Leeds v Millwall - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
mav
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds v Millwall - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by mav »

faaip wrote:

easy to see why the midfield failed when there were only 3
Not the numbers that was the problem, as we had defenders and strikers working the channels we had extra bodies - it was the three never managed to get hold of the two opposing central midfielders that was the issue, this was a personnel thing not a tactics thing.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Millwall - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

mav wrote:I thought the team we put out and the formation was good but our midfield was terrible.

In the first half Rudi did OKAY in harrying and tackling but was terrible on the ball, second half he was just as bad with the ball but to slow to close down, Murphy was generally anonymous the who match, Mowatt was terrible off the ball first half but did well with it, second half he stepped up his work rate and was just as good in possession .

The defence suffered for lack of cover from midfield, Pearce was good the other three just okay, Pugh and Byram were attempting to support going forward but often we just didn't keep the ball for long enough for it to work.

Smith was okay up front without dominating his defenders, Ross was busy as was Wickham although Wickham got worse into the second half.

There was so little movement for the man on the ball all across the pitch that it is frustrating, I think this is what leads to our lack of patience on the ball and lack of possession.

The subs came on much to late for me too and when they came it put more pressure on us as we changed to a more defensive formation.

I would have brought on Tonge for Murphy and Stewart for Wickham, Rudi needed to come off too. When he took off Mowatt I was amazed.

Butland - 7
Byram - 6
Pearce - 7
Lees - 6
Pugh - 6
Mowatt 6
Murphy 4
Austin 5
Wickham - 5
Smith - 6
McCormack 6
Butland or Pearce for your MOTM Mav ??