Leeds vs QPR player ratings

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Leeds vs QPR player ratings

Post by Cjay »

Plus any individual analysis

Meslier
Ayling
Rodon
Struijk
Byram
Ampadu
Gray
Summerville
Rutter
Anthony
Piroe

Bamford
James
Cresswell
Poveda
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds vs QPR player ratings

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier - 7.5
Ayling - 5
Byram - 7
Ampadu - 8.5
Rodon - 8
Struijk - 9.5
Summerville - 8*
Gray - 8.5
Piroe - 6*
Rutter - 8.5
Anthony - 8*

Bamford - 7
James - 6.5
Poveda - 6
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Another game i didn't really enjoy. It just had that flat feel again. We need to find the urgency to hurt poor teams like QPR Because things get tetchy towards the end. We lacked something tonight. We looked a mile of the consistency needed.

Meslier 7: One crucial save at the end. Only one other shot to deal with. A nice catch at the end to steady things.
Ayling 5: Poor passes, foul throws, poor control and that was just first half. Never dull with Bill.
Rodon 7: Good to see him back nice and solid. A few more backwards passes than normal
Struijk 8: Another good game from Pascal.
Byram 7:
Ampadu 7: A few too many back passes for my liking but did his usual solid interception stuff.
Gray 7:
Summerville 7: Should have scored that second chance. Poor second half on the whole.
Rutter 7: Good in spells. Great ball over the top for Bamford dive.
Anthony 8: Juts shaded Pascal for mom. I was surprised to see him go off.
Piroe 5: Another largely ineffective game.

For whatever reason the urgency & fluency wasn't on show tonight. One goal is always a tricky scorline but game management was made easy by an extremely poor QPR side.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Leeds1000 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:17 pm Another game i didn't really enjoy. It just had that flat feel again. We need to find the urgency to hurt poor teams like QPR Because things get tetchy towards the end. We lacked something tonight. We looked a mile of the consistency needed.

Meslier 7: One crucial save at the end. Only one other shot to deal with. A nice catch at the end to steady things.
Ayling 5: Poor passes, foul throws, poor control and that was just first half. Never dull with Bill.
Rodon 7: Good to see him back nice and solid. A few more backwards passes than normal
Struijk 8: Another good game from Pascal.
Byram 7:
Ampadu 7: A few too many back passes for my liking but did his usual solid interception stuff.
Gray 7:
Summerville 7: Should have scored that second chance. Poor second half on the whole.
Rutter 7: Good in spells. Great ball over the top for Bamford dive.
Anthony 8: Juts shaded Pascal for mom. I was surprised to see him go off.
Piroe 5: Another largely ineffective game.

For whatever reason the urgency & fluency wasn't on show tonight. One goal is always a tricky scorline but game management was made easy by an extremely poor QPR side.
Struijk wasn't it? There was a lovely Rutter through ball for Paddy's left foot drive
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

It may have been Faiip. I wasn't sat on the edge of my seat taking this one in.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Leeds1000 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:26 pm It may have been Faiip. I wasn't sat on the edge of my seat taking this one in.
:tup:
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Nobody played badly tonight (apart from Piroe who was completely invisible), but nobody really shone either, so very average marks from me this time:

Meslier 6: didn’t have much to do but what he had to do he did competently enough.
Ayling 5: heavily involved most of the time but his poor ball control tended to let him down more often than not.
Rodon 6: another solid and unspectacular game (doesn’t need to be spectacular - solid will do)
Struijk 7: good game defensively and carried the ball out of defence on occasion (sometimes unassuredly) to try and build attacks.
Byram 6: competent.
Ampadu 7: decent game as usual.
Gray 6: did the simple things well but didn’t try anything progressive or out of the ordinary.
Summerville 7: started well in his usual livewire way but faded, extra point for the goal.
Piroe 3: did nothing of note.
Anthony 7: as good as anybody on the pitch (not saying much tbh) and created some good moments - promising but couldn’t quite go to an 8.
Rutter 7: was going to be an 8 until he completed disappeared from the game when pushed out onto the wing.

