Leeds Utd 2-1 Bristol City - Post Match Debate

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Bristol City Match Thread - Ampadu & Rodon in Defence

Post by JoeDenver »

SG90 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:44 pm In an empty stadium. :roll: How many sitters did he miss last season which ended up relegating us?!
^^THIS^^

Nice lad, but he’s looking for an excuse too much these days (i.e., dives, etc.)
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Pullhard
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Bristol City Match Thread

Post by Pullhard »

Saw the second half. It was very entertain and played at 100 mph.
Great to see the re-born Rutter playing with such confidence.
Paddy looks very rusty and not at the pace of the game yet.
Archie is such a class act.
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Only 35 games to go
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

SG90 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:46 pm I don't understand this change. Why bring off a player who's been running them ragged?
This was my thought at the time. Really thought James had gone quiet and was tired, which is why I thought Poveda might be a good option at that moment.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:23 pm Games like that make Piroe worth so much more. Without him, we probably draw or maybe even lose that game. It's all well and good playing well and creating chances, but you need to score goals to win games.
86 shots 7 goals last 5 Leeds
12 shots per goal

63 shots 11 goals Leicester
5 shots per goal

Ipswich 91 shots 13 goals
7 shots per goal

At the minute that is an issue for us.

A little bit better conversion rate maybe we have an extra 3-4 points.

It's fine margins but it matters.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Looks like wheels are coming off a Preston

Blackburn lose 4 in a row and then win 4-0 away at QPR
Last edited by whiteinfrance on Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:48 pm I'm not above criticizing Bamford, but all he's ever done for us, really, is work his tail off. I'm glad he's on our team.
Agree with this as well. At the moment he just looks unfit and is looking for the foul as opposed to making the play. Honestly, just looks like he needs more training time to get up to speed.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

whiteinfrance wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:44 pm Looks like wheels are coming off a Preston

Blackburn lose 3 in a row and then win 4-0 away at QPR
QPR are appealing for a replay as the grass wasn’t green enough
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Ah the empty stadium drum gets beaten again.

It's like those conspiracy theories that people love

If it brings you a crumb of comfort carry on.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:42 pm 86 shots 7 goals last 5 Leeds
12 shots per goal

63 shots 11 goals Leicester
5 shots per goal

Ipswich 91 shots 13 goals
7 shots per goal

At the minute that is an issue for us.

A little bit better conversion rate maybe we have an extra 3-4 points.

It's fine margins but it matters.
People won't agree, but Georgi has already missed 3 big chances this season, 2 of which cost us 4 points. That's why we have to simply score our chances. Everyone else seems to v us.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

whiteinfrance wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:44 pm Looks like wheels are coming off a Preston

Blackburn lose 3 in a row and then win 4-0 away at QPR
Preston were never going to maintain it. Ipswich definitely will.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

We went at them all game today and that was the pleasing thing for me. Ok the missed chances could have cost us at the end but we never stopped attacking when we turned over the ball and i could sense bc were starting to wear down second half. i reckon another goal would have finished them mentally and we could have had a few more.

Credit thos to Bristol they actually came to make a game of it not just make up the numbers. They tried the press at times but couldn't maintain it which left us the space to run at them. They went direct towards the end of the game no problem with that and we held the line pretty well.

Thankfully for me not too much of that side to side back to the keeper stuff which keeps everyone engaged throughout. Cracking game of Championship football.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:48 pm People won't agree, but Georgi has already missed 3 big chances this season, 2 of which cost us 4 points. That's why we have to simply score our chances. Everyone else seems to v us.
He has and people will disagree over whether he and Piroe should swap, I think they should.

Bit of a Bamford scenario developing with Rutter, is what he costs you in goals worth it for what he does overall? Today because others took the chances absolutely because apart from the miss he was brilliant.

But we really do need him to take those easy chances because it can cost you points.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SG90 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:48 pm People won't agree, but Georgi has already missed 3 big chances this season, 2 of which cost us 4 points. That's why we have to simply score our chances. Everyone else seems to v us.
I'm one of them. It's not just down to Georgi to score. The rest should be grabbing goals. I'm not into blaming individual players
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:57 pm He has and people will disagree over whether he and Piroe should swap, I think they should.

Bit of a Bamford scenario developing with Rutter, is what he costs you in goals worth it for what he does overall? Today because others took the chances absolutely because apart from the miss he was brilliant.

But we really do need him to take those easy chances because it can cost you points.
It seems Piroe is our only clinical finisher.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:00 pm I'm one of them. It's not just down to Georgi to score. The rest should be grabbing goals. I'm not into blaming individual players
It seems like we're becoming too reliant on Piroe already
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Just saw the brief highlights.
Great strength & agility from Rutter for the first. Reminds me a little of Zidane the way he uses his body. For his miss it looks like a dodgy bounce, like at Wimbledon tennis, bounces higher than he expects and hits him on the shin & balloons up in the air. Not that bad. Had zero time to react.
Piroe clever for the second, like Sinisterra ( :shhh: ) used to be.
Last edited by Jaydog on Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Just had a flick back to the beginning of the thread, and notice several members trying to formulate the formation after the team was announced, exactly like we all were in the pub before the game, exactly like we all were walking down to the ground and then me and Mr 64 in the ground 😂😂😂
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

SG90 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:03 pm It seems like we're becoming too reliant on Piroe already
Wouldn't want that would we matey, we need him to be unreliable at scoring goals, then we could have a real good moan, one of those moans with froth coming out our mouths, an epic Shakespearean moan that would shame King Lear... the moans of a thousand lost souls pouring their hearts out on the psychiatrists couch... a moan that could split the atom.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Sean_Nile wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:33 pm Wouldn't want that would we matey, we need him to be unreliable at scoring goals, then we could have a real good moan, one of those moans with froth coming out our mouths, an epic Shakespearean moan that would shame King Lear... the moans of a thousand lost souls pouring their hearts out on the psychiatrists couch... a moan that could split the atom.
:lol: