Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:36 pm He'll be back in the morning, putting a negative slant on our future!
GeroniMOAN.....best ignored. Attention seeker poor chap.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:00 am Vardy is now in the Bamford, Ayling, Cooper mode.

All four been great servants for their clubs, but now age has caught up with them & their legs have gone!
Yes he is, which is while it surprises me he is still captain.
I think DF moving to Pascal now clearly being our captain was a sound move.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

Cjay wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:40 pm Don't understand why they didn't start going long to bypass our press more.

Even Man City go long to Haaland occasionally.

Get it down the sides give Vardy or Mavididi something to chase?

On Vardy though he looked his age tonight, been brilliant well into his 30s but has looked at his end for a few years.
Agree cjay.
I think City are doing that more because of Haaland. He is just plain terrifying when he has the ball anywhere near the opposing box.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

“Sunderland more aggressive and consistent from start to finish. Leeds started each half with intensity, but then dropped off. Team showed more intensity was Sunderland,” Maresca said after our 1-0 win.

“They don’t have the same energy Sunderland players are young. Pressed high, good. Some moments they dropped and pressed high tonight,” 

Comes across bitter and offended that a team adapted as the game went on whereas he continued his PepLite act.

Pish off
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Leighton
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Leighton »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:49 pm We should be looking to WIN THE LEAGUE. This is FAR from over. Just need to concentrate on ourselves and our football. The only thing we can control. Get our ppg above 2.0 and we have a chance.
I wonder what effect this will have on Leicester?

Confidence must have been astronomical with the run they've been on.

Has it taken a knock that will then affect them going forward?
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Just read this match thread through, and so pleased to see so many comments about Kamara who was sooooooooooo good from start to finish.

First of all every credit to a top referee who i hope we see again soon (bookmark his name) he made for a top game of football, it shows you don't need a lot of goals (best £150 dabs i've ever lost) to enjoy a great game, top drawer performances all round i thought.

I don't think we had a bad player or slacker on the park with all turning in a great team effort, but special praise has to go to Kamara and Ampadu, who are really starting to hit it off together, their reading of that game and positional sense on and off the ball was the key to our victory, i urge you to keep your eye on them both whenever possible in our next match, and the positions each take up, i'm hoping we've found 2 that compliment and understand each other together with their thinking and decision making.

They helped the defence and they helped the attack, making the 4 in front of them and the 4 behind look good anorl, they helped everywhere. It's the best use i think i've ever seen of the 2 in a 4-2-3-1, for us anyway.

On reflection Leicester played how DF thought they'd play and his gameplan was spot on, i hope he saw that pushing us up that bit more helped us all round especially the defence, but the 4 pressing up top also did well, but Leicester didn't do what Soton did in going straight for the jugular carving us open through the main channel fast, they continually tried their wide men to open us up but didn't.

Any possession stat for Leicester doesn't matter, they had it in the wrong places, giving us time to re group, get into position and read the play, co incidentally that's something we've been all too guilty of ourselves this season.

That is definitely our best team, Kamara and Ampadu are the better pairing than Gray but it's good cover, Bamford coming on up front somewhere doesn't really weaken us and in fact can give another option, Summerville and James are now looking like they should be starting with Gnonto as back up then Anthony against tired legs.

I liked him putting PB and Gruev on together for Piroe and Rutter, one because we know PB will carry on putting himself about up top to keep their defence on their toes, and two putting Gruev for some bite into that 3 and not disturbing any balance from Ampadu and Kamara, good game management.

I think in a good game we were the better team and so happy a pretty cold Meslier pulled off the save he did at the end to keep a clean sheet, it was deserved.

Singling out players in such a good team performance is difficult, but Kamara edged it for me, with ALL the rest not far behind in their own ways.

More of the same please DF, give him some time and try and mark off which players you think can hold their own if we step up to the Prem, and ffs realise that this team will be nowhere near as effective if we lose 3 of our best players, no matter where that might be but especially the spine from the back to the top throughout that middle, if this team can stay settled for game after game after game, then players get to know where each other will be at any given time, and that instils confidence all over the place.

Well done DF and a great team performance :clap: :clap: :clap:

If i'd known you had this in you you dick i wouldn't have cashed my bet in ya prick ! :rant: :evil:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:24 pm So . The question for the rest of the weekend

Are we wanting Ipswich to win? Or Wayne Rooney?

