Leeds Utd v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Post match discussion

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Cooper returns in place of Struijk

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:29 am Why ?

Go on nail it for me - Why were we sloppy ? What did you see ?
Poor passing.
Conceding the ball cheaply.
Overplaying in & around their box.
Poor shooting.
Not picking up runners on two or three occasions.
Excessive showboating.

Even Farke made similar points, particularly about the second-half.
1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Cooper returns in place of Struijk

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:28 am Jeez Sid how long have you been watching the game ?

Every single team in the world including Citeh, Liverpool, Madrid and Barcelona are not as strong without their BEST eleven, what do you want blood ?.
Yes they are strong beyond their first XI, they have subs that can make an impact.

How often do our subs make a difference? we become worse!

Anyway to be fair, we can't be compared to those money-bag clubs, they are in a totally different league to us.

Take one of Ampadu, Rodon, Summerville & Rutter out of our team, I suspect we'll witness a decline in our performances, as I doubt the likes of Greve, Cooper, Gnonto & Anthony would be as effective over a sustained period.

I maybe totally wrong!
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:45 am Poor passing.
Conceding the ball cheaply.
Overplaying in & around their box.
Poor shooting.
Not picking up runners on two or three occasions.
Excessive showboating.

Even Farke made similar points, particularly about the second-half.
But nowt to do with Plymouth ?

And damn right DF should make those points, it's what he's paid to do, we all saw it, now get the players in and try and iron them out.

Ready fert next one.

We ain't gonna have it all our own way Sid, we bossed the game v Leicester, but look at the save Les Mes had to pull off at the end to stop it finishing all level.

The overall play of ours was ok, mainly in the first half yes where we could've/should've had more, the second half more scrappy which was more down to them than us, tis football Sid, their manager got them in and they looked different in the 2nd half, I'm sure the Leeds players will be going over the game this week and why.

And get yourself prepared - We will be weaker and more vulnerable if we lose some key players, and that will last until we can keep bolstering our team and squad, i don't want you having heart attack :tup:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:06 pm i don't want you having heart attack :tup:
Thank you, Kenny boy. :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Post match discussion

Post by The Subhuman »

s**t how did we lose that ..I left with 11 minute to go !!!
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:55 am Yes they are strong beyond their first XI, they have subs that can make an impact.

How often do our subs make a difference? we become worse!

Anyway to be fair, we can't be compared to those money-bag clubs, they are in a totally different league to us.

Take one of Ampadu, Rodon, Summerville & Rutter out of our team, I suspect we'll witness a decline in our performances, as I doubt the likes of Greve, Cooper, Gnonto & Anthony would be as effective over a sustained period.

I maybe totally wrong!

There's no 'maybe' about it Sid.

Now go and get them jamjars fixed on that telebox of yours, get that second half replayed as per, and report back here with all your findings as to where we capitulated in the 2nd half.

There's a good chap, i can't wait :tup:

I'm itching to know myself - Where did it all go wrong (George Bests Bellboy) ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Leeds United must make a permanent move for Joe Rodon after the on-loan defender put in an “outstanding” display in the 2-1 victory against Plymouth on Saturday 11 November.

Rodon was imperious in the air and proved his worth in a week when The Athletic journalist Phil Hay claimed the Yorkshire side could explore the possibility of a permanent move, although Spurs asked for £50million. [The Square Ball, 9 November]

That £50million price tag slapped on his head by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy
may be out of Leeds’ reach, particularly if they do not achieve promotion this season, but he is showing his worth to Leeds and they could be tempted to go big in an attempt to keep him at Elland Road next season.

If he keeps up displays like that one, there will be no doubt he is worth whatever the 49ers decide to spend on his transfer when it comes to it.

:shock:

;@)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:24 pm There's no 'maybe' about it Sid.

Now go and get them jamjars fixed on that telebox of yours, get that second half replayed as per, and report back here with all your findings as to where we capitulated in the 2nd half.

There's a good chap, i can't wait :tup:

I'm itching to know myself - Where did it all go wrong (George Bests Bellboy) ?
I'll be watching a replay this evening.

Bowls coaching/practice this afternoon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:28 pm Leeds United must make a permanent move for Joe Rodon after the on-loan defender put in an “outstanding” display in the 2-1 victory against Plymouth on Saturday 11 November.

Rodon was imperious in the air and proved his worth in a week when The Athletic journalist Phil Hay claimed the Yorkshire side could explore the possibility of a permanent move, although Spurs asked for £50million. [The Square Ball, 9 November]

That £50million price tag slapped on his head by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy
may be out of Leeds’ reach, particularly if they do not achieve promotion this season, but he is showing his worth to Leeds and they could be tempted to go big in an attempt to keep him at Elland Road next season.

If he keeps up displays like that one, there will be no doubt he is worth whatever the 49ers decide to spend on his transfer when it comes to it.

:shock:
I did say Levy was greedy. If he was a £50m player, they would be starting him every week. I can't imagine he'd be happy at being priced out of a move, when he's not even in their plans.
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

SG90 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:02 pm I did say Levy was greedy. If he was a £50m player, they would be starting him every week. I can't imagine he'd be happy at being priced out of a move, when he's not even in their plans.
There is a big difference in the way that the likes of Daniel Levy and, for example, clueless folk like Radrizzani, Orta and Kinnear go about their transfer business :lol: :lol: :lol: . I don't think it's a question of greed but a case of being a hard nosed businessman

Be interesting to see where the 49rs are on this scale
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

50m. Thought we were getting him for 10-15m.
Difference of opinion to say the least
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

PhoenixUnited wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:29 pm There is a big difference in the way that the likes of Daniel Levy and, for example, clueless folk like Radrizzani, Orta and Kinnear go about their transfer business :lol: :lol: :lol: . I don't think it's a question of greed but a case of being a hard nosed businessman

Be interesting to see where the 49rs are on this scale
If they think he's a £50m player, then Rodon should demand £300k a week wages.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

:!: :!: READ ALL ABART TIT READ ALL ABART TIT :!: ....... :!: PREMIER LEAGUE SHOCKA !!

HIGH FLYING SPURS AND NEWCASTLE HAVE TO FCK AROUND WITH THEIR FIRST 11 THROUGH INJURIES AND SUSPENSIONS !

AND GUESS WHAT HAPPENS.....READ ALL ABART TIT ! !

GORMLESS FANS GO FECKIN MENTAL AND WANT TO SEND TRIPPIER TO THE GALLOWS !.......READ ALL ABART TIT

SPURS SACK ANGE POSTE !! ....READ ALL ABART TIT :!: :siren:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67393481

;@)
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:36 pm 50m. Thought we were getting him for 10-15m.
Difference of opinion to say the least
Apparently we could have bought him for 15 million in the summer. But Levy now knows his worth and he will squeeze every penny possible out of a sale.

I think we will be very fortunate to get him for less that 30 million. I can see another Ben White episode developing - especially if we get promoted.
Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bongo1874 »

Great result 👏
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Final watched today. We could easily have had 5.

Rutter was excellent but does need to improve in front of goal.