Leeds vs Newcastle Player Ratings - RESULT

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Leeds vs Newcastle Player Ratings - RESULT

Post by Cjay »

Plus any brief individual analysis

Robles
Ayling
Kristensen
Wober
Koch
Firpo
McKennie
Greenwood
Harrison
Rodrigo
Bamford

Gnonto
Forshaw
Struijk
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds vs Newcastle player ratings

Post by The Subhuman »

Robles - 7.5
Ayling - 7.5
Firpo - 4.5
Wober - 6
Koch - 7.5
Kristensen - 9.5
Harrison - 6 SUB
McKennie - 7
Rodrigo - 9.5 SUB
Bamford - 6 SUB
Greenwood - 6 SUB

Forshaw - 7.5
Gnonto - 6.5
Aaronson - 6
Struijk - 6.5
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds vs Newcastle Player Ratings

Post by Cjay »

Robles-6.
Ayling-6
Kristensen-8
Wobles-4
Firpo-3
Koch-7
Mckennie-7
Greenwood-3
Harrison-5
Rodrigo-6
Bamford-2

Forshaw-7
Gnonto-6
Aaronson-n/a
Struijk- n/a
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

A Big Sam performance in many ways. Competitive, strong & direct. We made Newcastle look average and levelled the playing field somewhat. Its been said everywhere, even Bamford himself didn't think he would score and it turned out to be one of the worst penalties you will see. And please please, if there is a God do not let Firpo put on a Leeds shirt ever again. The guy is not just a mistake waiting to happen he is a calamity.

Robles 7: I don't know where he is getting his confidence from but long may it continue. His shithousing was getting under my skin so it must have been working on the Geordies.
Ayling 7: Better from Luke in the right place for the follow-up.
Kristensen 9: His best game for Leeds and he hit the ball (like a cockney would say it) sweet as a nat. It would have caused problems without the massive deflection. Is this the first coming of Rasmus?
Wober 5: Some crunching tackles which led him upto giving the penalty away. He looked over pumped..? Still looks unfit.
Koch 5: Can't say i really noticed him doing much but i reckon he was better that Harrison.
Firpo 1: Today of all days for Firpo the Clown to reappear. I hope its his last game..I know i know he won the penalty, maybe he should have taken to add to his circus act.
McKennie 8: Much better today from Weston. Big Sam is obviously having none of that Gracia passive play.
Greenwood 4: I don't want to be too harsh on the kid but he's still looks lost out there at times, like he's not sure where to go. Running forward with the ball he was ok.
Harrison 3: The 3 touches leading upto the goal (or was it the pen my memory is bad) was about all he did all afternoon. Sam needs to hairdryer him and get that Shell of his back.
Rodrigo 6: Good first half, put himself about with a great header to set up Ayling. How much will he earn next season. It must be laying on his mind.
Bamford 2: I know is game was good overall but he's cost us 4 possibly 6 crucial point and i'm not feeling charitable. He's a striker and we need him scoring goals. I think his time is up personally at the club. Another striker in the summer and Perkins and Joseph has back-up.

Gnonto 6: That little bit of magic has been used up and now he looks mediocre like the rest of them.
Forshaw 7: I give him stick like most people but without Adams he's our most accomplished Midfielder.
Struijk.