Hobson's choice
Rooney this time without hesitation.
HollyB
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by HollyB »

DDB220 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:46 pm Leeds fans can see a cunning plot from a mile away. Don’t try and fill us with optimism, talk of vulnerabilities in the opposition and coming away with something…..it will not work…. My advice is to await the truly desperate and visit the Wendies forum when the fixture is on the horizon. Besides we have a forum poster who is the antidote to such optimistic Tom Foolery.
I wasn’t too far off the mark and you were deserving winners
We have played pretty much to that level throughout the season and because most of the opposition are absolutely dire we have racked up a shed full of points.However as soon as we play a quality team who go toe to toe with us we really struggle. Our consistency against the shite teams will almost certainly see us over the line but we will 100% drop more points against the few quality teams in this division.
Play like that every week and you’ll be fine surely but I suppose there in lies the problem ?
Good luck
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

malcolmw wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:36 am Yes he is, which is while it surprises me he is still captain.
I think DF moving to Pascal now clearly being our captain was a sound move.
Cooper is still officially our captain with Ayling our vice-captain. I mentioned at the beginning of the season, Coops will be lucky to make 20 appearances, looking at things now ten is maybe nearer the mark. Ridiculous that Coops or Ayling are still even considered captain material.

I cringe at the sight of them limbering up on sidelines coming on as subs late in a game.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I think Leicester will win the league, but second place depends on those two Ipswich games in hand. Win both, and it's almost impossible to catch them. Lose both and it's game on.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:02 am Cooper is still officially our captain with Ayling our vice-captain. I mentioned at the beginning of the season, Coops will be lucky to make 20 appearances, looking at things now ten is maybe nearer the mark. Ridiculous that Coops or Ayling are still even considered captain material.

I cringe at the sight of them limbering up on sidelines coming on as subs late in a game.
Surely Rodon or Ampadu should be captains, since they will start every game?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

HollyB wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:38 am I wasn’t too far off the mark and you were deserving winners
We have played pretty much to that level throughout the season and because most of the opposition are absolutely dire we have racked up a shed full of points.However as soon as we play a quality team who go toe to toe with us we really struggle. Our consistency against the shite teams will almost certainly see us over the line but we will 100% drop more points against the few quality teams in this division.
Play like that every week and you’ll be fine surely but I suppose there in lies the problem ?
Good luck
Thank you returning with a post match comment, Holly.

I agree that Leeds & Leicester are on a different level to the rest of the championship, with the possible exceptions of Ipswich & Southampton.

I was impressed with both defences last night, Pereira was immense for the Foxes.

Leicester will win the league despite the fact they'll be without Fatawu, Iheanacho, Mavididi & Ndidi for eight games whilst away on African Nations Cup in the new year.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:17 am Surely Rodon or Ampadu should be captains, since they will start every game?
I've believed this since Farke took charge at Leeds.

There is far too much player power & sentimentality in football nowadays.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:24 pm So . The question for the rest of the weekend

Are we wanting Ipswich to win? Or Wayne Rooney?

Hobson's choice
Rooney, it is time England Legend came good.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:00 am Vardy is now in the Bamford, Ayling, Cooper mode.

All four been great servants for their clubs, but now age has caught up with them & their legs have gone!
Vardy no way comparable to those 3 lol. Vardy would be like a Lorimer to us.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:46 am Rooney, it is time England Legend came good.
Ipswich away today, then away to Rotherham on Tuesday night for their game in hand, good old Rotherham to do LUFC a favour.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:23 am
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=196MZNl5rqw
What were the Leicester players moaning about to the ref at the full-time whistle?

Us losing isn't allowed? Meslier should be booked for that last save?

I can't think of one incident that we could be viewed as getting an advantage from that ref last night.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:46 am Rooney, it is time England Legend came good.
:)
Simply not possible - just another Gerrard and Lampard.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Cjay wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:28 am “Sunderland more aggressive and consistent from start to finish. Leeds started each half with intensity, but then dropped off. Team showed more intensity was Sunderland,” Maresca said after our 1-0 win.

“They don’t have the same energy Sunderland players are young. Pressed high, good. Some moments they dropped and pressed high tonight,” 

Comes across bitter and offended that a team adapted as the game went on whereas he continued his PepLite act.

Pish off
He also said the result wasn't "fair"
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Chilli D wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:45 am He also said the result wasn't "fair"
It wasn't, it should've been 1-2 or even better 2-3 for my bet.

Totally unfair.

;@)