Leeds Utd v Preston Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Preston North End Match Thread

Post by DDB220 »

White Riot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:03 pm Assuming, hopefully, that Leicester beat Ipswich tomorrow night, then we have a really great opportunity to apply pressure to Ipswich and the Saints.

If we beat Norwich at home on Wednesday, and then win at Bristol City a week on Friday, we will be two points ahead of them in second.

Ipswich and Southampton both have to visit WBA in the near future too.
If only it was that easy. 😅
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

It will be far from easy, Norwich seems to be going well lately. I expect another tough game unless we break them down early. I watched Bristol City the other night and was impressed with them, they seemed to want to play football ( which will suit us ) and didn't just lump it up the pitch all game.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

White Riot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:03 pm Assuming, hopefully, that Leicester beat Ipswich tomorrow night, then we have a really great opportunity to apply pressure to Ipswich and the Saints.

If we beat Norwich at home on Wednesday, and then win at Bristol City a week on Friday, we will be two points ahead of them in second.

If only it was so easy :)

Mid week away games have been an issue for us this season.

DF needs to find a way of making us better at those as we haven't won any yet (3 losses 1 draw).

But in theory all is not lost :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Finnatic wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:59 pm I was looking straight on from the South Stand, the James foul was just like the body slams that you’d see on the wrestling in the 70’s 😁
in rugby thats called a no-arm shoulder charge. And it's an instant red card. And thats Rugby!
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Apparently

"Bamford was holding the ball and Farke called Rodon over to the tech area and sent Rodon to rush towards the pen area and instruct Bamf to hand the ball to Piroe. Smart move! " (Bonzodog)

Anyone confirm?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

GreennWhite wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:16 pm It will be far from easy, Norwich seems to be going well lately. I expect another tough game unless we break them down early. I watched Bristol City the other night and was impressed with them, they seemed to want to play football ( which will suit us ) and didn't just lump it up the pitch all game.
I reckon Norwich will be easier to play against than that dirty, cheating lot today.

My god, how can any football fan watch Preston North End every week?

PNE replicates the :poo: hole of their town.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

JoeDenver wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:39 pm Preston deserved a red at some point. And the yellow on Firpo was such a reach. Still don’t know what he gave Paddy a yellow for.
What was that yellow for Firpo all about? He got the ball and it wasn't even like it was a follow through tackle that caught their guy. Their guy was not even in the picture and just sort of ambled accross and got caught. Ref didn't even give a free kick yet booked Firpo. Was just ludicrous.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:46 pm I reckon Norwich will be easier to play against than that dirty, cheating lot today.

Stop sitting on the fence fella. Say what you think for goodness sake
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:46 pm I reckon Norwich will be easier to play against than that dirty, cheating lot today.

People from Preston will love you for those comments 64 :lol: :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Finnatic wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:53 pm Regarding the scything down of our players - as soon as they pick up the yellows, replace them with up to five subs and repeat.
Several clubs have been deploying those spoiling tactics this season, taking it in turns to foul our players, it sickens me, that they get away with it.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:48 pm Stop sitting on the fence fella. Say what you think for goodness sake
Visit Preston & you'll see what I mean, Jay.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Terrible ref. Missed so many fouls. Bleeding obvious ones. The DJ one. The blatant double hand push on Rodon. The dangerous one on Archie. Christ knows how he spotted the pen the blind twat
1964white

Post by 1964white »

GreennWhite wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:49 pm People from Preston will love you for those comments 64 :lol: :lol:
We stayed there for a weekend, Jill & I couldn't get out of the horrible place soon enough. :lol:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:55 pm Visit Preston & you'll see what I mean, Jay.
I’ll take your word for it Leon :-D
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Ipswich have already played West Brom away. They lost 2-0
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:56 pm Terrible ref. Missed so many fouls. Bleeding obvious ones. The DJ one. The blatant double hand push on Rodon. The dangerous one on Archie. Christ knows how he spotted the pen the blind twat
After all what had gone on, I was surprised the ref saw it.

Preston got their comeuppance!
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:02 pm Exactly! Could have caused injury with a "dead ball" situation, which is the worst time and way to have any player get hurt. To add insult to injury, to then time waste afterwords by acting like he didn't know what he was doing when he gave Archie the shove.

Dan's foul was like more American football--the PNE player dropped his shoulder and laid Dan out, but at least it was on the pitch.
And again with the Dan James foul the Preston Nob End player acted like he had no idea that he had done anything. Just a disgusting team
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Think the Archie one is the worst. That could send him over the hoardings. To me it’s reckless, endangers the player and should be red. Fair play to Archie he stuck up for himself although he shook his hand in the end. I’d have shook his hand and said “you’re still a dirty c… though”.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

GreennWhite wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:49 pm People from Preston will love you for those comments 64 :lol: :lol:
64 is not wrong though it is a sh*thole.