At 2-0 you just never know but atleast we didn't capitulate after going 2-1 down. I don't think its enough but we will know where we are by the time we play again.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Robles - 6.5 - What a difference again. He just looks more comfortable back there than Meslier. A couple of nervy moments, but handled things well. Refreshing not having to worry as much back there.
Ayling - 7.5 - another decent game from Ayling and made some nice runs and progressive passes. Heads up on the goal. Well taken.
Kristensen - 9 - Man of the Match. Won every challenge, read the game well and shut things down before they could develop. Great strike on the goal. Well deserved.
Wober - 6 - I don’t fault him as much for the challenge that led to the PK…I blame Firpo’s clumsiness more. Did appear to be a little tired, but handled his business fine.
Firpo - 3 - I’ll give him a half a point for the run that earned the PK, but God, he’s clumsy and, at times, reckless. Was walking a tightrope all game. Was really scared that he’d see another yellow after we took Harrison off instead of him. Suspicion confirmed. Really unsure if that was a handball as I haven’t seen one definitive frame where he touched it. But he shouldn’t have had his arm up there to begin with. Shocking performance capped with a send off.
Koch - 7 - Did what a DM is supposed to do. Disrupted all sorts of attacks and passes. Haven’t seen that since Tyler Adams. Great performance that probably helped Kristensen look so good.
McKennie - 7 - one of his best performances in the shirt. Looked much more comfortable in the second half once Greenwood was subbed. Linked up play, had some nice progressive passes, and some nice interceptions (and tackles). Solid day from him.
Greenwood -3.5 - not his day. Had some nice dribbles and passes in the final third, but looked rather helpless otherwise as Newcastle appeared to target him.
Harrison - 5.5 - pretty quiet and ineffective. Never really grew into the game.
Rodrigo - 8 - Was heavily involved. Well-taken header led to Ayling’s goal. Looked dangerous going forward throughout.
Bamford - 3 - another game, another shocking performance. Confidence looks shot. Should’ve deferred on the PK…added a half point for the cross that led to the goal, but otherwise awful.

Forshaw - 6.5 - looked better than last week. Probably a combination of being fitter and having better cover from Koch. Should probably start next week.
Gnonto - 5.5 - Pretty quiet from him, but decent hold up play until the end. I think he’s blowing hot and cold right now and that’s probably showing in training…and thus keeping him out of the starting 11
Aaronson - 5 - not much to rate
Struijk - 5 - not much to rate
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Robles 6
Composed but nothing spectacular

Ayling 7
Defended well and one of our best attacking threats

Kristensen 7
Composed - looks the part at the back

Wober 7
Shaky start but better in 2nd half

Koch 7
Looked decent in midfield

Firpo 4
Good going forward. But 2 silly yellows and giving away the penalty

McKennie 6
Good endeavour, some creativity, but could offer more

Greenwood 4
Good energy but passing and composure were really poor

Harrison 6
Lots of energy and a couple of decent runs

Rodrigo 6
Creative a few times out wide, but would rather see him getting shots at goal

Bamford 5
Made some good attacking contributions ... but that penalty [RODRIGO IS OUR BEST PENALTY TAKER]

Gnonto 5
Was fired up. But often made wrong choice

Forshaw 7
Looks class as a defensive midfielder

Struijk N/A
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bump
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Robles - 7.5 Seems so much more assured than Meslier.
Ayling - 7.5 8 for the first half, when he was everywhere, and 7 for the second.
Firpo - 4 Played poorly. His falling down led to the first penalty and the handball was atrocious. Out of control.
Wober - 7 Only partially to blame for the first penalty. Otherwise quite solid
Koch - 7.5 Wober without the penalty. The two played well together.
Kristensen - 9 What didn't he do? Played exceptionally well. MOTM
Harrison - 6 Meh
McKennie - 7.5 One of his best games for us
Rodrigo - 7.5 Should have insisted on taking the penalty
Bamford - 5 As he would in the fantasy league, he loses a point for a missed penalty
Greenwood - 6 A creditable, if unspectacular, performance

Forshaw - 7 Better than I had hoped
Gnonto - 6 Less than I had hoped
Aaronson - 6.5 About what I had hoped
Struijk - 6.5 See Aaronson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

7 Robles
8 Ayling
9 Kristensen
7 Wober
7 Koch
2 Firpo
6.5 McKennie
4 Greenwood
5 Harrison
8.5 Rodrigo
6 Bamford
Subs :
6 Gnonto
8 Forshaw
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

