Loan Watch

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Loan Watch

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:27 pm Not going well for our loaned out cowards

Brendan Aaronson sent off after 20 minutes

Llorente and Kristensen absolutely awful according to Roma fans 1st half vs Verona and both taken off at half time.

And a quote from The Athletic German football journalist 20 minutes ago.

Robin Koch is having a bad old time for Eintracht this afternoon. He clattered his own goalkeeper to gift Mainz the lead and has just been booked for a ridiculous lunge on the touchline.
Thank god, we don't have to watch them this season.
Rook
First Team
First Team

Post by Rook »

What is happening with Helder Costa and Mateus Bogusz ?
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I'm telling you now, it's an absolute master- stroke by DF to get shut of these pricks and let someone else pay them.

Orta could've left up us s**t street (and has) without a feckin shovel, and none of the feckers that have gone would've been any use yesterday bar Adams.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

The Americans don't know who to buy, they're investors, full stop.

We need to open our eyes (yet again) to what DF is trying to sort out, and leave him to it, he's an ex footballer, and up to now is working wonders...YES !...There's a lot more to do, but in 7 weeks, i'm impressed.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Rook wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:25 pm What is happening with Helder Costa and Mateus Bogusz ?
Costa is leaving and Bogusz left last season.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Lufc76Cor
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Lufc76Cor »

Cjay wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:27 pm Not going well for our loaned out cowards

Brendan Aaronson sent off after 20 minutes

Llorente and Kristensen absolutely awful according to Roma fans 1st half vs Verona and both taken off at half time.

And a quote from The Athletic German football journalist 20 minutes ago.

Robin Koch is having a bad old time for Eintracht this afternoon. He clattered his own goalkeeper to gift Mainz the lead and has just been booked for a ridiculous lunge on the touchline.
Clearly they were taken on loan without ever having been watched, kinda like what Orta did when he negotiated, signed and over paid for them, maybe they all have similar directors of football who know nothing about football.

Union Berlin were winning 1-0 when the little girl got sent off and went on to win 4-1 away, they were clearly stronger without her.
No surprise about Llorente and Rasmus as both were terrible for us, although Llorente did play brilliant the last eleven games in our first season back in the Prem but something happened the following season and he never played well again, I couldn't understand how Rasmus is an international for Denmark so looked it up and it seems he only got called up due to a mass amount of withdrawals due to covid.

I thought Koch would do ok back in Germany as the standard of fowards in the lesser sides isn't the best so he probably wouldn't have to make so many last ditch tackles that he was making for us but failing so often
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

I remember this was a fun thread. We were following our brightest prospects in the championship. Guys like Charlie Cresswell. Now we're happy to have Cresswell in our squad.

And this thread is now the thread of ignominy. All about the s**t we don't care about any more. Personally I don't care about any of our loaned out players. Don't want any of those mercenaries back at Leeds.
Colloguy
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Colloguy »

Lufc76Cor wrote: Clearly they were taken on loan without ever having been watched, kinda like what Orta did when he negotiated, signed and over paid for them, maybe they all have similar directors of football who know nothing about football.

Union Berlin were winning 1-0 when the little girl got sent off and went on to win 4-1 away, they were clearly stronger without her.
No surprise about Llorente and Rasmus as both were terrible for us, although Llorente did play brilliant the last eleven games in our first season back in the Prem but something happened the following season and he never played well again, I couldn't understand how Rasmus is an international for Denmark so looked it up and it seems he only got called up due to a mass amount of withdrawals due to covid.

I thought Koch would do ok back in Germany as the standard of fowards in the lesser sides isn't the best so he probably wouldn't have to make so many last ditch tackles that he was making for us but failing so often
I feel there is going to be a time we will sell them at a loss and it it will hit our FFP as the way they are playing they are depreciating in price even more not going up in price.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I don't think 'cowards' is the right word.

