Nottingham Forest v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Re: Nottingham Forest v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by paddy parrott »

High praise indeed NZlufc and we could have done with some inspiration today.
Ah well we got what we deserved and nowt else .
Forest and ourselves could still be battling it out for a play off spot and wel`l need to be ready at easter for `em.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

paddy parrott wrote:Yeah the thing is what about Rudi and he has a stormer say next week and scores the winner.
He gets the nod because he gets forward and back to pick up the ball and yes we all see his limits at that point.
Although he is captain we would and should expect more but really can we ? My original point is we are ordinary in middle and i suppose up front ,so it`s unfair to single one or two out.
Firstly Paddy, Rudi has scored two goals this season, unsure if both were winning goals :duno:
Austin is one of the major reasons we are ordinary in midfield as he is often caught out of position & is responsible for the loss of shape in the middle. Murphy & Mowatt are technically good footballers whereas Austin is just a lump !
Come the January window we require a Derry/Kavanagh type to bolster up the spine of the team !
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Disappointing result and performance.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Just returned from nottingham after witnessing a truly disgusting performance from start to finish.After the display at Blackpool thought we may seem some changes but McDermott decided against it.It just shows how poor this league is when we are in the top ten.
Kenny 6 Played on through injury
Peltier 1 Back to normal
Zaliukas 5 Dragged down by the rest
Lees 4 Had his work cut out covering for Peltier
Pearce 3 His worst game this season
Pugh 7 MOTM Tried his best
Austin 2 Never a captain why McDermott thinks so i dont know
Brown 3 Never in the game
Murphy 4 Outclassed
Smith 1 Out of his depth in this division
McCormack 5 Well at least he scored

Byram 4 Showed more pace than Peltier did
Poleon 3 Not on long enough
Akibi 3 Showed some neat touches but woeful shooting

McDermott 2 Dont usually mark but was out thought by job done Davis
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

HarryofOz wrote:Disappointing result and performance.
Was rather pathetic all round today. 2nd to every ball and done for pace AGAIN! No MOTM for me - they were all crap. Even Kommander Z had an off day :( ...tho the new lad and Poleon seemed to scare the forest defence with their speed, when they came on. Promising.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: Austin 2 Never a captain why McDermott thinks so i dont know
God knows what McDermott was thinking :shock: a truely awful footballer !
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

1964white wrote:
If McDermott thinks he his captain material i fear for our future
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

1964white wrote:
Yeah - so bad he is 4th placed MOTM in your thread? :roll:
Had more goal attempts in the past two woeful games than both our strikers combined. :shock:

Really crap eh? Apropos - WHO would you have as captain then?
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

While I praised McDermotts tactics on Thursday, setting up well against Forrest... we did not do our best here.

A number of people shouldn't have started. I know our formation relies on consistency in team choice, but this week is notorious for players getting tired due to the amount of games.

Smith should not have started again. With Murphy back, and better conditions, the aim should have been to play some passing football, and use either Poleon or Hunt up front with McCormack. (Hunt, like Pugh and Brown, would have something to prove and could have put a good 60 minute shift in here). I suspect this is a fallout of having games close together, you kind of have to go with the one tactics throughout, with little time in between to adjust.

We need to be able to change things up. An intriguing shift of Peltier into a back four, Pugh onto the left wing, Ariyibi on for Brown and onto the right wing for a 4-4-2. The easiest formation to play against is one that doesn't change.

Got to strengthen our depth in the January transfer window so we can look to the bench and have someone like Mowatt or Murphy ready to come on.

Silliest comment I saw posted on Twitter during the game had to be "McDermott has no clue, bring Ariyibi on FFS"...yeah, McDermott signs a player, no one knows how good he is or not, yet you want him on...because...McDermott doesn't have a clue??
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

You mention Hunt a couple of times, Mango. But AFAIK, he is still injured?
If Hunt indeed is not available, I'd drop Smith to start Varney though, based on Smith's recent (last two games) headless chicken form.
Aryibi impressed, in the little time he was on, today - and your 4-4-2 idea might be worth trying :tup:
Who knows what Egg will come up with tho :duno:
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Am I glad I had to work instead of going to Forest, from what friends who were at the match have told me and what I've read on here it sounded awful. We must beat Blackburn on New Years Day as we have some tricky games coming up Sheff Wed (A), Leicester (H), Brighton (A) ( if we both don't progress in the FA Cup), Ipswich(H) and Huddersfield (H).

With regard to the Brighton match I was looking at our fixtures back in Oct/Nov and saw the game on 25th Jan so checked out the National Rail website for cheap fares and bought some bargain £20.50 return tickets to London. Only yesterday whilst chatting to my friends have we realised this is the weekend of the FA Cup 4th round............ The best thing that can happen is we go through and draw Brighton in Round 4 (very unlikely) or a team in London/ South (possible) or both us and Brighton get knocked out (unlikely) and then my rail tickets will be ok to use. Other than that I've wasted my money and my bargain hunting was in vain. I always thought that Prem/Championship clubs had a blank Saturday on 4th round day. :?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote:Am I glad I had to work instead of going to Forest, from what friends who were at the match have told me and what I've read on here it sounded awful. We must beat Blackburn on New Years Day as we have some tricky games coming up Sheff Wed (A), Leicester (H), Brighton (A) ( if we both don't progress in the FA Cup), Ipswich(H) and Huddersfield (H).

With regard to the Brighton match I was looking at our fixtures back in Oct/Nov and saw the game on 25th Jan so checked out the National Rail website for cheap fares and bought some bargain £20.50 return tickets to London. Only yesterday whilst chatting to my friends have we realised this is the weekend of the FA Cup 4th round............ The best thing that can happen is we go through and draw Brighton in Round 4 (very unlikely) or a team in London/ South (possible) or both us and Brighton get knocked out (unlikely) and then my rail tickets will be ok to use. Other than that I've wasted my money and my bargain hunting was in vain. I always thought that Prem/Championship clubs had a blank Saturday on 4th round day. :?
It's not easy following your team thesedays Rich :(
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

And i commend all you true Leeds fans who do and although yesterday was nearer for some it was terrible i`m sure.
For many of us other`s it to was dire and very numbing to watch .Although i suppose inexcusable really to have to endure but it`s 3 points lost .Anyway SKY TV are who call it nowadays .