Wilfried Gnonto

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Wilfried Gnonto-Submits official transfer request

Post by Cjay »

I want him to go to Everton and suffer

Don't want him to stay after all this.

Go Willy lad go
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:54 pm You can go to Everton with my blessing Wilfried :tup:
I was just coming here to say that. Clearly he is being poorly advised by his agent if he still wants to go there. Still struggling with why Harrison left to be honest.
Shambolic nasty club who will join us next year in being relegated. Hopefully then they will drop into oblivion.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:21 pm I was just coming here to say that. Clearly he is being poorly advised by his agent if he still wants to go there. Still struggling with why Harrison left to be honest.
Shambolic nasty club who will join us next year in being relegated. Hopefully then they will drop into oblivion.
To get his full wages. Would you stick at a workplace on 40/50% off the wages when you could move and get 100%?
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:39 pm To get his full wages. Would you stick at a workplace on 40/50% off the wages when you could move and get 100%?
Depends who’s paying full whack. If it’s Everton then no as it’s a short sighted move. Money isn’t everything especially not when we are talking annual salaries in a week
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

weasel wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:39 pm To get his full wages. Would you stick at a workplace on 40/50% off the wages when you could move and get 100%?
Always found this line of argument interesting... on my current salary as a 4th year teacher no as it would make it impossible for me to live with my mortgage etc. But when you're talking about him earning what my annual salary is in a week. Even a 50% paycut takes him significantly above the average.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

He isn't. He's on the same wages he'd be with us. Again, why shouldn't players be punished for bad performances? They were happy to milk the bonuses for finishing 17th.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:47 pm Always found this line of argument interesting... on my current salary as a 4th year teacher no as it would make it impossible for me to live with my mortgage etc. But when you're talking about him earning what my annual salary is in a week. Even a 50% paycut takes him significantly above the average.
Not being pedantic but I thought someone reported his salary as 5k per week? 2 months and he’s level with you maybe. But I’m with you on the money thing. Footballers & elite sports people in general moaning about their wages is a bad joke
geronimo
First Team
First Team
Twitter: none

Post by geronimo »

Everybody wanting him to go now , when they know he is going anyway 😆, no more bollocks about him rotting in reserves ,more faces than a town hall clock
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Jaydog wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:55 pm Not being pedantic but I thought someone reported his salary as 5k per week? 2 months and he’s level with you maybe. But I’m with you on the money thing. Footballers & elite sports people in general moaning about their wages is a bad joke
Sorry was talking about Harrison not Gnonto. AFAIK he was on 75/80k a week. Gnonto I know is a lot lower.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

geronimo wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:58 pm Everybody wanting him to go now , when they know he is going anyway 😆, no more bollocks about him rotting in reserves ,more faces than a town hall clock
With a forward line including Harrison, Adams & Gnonto they might have a chance but to quote an old work colleague “the defence doesn’t know whether it’s arseholes or breakfast time”. Absolutely no idea what it means but it’s not good.
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

geronimo wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:58 pm Everybody wanting him to go now , when they know he is going anyway 😆, no more bollocks about him rotting in reserves ,more faces than a town hall clock
Sorely mistaken bud. Would love more than anything for him to stay and fire the goals to get us up. But if he is going, nothing would give me more joy than if it was to Everton as he will be sliding straight back to the championship in 9 months and pulling the same stunt next summer too.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:00 pm Sorry was talking about Harrison not Gnonto. AFAIK he was on 75/80k a week. Gnonto I know is a lot lower.
Got you 👍🏼
Probably right about Harrison. Cjay will know most likely.
I think a lot of people don’t like the money conversation but it’s relevant when we start saying “well you can’t blame the bloke, I mean 40k to 80k per week”. It’s why the games ended up where it has.
geronimo
First Team
First Team

Post by geronimo »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:02 pm Sorely mistaken bud. Would love more than anything for him to stay and fire the goals to get us up. But if he is going, nothing would give me more joy than if it was to Everton as he will be sliding straight back to the championship in 9 months and pulling the same stunt next summer too.
If he leaves Everton it's up to him if he gets a better offer elsewhere that's what footballers do it's a short career, posters talking about Everton going down , when we lie 19th in championship and haven't won a game yet, and absolutely no chance of coming straight back up , is laughable to put it mildly, it's a no brainer for gnonto to move
airedale
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by airedale »

herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

geronimo wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:11 pm If he leaves Everton it's up to him if he gets a better offer elsewhere that's what footballers do it's a short career, posters talking about Everton going down , when we lie 19th in championship and haven't won a game yet, and absolutely no chance of coming straight back up , is laughable to put it mildly, it's a no brainer for gnonto to move
Not sure how anyone can say 'no chance' of going back up. We could JUST as easily be sat on 7-9 points given the balance of the 3 games so far. 2 weeks of the window left and money to spend now. I may be wrong and at the end of the season feel free to rub it in my face (as an Everton fan I am sure you will be delighted) but I choose to support the team not get on their case after 3 promising games where they have been F***ed in the a**e by players like Gnonto downing tools. He is part of the problem at the moment.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:45 pm Not sure how anyone can say 'no chance' of going back up. We could JUST as easily be sat on 7-9 points given the balance of the 3 games so far. 2 weeks of the window left and money to spend now. I may be wrong and at the end of the season feel free to rub it in my face (as an Everton fan I am sure you will be delighted) but I choose to support the team not get on their case after 3 promising games where they have been F***ed in the a**e by players like Gnonto downing tools. He is part of the problem at the moment.
Perhaps the more important question to ask Geronimo or whoever is not about the club he’s chosen to go to nor the fact as to whether it’s regarding money etc but the way he’s gone about it if indeed it is all down to him which I’m at pains to say it might not be as we are not privy to everything that happens behind the scenes
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

He might change his mind if he's watched the drubbing they just got from Villa.

:lol:
geronimo
First Team
First Team

Post by geronimo »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:45 pm Not sure how anyone can say 'no chance' of going back up. We could JUST as easily be sat on 7-9 points given the balance of the 3 games so far. 2 weeks of the window left and money to spend now. I may be wrong and at the end of the season feel free to rub it in my face (as an Everton fan I am sure you will be delighted) but I choose to support the team not get on their case after 3 promising games where they have been F***ed in the a**e by players like Gnonto downing tools. He is part of the problem at the moment.
I'm a Leeds fan fella but I would put my mortgage on Leeds been nowhere near promotion this season
geronimo
First Team
First Team

Post by geronimo »

BradWhite wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:49 pm He might change his mind if he's watched the drubbing they just got from Villa.

:lol:
It was only last season we were letting ,4,5,6,ieven 7 in regularly , villa will be A top half side it's beating teams around you at the bottom that matters and we could not even do that
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

geronimo wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:53 pm I'm a Leeds fan fella but I would put my mortgage on Leeds been nowhere near promotion this season
Russia's Luna-25 spacecraft has just crashed into the moon, it's ok it was unmanned, but did you see it happen ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)