I hope i'm right in saying DF shipped them out after watching our previous games, I feel Sinisterra, Willy and Adams were the only ones worth keeping, and Adams sold to raise money that DF can potentially get 3 of his own players for, Piroe being one of those.

The ones that have gone were probably pushed, and rapidly drove to the airport, if all i'm saying is correct, then DF and the 49er's are playing a blinder.

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Rasmus Kristensen dropped from the squad by Roma the other day.

Llorente played the full game and got 5 out of 10 ratings.

In the 3 games Wober has played for Borussia Mönchengladbach they have conceded 9 goals.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:58 pm Rasmus Kristensen dropped from the squad by Roma the other day.

In the 3 games Wober has played for Borussia Mönchengladbach they have conceded 9 goals.
Those mongs can stay where they are. We’ll take the hit on the money. It’s not our money after all
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

Cjay wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:58 pm Rasmus Kristensen dropped from the squad by Roma the other day.

Wober went off injured before Bayerns winner.

As much as it sticks in the craw, we need as many of the loans to play well ,even Sini. We need their value to increase.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Madron wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:23 pm Wober went off injured before Bayerns winner.

As much as it sticks in the craw, we need as many of the loans to play well ,even Sini. We need their value to increase.
Or, the way i see it - We don't want the fckers having to come back.

;@)
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Madron wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:23 pm Wober went off injured before Bayerns winner.

Also looks like they’re using him as a LB. FWIW...
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I know we need them to do well or they will be back here if promoted and draining our money.

But it makes me happy to see all these idiots who thought they were to good for us (after showing they were turd in the Prem) struggling.

Brendan Aaronson with another crap 1st half and got subbed at half time.

Luis Sinisterra getting splinters in his bum as Bournemouth lose.

Rasmus Kristensen and Diego Llorente getting meh reviews for Roma vs Torino.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:34 pm I know we need them to do well or they will be back here if promoted and draining our money.

But it makes me happy to see all these idiots who thought they were to good for us (after showing they were turd in the Prem) struggling.

Brendan Aaronson with another crap 1st half and got subbed at half time.

Luis Sinisterra getting splinters in his bum as Bournemouth lose.

Rasmus Kristensen and Diego Llorente getting meh reviews for Roma vs Torino.
Just goes to show how poor they are, either not performing well at their new club under yet another coach, or their managers don't even trust them to include them in their First XI.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

It's called 'cut your losses'

Now if i was DF i'd be telling the 49er's or whoever is responsible for 'ins and outs' to be looking to recoup (if that's the right word) whatever the fck they can asap, and hopefully that will be January, i'd treat it like a firesale, get them off the books even if it means accepting £0m or £1m.

In saying that, i have absolutely no idea about our financial state and where it would leave us.

;@)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:44 pm It's called 'cut your losses'

Now if i was DF i'd be telling the 49er's or whoever is responsible for 'ins and outs' to be looking to recoup (if that's the right word) whatever the fck they can asap, and hopefully that will be January, i'd treat it like a firesale, get them off the books even if it means accepting £0m or £1m.

In saying that, i have absolutely no idea about our financial state and where it would leave us.
Then we would massively fail ffp. Hence why we've had to loan them out.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

SG90 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:02 pm Then we would massively fail ffp. Hence why we've had to loan them out.
So we've gotta make money on Ortas shyte to make our books look good.

All the feckin cooks in the world aren't gonna be able to cook Ortas shyte.

Jeez anybody wanna hazard a guess what our plus+ and minus- column is gonna look like ?

Let's say we start with Aaronson and for easy reckoning say £25m, we sell him for £5m = We're down -£20m ? :sick:

So at a rough guess we're gonna be about -£60m ?

Doesn't bear thinking abart.

;@)
BlancdeBlanc
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BlancdeBlanc »

Sam Greenwood scores a stunner for Boro. He’s been a revelation in their games so far, back to striking like he did in the U23s a few years ago.