Leeds Utd 0-1 Arsenal Match Thread - Post Match Debate

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread - Rodrigo starts up front as Sinisterra returns

Post by Finnatic »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:19 pm Gabriel had his arms on PB first.
Yes, as the cross came over he briefly had both arms around Bamfords waist - then let go as the cross eluded both players.
When the ball was knocked back towards them that’s when there was a “collision”.

Bamford should have motioned this to the ref so when he looked at the VAR he could have looked out for that instead of only focusing on the foul.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd 0-1 Arsenal Match Thread - Post Match Debate

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:26 pm When we got the second penalty, I was wondering if Klich would take it. You see it happen fairly often, maybe on the assumption the edge over the guy that missed the first one. According to the post match on TSB, they were saying Bamford grabbed the ball immediately. Nice confidence from the man.
I mentioned on this or the Breakfast thread that Bamford grabbed the ball immediately, there was no way he was relinquishing the ball to anyone Andrew.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread - Rodrigo starts up front as Sinisterra returns

Post by The Subhuman »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:19 pm I didn't think that was a foul 64. It was just a forward and a defender having a jostle in the box like every other sequence of play. To call a foul on Bamford was harsh to say the least. Gabriel had his arms on PB first.
Yeah but we concede 5 pens a game if that was a problem... especially Coops.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:19 pm I didn't think that was a foul 64. It was just a forward and a defender having a jostle in the box like every other sequence of play. To call a foul on Bamford was harsh to say the least. Gabriel had his arms on PB first.
Had that goal stood, Paddy's confidence would have been sky-high.
1964white

Re: Leeds Utd 0-1 Arsenal Match Thread - Post Match Debate

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:18 pm I enjoyed the game too. even though we lost I'll probably give it a rerun tonight - over the Monday NFL
I watch it again this afternoon, 96 minutes of absorbing football, one of the best PL matches this season.

Full on entertainment from start to finish.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:38 pm That foul before the penalty could have gone either way. When I saw it, I immediately said no penalty because Bamford fouled first.

But when you watch again, Gabriel does body check and the push is a bit of nothing. It was 50/50 for me. Could have been either.

So there's a thought. On review it should only be overturned if it was a clear and obvious error. It was a subjective call to give the penalty. An error maybe. But clear and obvious?

We March on. We're Leeds. Not sure how long you've been a fan Paul. But we've had more than our share of bad decisions. It's what makes us so die dard.
I was a casual fan during the O'Leary years. Kept on eye on Leeds in the lower divisions. Started really paying attention when Bielsa was appointed in 2018. Since joining this board last Spring I've gotten much more engaged. And I've learned a lot about the club from folks that post here. Including our history of poor treatment by the football establishment.
Football/Futbol/Soccer