Bournemouth v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Bournemouth v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote:

a coach, not head coach...Redfearn has basically continued the thought process with surprisingly a better understanding of balance in team selection and tactical nous...but the coaching to get us here was all Hockaday. I don't think Hockaday had Antenucci ready to go and Doukara injured...

Again Hockaday wasn't the guy to take us forward but he wasn't as bad as some would have us believe...
I would agree with this and Hockaday deserves praise as an honest guy who played a role in starting us playing better football in training and getting us fit. Yes none of us believed he was the man for the job or some inspired masterstroke and he had an impossible job to do trying to mould a team with no previous knowledge of any of the existing players, be it first team or youth, or any knowledge of the new signings. I would not have expected mush more from any manager in that situation.

Redfearn has the advantage here. He knows the first team players as he wil have seen them train and play over the last few years even if his involvement wasn't direct. He also knows the kids. As such he knows much more about their ability and capabilities than Hockaday would have. He has also had the beenfit of Doukara being fit again, don't forget it was his 2 goals that got us the Accrington win before his injury, and had the international break come at a good time as he has had 2 weeks of getting to see everyone training and being able to work on that.

I am in no way downplaying Redfearn's success so far as I have been hugely impressed by the character in the team to comeback in the last 2 matches and a great deal of that credit has to go to Redfearn as well as seemingly making good decisions with substitutions and tactics. It is a funny old game though cos in the 2 wins under him our keeper has figured highly in the Man of the Match voting.

The side though is showing in glimpses the potential it has. It will take time to gel and early results were always going to be a bit up and down. Any success this season would be a hige bonus and I would be happy just seeing a team gelling for next season wherein we are bringing in 1 or 2 players next summer to take a cohesive team to the next level.
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

With so many new players it should be no surprise we lost games and looked disorganised, we still will a few times before we start to click I imagine.

Hock was not given a chance, not saying I supported his appointment but he never had a chance to show what he could do.

Or to put it another way I have seen successful prem managers spend 10mill plus on a young players and give them 6 months to adjust.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

mav wrote:Or to put it another way I have seen successful prem managers spend 10mill plus on a young players and give them 6 months to adjust.
Or successful Budesliga managers come in, spend £11m on a striker and get relegated, causing them to spend £11m on another striker and still manage to be bottom of the Champs, without a win!
Last edited by Genghers on Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote: Or successful Budesliga managers come in, spend £11m on a striker and get relegated, causing him to spend £11m on another striker and still manage to be bottom of the Champs, without a win!

Always a massive risk spend

Much rather have what we have.....a team of young quality players who are prepared to play as a team as oppose to relying on one individual !
hibbi86
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @Hibbi86

Post by hibbi86 »

Genghers wrote: Or successful Budesliga managers come in, spend £11m on a striker and get relegated, causing them to spend £11m on another striker and still manage to be bottom of the Champs, without a win!
Rene Mullenstien bought Mitroglu and the was sacked after obtaining 2 draws in succession from both Scum and Liverpool,
Mitroglu didnt feature in the new managers plans so he didnt play virtally any part in the relegation, he is now back at olympayiakos and he scored last night against Athletico Madrid :roflmao:

Shows how cavalier there upper management team are and how throwing money at a problem isnt akways the best solution.
Forever and ever we shall follow are team, because we're Leeds United we rule supreme!
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote:

Always a massive risk spend

Much rather have what we have.....a team of young quality players who are prepared to play as a team as oppose to relying on one individual !
Totally agree with this :tup: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

hibbi86 wrote:Rene Mullenstien bought Mitroglu and the was sacked after obtaining 2 draws in succession from both Scum and Liverpool,
Mitroglu didnt feature in the new managers plans so he didnt play virtally any part in the relegation, he is now back at olympayiakos and he scored last night against Athletico Madrid :roflmao:

Shows how cavalier there upper management team are and how throwing money at a problem isnt akways the best solution.
Ha, oh dear! It's a funny game, football.
Charity Shield 69
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Charity Shield 69 »

A nice little run of points has such a positive effect on our table position, to the belief and spirit of the team and of course to the mood of our fans. Great to be able to comment favourably on the contributions of so many of the team including Rodolph who has recently avoided his usual lambasting.
Four very nice goals to savour over these two games.
Do we have the makings of a balanced and competitive unit which is hard to put away, has several goal scoring threats and will find ways to regularly pick up points? If so will make for an enjoyable and interesting ride.
I'll also comment on how fantastic we look in the all white strip playing away.
Surely there is no need to continue to use that dreadful beige strip which seems to produce performances to match.

Cheers,
CS69
Cheers,
CS69
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Charity Shield 69 wrote: I'll also comment on how fantastic we look in the all white strip playing away.
Surely there is no need to continue to use that dreadful beige strip which seems to produce performances to match.

Cheers,
CS69
One of my main gripes since the kit was introduced, obviously Cellino thinks they are awful as he has given 1000's away to clear the rubbish from the club shop. Revie introduced the all white kit in the 60's because of his admiration for Real Madrid, he'll be turning in his grave at the thought of his beloved Leeds playing in a kit that looks like something out of charity shop !
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Charity Shield 69 wrote:I'll also comment on how fantastic we look in the all white strip playing away.
I think we try to play in white as much as possible these days, and we've got the dark blue away strip too.

The only reason for us wearing the gold one at Birmingham is that both the others clash (white shorts is usually enough for referees to ask for a change). I don't think they're selling the third kit in the club shop anymore, so presumably it was just rolled out for that game?
alessio89
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by alessio89 »

in the first half and the second half hour before we were quite confusing and Silvestri (from now on referred to as "gate") kept us many times in the game. important victory against a tricky team and in a field in which few believe they're going to win. Now, however, we hope to continue and not to slip on the next obstacle.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Anymore votes ?