Joe Rodon

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mentalcase

Re: Joe Rodon - IMPRESSIVE ONCE AGAIN!

Post by mentalcase »

I’m sure DF will have already impressed on him how much he would like him permanently, if Joe is on a free next season it’s best all round to wait till then, then up his wages, which I understand to be around £10,000 a week.
The welsh trio are loving life at at Leeds.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:10 pm I’m sure DF will have already impressed on him how much he would like him permanently, if Joe is on a free next season it’s best all round to wait till then, then up his wages, which I understand to be around £10,000 a week.
If he's only on £10k, then he should be demanding £50m player wages from Spurs lol. I can't see him signing a new contract on low wages, if they think he's worth that much.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Putting the price tag to one side, I can’t see Rodon staying if we don’t go up.

His performances won’t have gone unnoticed by the mid table PL teams, and he will have plenty of offers come the summer.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:57 pm He's 26, 27 next season. Short contract. Unproven in the prem and we can't point to potential .. 15M is a reasonable price as the top end price. Happier with 10M
:tup: Totally agree.

I see him on the pitch thoroughly enjoying himself at LUFC, maybe he should do the talking to Levy.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Joe Rodon - Impressive again!

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:30 pm Thank you Kenny boy :tup:

As you mentioned, Byram going off was a factor why we lost our intensity. Firpo who did ok when he came on, however he got caught pushing up the pitch too far, almost playing like a centre-forward when we were 2-0 up, the ball broke he was nowhere to be seen, and he stood with his hands on his hips when they scored their goal, how many times have we seen that scenario with Firpo in the PL, something we don't often witness with Byram, Gray & Shackleton as our full-backs.

The obvious glaring missed goalscoring chances didn't help our cause, particularly Georginio who could have had a hat-trick if he had shown more composure. The rest of Rutter's game all over the pitch is sublime, he is a joy to watch!

Gnonto & Anthony although neat on the ball, haven't got that wow factor pace of Summerville & James which hurts defences.

Still think we were more subdued in the second half, didn't move the ball directly or quick enough plus some sloppy passes going astray.
Well there you go Sid, quite a lot to be admired, and quite a lot to be learned, it's good to see the bigger picture.

I've no doubt if Jimmy and James were coming on with 15mins left they'd struggle to get into the game, especially if the opposition was on the up and throwing caution to the wind :tup:

Can you see now how it's impossible to have it all, Firpo flies forward trying to impress, and he actually looked mega keen and caught the eye.

But what happened to the space he vacated ?

All about timing, and choosing your moments, and getting a feckin sprint on when it all fails, comes in quite handy :tup:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

He will be at Leeds next season along with his Welsh mates. He's wanted, he's happy and we love him. There's no better place for the lad.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Leeds1000 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:33 pm He will be at Leeds next season along with his Welsh mates. He's wanted, he's happy and we love him. There's no better place for the lad.
So true, Rodon and Ampadu alike have surely had enough of being hawked around like pieces of meat, hopefully both have found their spiritual home now.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:46 pm So true, Rodon and Ampadu alike have surely had enough of being hawked around like pieces of meat, hopefully both have found their spiritual home now.
Spot on and because of that playing the best football of their careers.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Leeds1000 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:51 pm Spot on and because of that playing the best football of their careers.
Yea hopefully 🙏 we reward each other with our loyalty for a few years, both are loved by the fans and both appear to love life at Leeds,why risk going elsewhere again.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

I nice little interview with our top defender from the YEP's Graham Smyth:

Source: https://twitter.com/GrahamSmyth/status/ ... 00985.html
In Farke we trust...
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:54 am I nice little interview with our top defender from the YEP's Graham Smyth:

Source: https://twitter.com/GrahamSmyth/status/ ... 00985.html
It is an interesting piece thanks for posting.

He's definitely enjoying it and feels at home, i wonder if he can help us get him.

I think there's only Willy not enjoying himself atm.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:10 pm I’m sure DF will have already impressed on him how much he would like him permanently, if Joe is on a free next season it’s best all round to wait till then, then up his wages, which I understand to be around £10,000 a week.
There's got to be some way we can use these things to our advantage.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Try and control your boner Sidney dear chap, this is a copy n paste :

Joe Rodon has told the Yorkshire Evening Post that Daniel Farke has been “incredible” since the first day the Tottenham Hotspur defender arrived at Leeds United on loan – praising his style of football.