Subs -
Bamford 7: showed more in his 20 minutes on the pitch than Piroe did in his 65. Naughty to get their goalie sent off but it didn’t alter the course of the match.
James 6: got himself involved but not that effectively.
Poveda n/a

Unconvincing overall - a win’s a win but QPR were no great shakes.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Meslier - 7.5 Stepped up on those few occasions when called upon
Ayling - 5.5
Byram - 7
Ampadu - 8 Ampadu, Rodon, Gray, and Struijk give us a very solid core in the middle of the field. Do not break up this quartet.
Rodon - 8
Struijk - 9
Summerville - 8
Gray - 8.5
Piroe - 6
Rutter - 8
Anthony - 8

Bamford - 7 Made a great play in stoppage time to break up an attack.
James - 7
Poveda - 6
Scott
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Scott »

Meslier 7 - Hard for Meslier to shine when we are playing such a poor side, but he made 2 saves & kept a clean sheet.
Ayling 6 - I can't remember the last time I watched Ayling and wasn't both impressed and annoyed. Feels like a talented, but mistake prone youngster.
Rodon 7
Struijk 8 - Really good season from Pascal so far
Byram 7
Ampadu 7
Gray 7 - Liked his positioning early on, at times it looked like we were back playing 4-1-4-1. A little more pragmatic after we scored.
Summerville 7 - Could have scored 2, needs to practice his set pieces.
Rutter 8 - Starting to feel like he is our new Pablo, every time he gets the ball you wonder what might happen.
Anthony 7 - Good game.
Piroe 6 - Doesn't look like he is in good touch, but still pops up in scoring positions.

Bamford 6 - What do you make of that performance? Bit upset at his dive, not because it's cheating (although, I don't want to see that), but because it was an open goal chance for 2-0.
James 6 -
Cresswell n/a
Poveda 6
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by pjm2019 »

Meslier - 7: clean sheet so high score BUT always worry with the ball at his feet. He needs to do Long kick outs lots more rather than play out at the back.
Ayling - 5 he is a right back yet he does not get back quicl enough when he is far up the field and we lose the ball and why he moves into the centre and leaves the right back area empty.
Byram - 7
Ampadu - 7.5
Rodon - 7
Struijk - 7.5
Summerville - 7 good goal but little more
Gray - 7.5
Piroe - 6
Rutter - 6.5 close ball control when receiving is poor, He always thinks he can dribble past everyone, needs to pass more
Anthony - 7.5

Bamford - 7
James - 6.5
Poveda - 6

We need to play with a lot more pace
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Meslier 7
Ayling 7
Rodon 8
Struijk 8
Byram 8
Ampadu 9
Gray 7
Summerville 8
Rutter 8
Anthony 8
Piroe 6

Bamford 7
James 7
Cresswell
Poveda
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:03 pm Ampadu 9
I'm glad you've noticed Ampadu's immense display, Andrew, I'm tempted with a ten, I'll probably get shot down though.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Good
34 successful forward passes :gold:
13 most decent passes :gold:
13 most ball recoveries :gold:
06 defensive headers
05 most interceptions :gold:
05 most tackles :gold:
04 most excellent passes :gold:
03 runs
01 defensive clearance
01 block

Bad
2 poor passes
1 lost possession

Summary
Normal service resumes for Ampadu du - 51 decent actions in 90 minutes of football, Ethan is probably the most involved player in the team, this is more than what any fan would expect from a midfielder. Once again, he is the glue that holds us together. IMMENSE! :clap:

His performance deserves much more than 7/10 :shock:

9.5/10
1964white

Post by 1964white »

7.0 Meslier
7.0 Ayling
8.5 Byram
9.5 Ampadu
9.0 Rodon
9.0 Struijk