JoeDenver wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 7:30 pm Robles - 6.5 - What a difference again. He just looks more comfortable back there than Meslier. A couple of nervy moments, but handled things well. Refreshing not having to worry as much back there.
Ayling - 7.5 - another decent game from Ayling and made some nice runs and progressive passes. Heads up on the goal. Well taken.
Kristensen - 9 - Man of the Match. Won every challenge, read the game well and shut things down before they could develop. Great strike on the goal. Well deserved.
Wober - 6 - I don’t fault him as much for the challenge that led to the PK…I blame Firpo’s clumsiness more. Did appear to be a little tired, but handled his business fine.
Firpo - 3 - I’ll give him a half a point for the run that earned the PK, but God, he’s clumsy and, at times, reckless. Was walking a tightrope all game. Was really scared that he’d see another yellow after we took Harrison off instead of him. Suspicion confirmed. Really unsure if that was a handball as I haven’t seen one definitive frame where he touched it. But he shouldn’t have had his arm up there to begin with. Shocking performance capped with a send off.
Koch - 7 - Did what a DM is supposed to do. Disrupted all sorts of attacks and passes. Haven’t seen that since Tyler Adams. Great performance that probably helped Kristensen look so good.
McKennie - 7 - one of his best performances in the shirt. Looked much more comfortable in the second half once Greenwood was subbed. Linked up play, had some nice progressive passes, and some nice interceptions (and tackles). Solid day from him.
Greenwood -3.5 - not his day. Had some nice dribbles and passes in the final third, but looked rather helpless otherwise as Newcastle appeared to target him.
Harrison - 5.5 - pretty quiet and ineffective. Never really grew into the game.
Rodrigo - 8 - Was heavily involved. Well-taken header led to Ayling’s goal. Looked dangerous going forward throughout.
Bamford - 3 - another game, another shocking performance. Confidence looks shot. Should’ve deferred on the PK…added a half point for the cross that led to the goal, but otherwise awful.

Forshaw - 6.5 - looked better than last week. Probably a combination of being fitter and having better cover from Koch. Should probably start next week.
Gnonto - 5.5 - Pretty quiet from him, but decent hold up play until the end. I think he’s blowing hot and cold right now and that’s probably showing in training…and thus keeping him out of the starting 11
Aaronson - 5 - not much to rate
Struijk - 5 - not much to rate
You notice that when we need Harrison to turn up in these last few games he consistently goes missing - like Bamford, get rid in summer.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:57 am You notice that when we need Harrison to turn up in these last few games he consistently goes missing - like Bamford, get rid in summer.
Yeah, I just wish he could get that purple patch of form back. I somehow wonder if his back spasms are lingering. Need to pivot to Summerville if he’s going to get quiet.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

JoeDenver wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:40 pm Yeah, I just wish he could get that purple patch of form back. I somehow wonder if his back spasms are lingering. Need to pivot to Summerville if he’s going to get quiet.
I think the reason Summerville didn't come on was because Newcastle are such a tall, physical team, probably the biggest set of players I've witnessed at ER this season.

It was one of either Gnonto or Summerville.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

1964white wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:54 pm I think the reason Summerville didn't come on was because Newcastle are such a tall, physical team, probably the biggest set of players I've witnessed at ER this season.

It was one of either Gnonto or Summerville.
You’re probably right, Leon. All the more reason to get Struijk out there for Firpo with the first substitution. Realize he can be equally as clumsy, clueless, but Firpo needed pulling before the second penalty and obviously before the second red.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

JoeDenver wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 2:18 pm You’re probably right, Leon. All the more reason to get Struijk out there for Firpo with the first substitution. Realize he can be equally as clumsy, clueless, but Firpo needed pulling before the second penalty and obviously before the second red.
Totally agree, Joe :tup:
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

JoeDenver wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:40 pm Yeah, I just wish he could get that purple patch of form back. I somehow wonder if his back spasms are lingering. Need to pivot to Summerville if he’s going to get quiet.
It would be nice if he can hit a purple patch in the last two games - but somehow I won't be holding my breath...
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:54 pm I think the reason Summerville didn't come on was because Newcastle are such a tall, physical team, probably the biggest set of players I've witnessed at ER this season.
Did you see the size of Pope, looked like a boxer, goalkeeper and basketball player all rolled into one.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:51 pm Did you see the size of Pope, looked like a boxer, goalkeeper and basketball player all rolled into one.
Massive, mate. Dan Burn is even bigger.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 8:06 pm Massive, mate. Dan Burn is even bigger.
Yeah, but Burn looked a bit skinny, Pope’s physique was incredible.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Top 3

:gold: Kristensen
:silver: Rodrigo
:bronze: Ayling