Rodon, 26, has been sensational for Leeds since joining. After three difficult years in which he joined Tottenham in 2020 but struggled to get game time over the next two years, he joined Rennes in 2022.

His form was decent in France but it did not jump off the page. It was clear that Rodon needed a home. Leeds was perfect. Some of his Wales teammates, a footballing side, under a manager Rodon knows.

At least, having played against him in the Championship. Rodon shares just how “incredible” Farke has been in the dugout since the Welsh defender was brought in on loan by The 49ers, in the summer.

“Since the first day I walked through the doors he’s incredible and he made me feel right at home and settle in very quickly, not just the boss but his people as well. I’ve had meetings against the boss.

“I know exactly what style he likes. It suits me down to the ground. The standards he demands every day are exceptional and important. I’m loving every minute of it, long may it continue this whole season.”

Everyone seems to be pulling together. Whether it be players in the starting XI, the management team or even squad players that are struggling to get minutes.

And the likes of Cjay - Please try and realise what DF is trying to build at the club all over, a happy content dressing room means a lot on the pitch, sulky players are known to down tools.

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:52 am Try and control your boner Sidney dear chap, this is a copy n paste :

Joe Rodon has told the Yorkshire Evening Post that Daniel Farke has been “incredible” since the first day the Tottenham Hotspur defender arrived at Leeds United on loan – praising his style of football.

Rodon, 26, has been sensational for Leeds since joining. After three difficult years in which he joined Tottenham in 2020 but struggled to get game time over the next two years, he joined Rennes in 2022.

His form was decent in France but it did not jump off the page. It was clear that Rodon needed a home. Leeds was perfect. Some of his Wales teammates, a footballing side, under a manager Rodon knows.

At least, having played against him in the Championship. Rodon shares just how “incredible” Farke has been in the dugout since the Welsh defender was brought in on loan by The 49ers, in the summer.

“Since the first day I walked through the doors he’s incredible and he made me feel right at home and settle in very quickly, not just the boss but his people as well. I’ve had meetings against the boss.

“I know exactly what style he likes. It suits me down to the ground. The standards he demands every day are exceptional and important. I’m loving every minute of it, long may it continue this whole season.”

Everyone seems to be pulling together. Whether it be players in the starting XI, the management team or even squad players that are struggling to get minutes.

And the likes of Cjay - Please try and realise what DF is trying to build at the club all over, a happy content dressing room means a lot on the pitch, sulky players are known to down tools.
My bone of contention is proving me correct Kenny boy :P

The facts don't lie!

Rodon's relationship with Farke may be the tipping point why he moves to ER permanently next summer :-D
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Joe having a Pontus moment with our fans, love it. :love:

AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

TEAMTALK reporting today that Spurs are definitely open to a permanent move for Joe and that the new asking price is £20 mil.

Source: https://www.teamtalk.com/news/massive-t ... -to-switch
In Farke we trust...
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:39 pm TEAMTALK reporting today that Spurs are definitely open to a permanent move for Joe and that the new asking price is £20 mil.

That’s probably because his contract expires and he can walk for nothing, he ought to tell them to get stretched, if they rated him, they’d have have laked him, come to us on a free Joe, there’s a good lad :tup:
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

mentalcase wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:48 pm That’s probably because his contract expires and he can walk for nothing, he ought to tell them to get stretched, if they rated him, they’d have have laked him, come to us on a free Joe, there’s a good lad :tup:
Exactly, Mental! With Joe going into the last year of his contract this coming summer, he (and we) should have the ability to play a little hardball or they lose him on the free in 2025.

Given it looks like he's found his forever home, especially given his nomadic loan life before, here's hoping that's what he wants too.
In Farke we trust...
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Just act like we'll walk away, and let Joe do the rest.

;@)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:39 pm TEAMTALK reporting today that Spurs are definitely open to a permanent move for Joe and that the new asking price is £20 mil.

20M it quotes....and that's the ballpark for me as I said earlier, I don't think he's good enough to have a future at Spuds, other than depth
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"