'm not a dog owner, but I do have a number of doggy friends that I like to meet in the pub.
We have just returned from coffee with friends & were greeted by Ruby & Poppy firstly in their garden follow by lots of cuddles & strokes in their house, both beautiful golden retrievers.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:27 am Thank you Sara, much appreciated, it’s a huge gaping hole in our lives at the moment but it’s still incredibly raw.

We are missing those dog friendly pubs already 😢😢😢
Such a huge part of your lives Kev, indoors & outdoors :cry:
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

BobHirst wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:41 pm So sorry to hear your news. You will feel better about it in time but right now it really hurts. We have our own dog and we foster dogs as well. We've occasionally had to have a foster dog put to sleep and even though you've only known them a few days, weeks and sometimes months it breaks you up when you have to do it.
Hang in there Kev, enjoy the memories of him and the pain will subside over time.
Thank you Bob, we are doing our best, but it’s incredibly difficult, particularly in the morning and bedtime.

That’s an incredible thing to do, fostering dogs. I volunteered with the Guide Dogs for a while, and I sometimes collected dogs from people who had trained them since puppy stage, and were letting the dogs go on to start working with blind people.

I had nothing but admiration for them, as I do yourself.

Thank you again mate.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Cjay wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:39 pm Very sorry for your loss.

My condolences

Saying goodbye to a beloved pet is one of the hardest things ever.

Sincere condolences
Thanks mate, really appreciated.

I’ve had some difficult times, but Tuesday night was up there that is for sure. I just keep telling myself it was the right thing to do, which it most definitely was and in some way Ozzy will be thanking us for ending his pain.

Thank you again Cjay 👍
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Barlow Boy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:09 pm Thanks mate, really appreciated.

I’ve had some difficult times, but Tuesday night was up there that is for sure. I just keep telling myself it was the right thing to do, which it most definitely was and in some way Ozzy will be thanking us for ending his pain.

Thank you again Cjay 👍
Not sure if it helps Kev but when I saw the vet before we made the difficult decision she said dogs are incredibly brave and tolerate pain very differently to humans which is when I realised and putting 2 & 2 together that he had probably been in pain for some time. I mistook his reaction to pain as cramp when in fact it was a tumour in his paw.
So the fact you acted promptly is always a good thing although it probably doesn’t feel like that atm.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

In Brid, watching a Bowie tribute act the evening. Band very tight, guitarist exceptional 🎸
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Been really tied up with work this week and so have only just read the last couple of days of this thread, Kev.

So, sorry to hear about the loss of your 4 legged family member and best mate :cry: ....I can absolutely appreciate that you're all heartbroken at his passing.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:43 pm Been really tied up with work this week and so have only just read the last couple of days of this thread, Kev.

So, sorry to hear about the loss of your 4 legged family member and best mate :cry: ....I can absolutely appreciate that you're all heartbroken at his passing.
Thank you Mr Cat.

I was talking to a neighbour this morning, who told me about another neighbour in the village has also lost his dog this week.

Not sure what from, but his dog was only 3 years old 😢😢😢
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @FollowMeAndLUFC

Post by Lufcheidi »

Barlow Boy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:46 pm Not been on the forum for a few days, had to say goodbye to my best mate on Tuesday (see avatar picture). He would have been 15 in September, he joined us at 2 years old, and he has been at our side every single day ever since, literally every day, some 4,500 days in total.

Absolutely devastated, but it was time, he had been poorly for a while, we tried everything to turn it around but to no avail and he was starting to feel pain.

When the vet arrived at our home, he went to the vet for a cuddle, went to my wife for a cuddle, then came to me for a cuddle and then laid down so I could stroke his ears as he left us. He knew 💔💔💔.

Thank you to Mr and Mrs 64 for their support over the last few days, very much appreciated.
Sorry to read your news. Thinking of you both.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Lufcheidi wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:28 pm Sorry to read your news. Thinking of you both.
Thank you Heidi 👍
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:03 am V v sad pal, take good care yourself, and consider getting another to focus on asap :dog:
Thanks Kenny, today is the first morning I’ve felt a bit better, been an horrendous week.

The Mrs has already started browsing dog adoption sites, I want a few months off though. Maybe early June/July time I’ll have a look, going to take some replacing that lad though 😢😢😢
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:48 am Thanks Kenny, today is the first morning I’ve felt a bit better, been an horrendous week.

The Mrs has already started browsing dog adoption sites, I want a few months off though. Maybe early June/July time I’ll have a look, going to take some replacing that lad though 😢😢😢
We still feel the same 13 months after Casper's death. :(
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Mrs64 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:55 am We still feel the same 13 months after Casper's death. :(
I know, Leon told me, it’s so sad 😢

As you know we have our lad home now, and it has made me feel better but, obviously, things are not the same. In time I know things will heal, it’s still very raw.

I know you both loved Casper dearly, as we did Ozzy, and I am finding some comfort in that we gave him the best life as you did your boy.
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:08 pm I know, Leon told me, it’s so sad 😢

As you know we have our lad home now, and it has made me feel better but, obviously, things are not the same. In time I know things will heal, it’s still very raw.

I know you both loved Casper dearly, as we did Ozzy, and I am finding some comfort in that we gave him the best life as you did your boy.
We love & will retain the photos of Ozzy you sent to us :love:
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Jasmin Paris becomes the first woman to complete the Barkley marathon race, what an oustanding achievment :clap: :clap:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"