West Ham Utd 3-1 Leeds Utd - Post Match Debate.

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: West Ham Utd 3-1 Leeds Utd - Post Match Debate.

Post by weasel »

hector wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:37 am I used to say that when I lived on Benbecula :) :)
Is he any relation to Scott Bakula?
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

hector wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:37 am I used to say that when I lived on Benbecula :) :)
Now that is north
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: West Ham Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

SaraM wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:42 pm Sophie Lancaster, a teenage girl kicked to death just for looking different. Her Mum is amazing, and still runs the campaign to increase tolerance.

https://www.sophielancasterfoundation.com/
That's the one Sara, that bbc drama should be made compulsory to every single school in the UK.

If anyone hasn't watched it please do.

It absolutely broke my heart that did and speaks volumes about a lot of things, but to me the feral kids that are being dragged up these days.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Took me a while to be able to add to this discussion.

I really thought we would win this game.

The second half display was one of the most dispiriting things I have ever seen. How could a team facing relegation come out and give such a lackluster performance? West Ham had the fire and energy we should have had on display. Why weren't we the ones trying to force the action?

I have no answer. I can't really even begin to define the problem. There's talent on this club. Not City or Arsenal talent, certainly, but more than enough to have kept us up. The whole just always seemed to be less than the sum of the parts.

What seems patently obvious is that current leadership has run its course. Hopefully the 49ers will complete the takeover. Say what you will about American ownership, but these people are not buying the club to turn us into Aston Villa. They have much loftier goals.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

John in Louisiana wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:41 pm Took me a while to be able to add to this discussion.

I really thought we would win this game.

The second half display was one of the most dispiriting things I have ever seen. How could a team facing relegation come out and give such a lackluster performance? West Ham had the fire and energy we should have had on display. Why weren't we the ones trying to force the action?

I have no answer. I can't really even begin to define the problem. There's talent on this club. Not City or Arsenal talent, certainly, but more than enough to have kept us up. The whole just always seemed to be less than the sum of the parts.

What seems patently obvious is that current leadership has run its course. Hopefully the 49ers will complete the takeover. Say what you will about American ownership, but these people are not buying the club to turn us into Aston Villa. They have much loftier goals.
I thought we may acquire a draw, couldn't see us winning due to our losing mentality.

Let's hope so, John :tup: