Leeds Utd v Queens Park Rangers Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Queens Park Rangers Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Just watched the first-half.

We were in so much control, with some lovely passes & moves. Geoginino as lively as ever & so impressed wih Anthony's display on his first start from the off.

Rodon's pace at the back is phenomenal.

We deserved to be at least two goals up at half-time,

The Hoops offered nothing
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:15 pm Horrible fizzy stuff.
There's the key word... fizzy, beer should not be fizzy nor should it be cold
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:20 pm Just watched the first-half.

We were in so much control, with some lovely passes & moves. Geoginino as lively as ever & so impressed wih Anthony's display on his first start from the off.

Rodon's pace at the back is phenomenal.

We deserved to be at least two goals up at half-time,

The Hoops offered nothing
Really enjoyed the 1st half. Watching 2nd half now. Boring enough that I'm reading this thread and responding while watching.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

2nd half was a little dire but we had plenty of chances. More in the 1st half but a few in the 2nd too. QPR offered nothing. Really ought to have been 3 or 4 nil.

Pretty pleased overall. Composed at the back. Ampadu was excellent again. Gray had a decent game. Piroe didn't do much but the other 3 all looked lively. More proof that Rutter is finding his feet. Summerville was excellent. And Anthony looks like a starter now.

Even pleased with Bamford's performance. He looks good physically. Just hope he can string some games together and get his sharpness back.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Disappointing second-half, we never looked like conceding, though QPR had one half-chance late in the game which seem to hit Meslier's chest.

Such a shame Anthony was subbed in the 64th minute, Jaidon is a class act, a level above James & Poveda.

Bamford gave our attacking play more punch upfront, coming on for the disappointing Piroe, yet again.

The rest of our team put in a decent shift, we just didn't have the cutting edge to give us the respectable scoreline we deserved.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:13 pm Disappointing second-half, we never looked like conceding, though QPR had one half-chance late in the game which seem to hit Meslier's chest.

Such a shame Anthony was subbed in the 64th minute, Jaidon is a class act, a level above James & Poveda.

Bamford gave our attacking play more punch upfront, coming on for the disappointing Piroe, yet again.

The rest of our team put in a decent shift, we just didn't have the cutting edge to give us the respectable scoreline we deserved.
Agree with you on Anthony and Bamford. Heard Anthony was an ankle injury. If he's fit, I make him a starter again on Saturday.

Will be interesting to see how Bamford/Piroe plays out. Nice we can ease Paddy back in. Probably 30 again on Saturday. Then he's got the international break. Who starts if both are 100% ? Paddy definitely looked a lot livelier yesterday. Everyone bangs on about Piroe scoring more goals. But remember Bamford has played at a higher level. As long as Paddy stays fit it will be great to have both options.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:26 pm Agree with you on Anthony and Bamford. Heard Anthony was an ankle injury. If he's fit, I make him a starter again on Saturday.

Will be interesting to see how Bamford/Piroe plays out. Nice we can ease Paddy back in. Probably 30 again on Saturday. Then he's got the international break. Who starts if both are 100% ? Paddy definitely looked a lot livelier yesterday. Everyone bangs on about Piroe scoring more goals. But remember Bamford has played at a higher level. As long as Paddy stays fit it will be great to have both options.
The interesting thing is they're not in direct competition atm. Bamford is a nine, Piroe currently playing the 10
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Sean_Nile wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:28 am To quote Farke
It was not champagne football
It was Proper Pint football
and sometimes you have to be satisfied with that.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
I'm even more partial to this description of yesterday's match BBC Radio Leed's Jonny Buchan on the "Don't Go To Bed Just Yet" podcast:

"A dirty pint rather than champagne. People are saying this game felt very Championshippy."

After all, a dirty pint will do the trick, you just might feel a little s**ttier the next morning :sick:

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0gjj293
In Farke we trust...
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:04 pm I've only seen it once and want to see it again in real time, my first impression was PB knocked the ball forward, then realised he was about to potentially get clattered and went into 'avoid the incoming kick mode, which he did by diving out the way, then realised 'hold on i could claim for this, it looks like he booted me'...and the ref then also thought in real time he'd been booted.

It was a split second thing and instinctive reactions.
Probably something near that Kenny but he does have form Bamford. I appreciate its become part of the modern game but i can't imagine Berardi diving around. Watching it back it was a wild lung by their keeper although i think that's because he knew he wouldn't get there. Paddy should just swerve him and stay on his feet and not go down like he was shot.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Leeds1000 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:23 pm Probably something near that Kenny but he does have form Bamford. I appreciate its become part of the modern game but i can't imagine Berardi diving around. Watching it back it was a wild lung by their keeper although i think that's because he knew he wouldn't get there. Paddy should just swerve him and stay on his feet and not go down like he was shot.
Yes he has form, and that's when players come unstuck when something is undeserved like this instance.

How many players in any game today will try and win a free kick for something soft they could easily ride, it's sadly part of the game mainly down to continental soft twats.

Bambi looks like he made a meal of it, he didn't, it looked like a meal though ;-)

Go in your garden for the craic, throw yourself up in the air as if to head a ball, then midair try and twist your body to avoid an imaginary kung-fu challenge coming in and see how you land.

Your neighbours will think you're a feckin spastic and might ring the nutward, but you'll see it's quite a feat to do.

Please report back with your findings :tup:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Leeds1000 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:23 pm Probably something near that Kenny but he does have form Bamford. I appreciate its become part of the modern game but i can't imagine Berardi diving around. Watching it back it was a wild lung by their keeper although i think that's because he knew he wouldn't get there. Paddy should just swerve him and stay on his feet and not go down like he was shot.
If you look at the action, if PB had not nicked the ball away from the keeper whilst up in the air and tried a swerve instead (not sure how he could do that and still be going for the ball BTW), then in all probability the keeper would be coming flying out as he was, a boot aimed dangerously high at knee or hip height to the forward and might have got the ball and / or PB or perhaps connecting neither. Does not take away the fact that it was dangerous play and anywhere else on the pith should be a Yellow card. The Ref got it wrong thing that Bamford had been clipped and sent the keeper off which I believe has been since rescinded.

In this instance it wasn't a dive by Bamford IMHO and it isn't fair that fingers are pointing at him
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:22 am Yes he has form, and that's when players come unstuck when something is undeserved like this instance.

How many players in any game today will try and win a free kick for something soft they could easily ride, it's sadly part of the game mainly down to continental soft twats.

Bambi looks like he made a meal of it, he didn't, it looked like a meal though ;-)

Go in your garden for the craic, throw yourself up in the air as if to head a ball, then midair try and twist your body to avoid an imaginary kung-fu challenge coming in and see how you land.

Your neighbours will think you're a feckin spastic and might ring the nutward, but you'll see it's quite a feat to do.

Please report back with your findings :tup:
Tried it Kenneth. Stayed on my feet. His head was nowhere near the ball he tried to hook it with his foot left foot then decided to throw himself to the ground. Case closed on my behalf. ;-)
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

PhoenixUnited wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:04 am If you look at the action, if PB had not nicked the ball away from the keeper whilst up in the air and tried a swerve instead (not sure how he could do that and still be going for the ball BTW), then in all probability the keeper would be coming flying out as he was, a boot aimed dangerously high at knee or hip height to the forward and might have got the ball and / or PB or perhaps connecting neither. Does not take away the fact that it was dangerous play and anywhere else on the pith should be a Yellow card. The Ref got it wrong thing that Bamford had been clipped and sent the keeper off which I believe has been since rescinded.

In this instance it wasn't a dive by Bamford IMHO and it isn't fair that fingers are pointing at him
We are in disagreement Phoenix. ;-) If he puts him left foot back on the ground instead of throwing himself on the floor he just carries on. I will give you Bamford may have been in fear of their keeper catching him.... but he didn't touch him. So for me there is no reason to go to ground.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:19 pm Tried it Kenneth. Stayed on my feet. His head was nowhere near the ball he tried to hook it with his foot left foot then decided to throw himself to the ground. Case closed on my behalf. ;-)
You've lost me, but your gardens obviously not large enough.

Case re-opened, court of appeal.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

At which point does he use his head Kenneth?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOT4kUiKZEk&t=123s
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:23 pm We are in disagreement Phoenix. ;-) If he puts him left foot back on the ground instead of throwing himself on the floor he just carries on. I will give you Bamford may have been in fear of their keeper catching him.... but he didn't touch him. So for me there is no reason to go to ground.
Ah well it's all academic and water under the bridge. It's also the controversy that keeps it all interesting :)
Keep The Faith MOT WAL