Leicester vs Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leicester vs Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by Genghers »

Twiggster wrote:Eddie on LUTV this eve post game reflections, gave young Samby MOTM for us - but added that "Ross was very close - Ross ran the show for us at Leicester with his workrate and set ups. He had a great game, thae boy".
I've just watched the full game back on LUTV and have to agree.

However, the replay showed me again, that Kenny should not be first team keeper. OK - he made some GREAT saves at Leicester, but his positioning and flapping was worth noting.
Nowhere NEAR how bad son of scum was in the other goal, but Kenny worries me.
I am sad, but I've watched all of our full games back on LUTV and HOW many times does Kenny flap at crosses and fail to do the simple stuff? WHY didn't he come out to at least hinder the Leicester defender who scored last night at the death? Poor keeping.

When Ashdown plays, the whole back line seems more confident to me? Body language seems better from the defenders and he doesn't go "walkabout", like Kenny - who I've seen casually wander down the pitch a few times this season and have to scramble to get back on his line.
Kenny has cost us a lot of goals in the league this season, purely by poor positioning and either not coming for crosses or flapping them. He is no better than Lonergan was, but he is Warnock senior's love child it seems? :duno:
Kenny kept us in this game, without question. Not seen the replay of the goal, but from the majority of peoples' views it seems that it was a free header. I'd say that's the fault of the defenders (/Warnock for changing it around too late and causing confusion), but not Kenny.

I think Ashdown should probably have been used more, but you can hardly complain about Kenny keeping 3 clean sheets in the last 4!
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

barryanorak wrote:
Took a while.

Obscure, even by your standards...
Do tell, I haven't worked it out yet :duno: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
markolufc
First Team
First Team

Post by markolufc »

Ross McCormack deserves a 9 in this match because he was absolutely and completely unplayable. He was all over them. He did everything except score. He was outstrengthing their centre backs and coming away with the ball all night. Absolutely top class. On several occasions I saw Morison didn't even jump for the ball over the top to him. Complete carthorse. Why was Warnock so desperate to get a player that's so unfit, so much that he traded our top scorer for him?

Also Schmeichel had a good game, McCormack was unlucky not to score. Some of the shots Schmeichel was saving, it actually made him look like a half decent keeper!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The trouble is though that at the end of the season a striker is judged byow many goals he scores. Often a striker can have a sh1t game but scores a hat trick and wins mom.

Too many people, including NW, slagged Becchio off for various reasons but at the end of the day no one could slag off his goascoring.
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

weasel wrote:The trouble is though that at the end of the season a striker is judged byow many goals he scores. Often a striker can have a sh1t game but scores a hat trick and wins mom.

Too many people, including NW, slagged Becchio off for various reasons but at the end of the day no one could slag off his goascoring.

87 goals in 221 games in all competitions, ok but nothing special
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

MeeTa wrote:
Considering our current crop, he was pretty special.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
MeeTa
Manager
Manager

Post by MeeTa »

Crude United wrote: Considering our current crop, he was pretty special.
Not really no
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

MeeTa wrote:
A goal every 2.5 matches. Not a bad ratio especially given that he was largely the foil for Beckford for 3 seasons.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

MeeTa wrote:
Not really no
McCormack 68 goals in 238 career appearances

One goal in 3.5 matches....not good enough for one of your main strikers....on a par with the likes of our Cresswell, Blake & Healy...mindst many fans raved about Blake & the overrated David Healy....remember where we finished in our previous championship campaign with those three average strikers in our team :roll:
hector

Post by hector »

weasel wrote:
A goal every 2.5 matches. Not a bad ratio especially given that he was largely the foil for Beckford for 3 seasons.

The guy is in the all time top 10 scorers for Leeds.... even after being injured for a lot 1 season and being the foil for Beckford for another few..

Says it all for me really... :tup:
Last edited by hector on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

barryanorak wrote:
Took a while.

Obscure, even by your standards...
Stung by recent criticism from faaip I tried to up my game :wink:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
MeeTa
Manager
Manager

Post by MeeTa »

weasel wrote:

No its not a bad ratio, but there is nothing special about it. Which is my point here, its nothing more than what you would expect from an average striker to do with the amount of time hes played.