Leeds United v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds United v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread

Post by Chilli D »

Only saw the second half but disappointing result.
It looked like we were going through the motions until they scored and then we stepped it up again.
A midweek away trip to Plymouth is about as bad as it gets.
I thought Poveda looked lively when he came on.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

1964white wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:01 pm If youre not efficient, this is what you get.

Glad I was too ill to go :-D
As if you weren't feeling sick enough already
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:56 pm So much for the home draw...
Glad I was unable to attend, even though I've lost my ticket money & coach fare.

I'd have blown a fuse & been confronted with the journey home.

I can go to sleep now :sleep:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:00 pm Twice in ten days :roll:

Serves them right.
Yep they thought they could coast second half whereas Plymouth were proactive

Just boo
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Annoying is that, think I would have honestly rather let them have it than have to trek all the way down there twice in a few weeks.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:00 pm Twice in ten days :roll:

Serves them right.
Well for all these folks who say the squad is good enough, we don't need additions, blah, blah, this draw should be great news.

It gives our back up lads more match time.

I 100% believe they are gonna try and wing it and not bring anyone in during this window.
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

Gnonto needed replacing sooner.

Our high press was allowing Plymouth to leave players lurking in wide open spaces, unmarked with oceans of space to gobble up, along with an equaliser.

Fair play to Plymouth they defended well and earned a replay, big payday and a possible scalp to hang in the trophy cabinet. 😁
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

End of the days we should have had the game in the bag first half. Not surprised the performance dipped second half as it is always hard to keep up the intensity when it is so easy. Just one of those days and at least Gnonto, Cooper and Anthony got good run outs. Might not be a bad thing to have a replay as they can get more game time. Ipswich losing to Maidstone is a shocker and regardless of our result our performance was good enough for us to have won comfortably.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Do we really need to be in this cup when we have no chance of winning it, we risk injuries and more additional games to play.

Personally I'd rather be out of the cup and concentrate on promotion.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

White Riot wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:12 pm Well for all these folks who say the squad is good enough, we don't need additions, blah, blah, this draw should be great news.

I 100% believe they are gonna try and wing it and not bring anyone in during this window.
It's obvious we are short in a few areas.

Neither Anthony nor Gnonto want to play right wing.

Nobody else can play 10 but Rutter.

Full back is light.

But we should have been more proactive second half, both players and Farke.
Signed

King Cjay

Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

White Riot wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:12 pm Well for all these folks who say the squad is good enough, we don't need additions, blah, blah, this draw should be great news.

:roflmao:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

1964white wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:01 pm If youre not efficient, this is what you get.

Glad I was too ill to go :-D
Watching that won’t have helped your recovery. Hope you’re back on your feet soon, Barlow Boy was missing you.
Keeping The Faith
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

I can't imagine this is by design, WR. DF has expressed his thoughts on what we need multiple times and given how they've handled everything else so far, I can't imagine the higher ups are just ignoring his wishes. Seems more likely to me that they know exactly what they want and are being deliberate in going after who that might be. That also doesn't mean they are guaranteed to get what they want. However, I'd rather have this than the headless chicken approach from the previous yahoos.
In Farke we trust...
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

2nd string lacked match fitness for the 2nd half, 1st string were all ok throughout.

Was a good run out for all.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:08 pm Yep they thought they could coast second half whereas Plymouth were proactive

Just boo
Plus Bristol City & Swansea in two weeks.

2000 miles of travel.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Broad Ford wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:13 pm Gnonto needed replacing sooner.

Our high press was allowing Plymouth to leave players lurking in wide open spaces, unmarked with oceans of space to gobble up, along with an equaliser.

Fair play to Plymouth they defended well and earned a replay, big payday and a possible scalp to hang in the trophy cabinet. 😁
Yes, where were our full-backs & wingers for their goal, oh I forgot all four of them were rested or injured.

We were left totally exposed.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:28 pm Watching that won’t have helped your recovery. Hope you’re back on your feet soon, Barlow Boy was missing you.
I know he was Cussie, had a text from him & he sent me some photos.

On my third hot toddy now :tumbler:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:16 pm End of the days we should have had the game in the bag first half. Not surprised the performance dipped second half as it is always hard to keep up the intensity when it is so easy. Just one of those days and at least Gnonto, Cooper and Anthony got good run outs. Might not be a bad thing to have a replay as they can get more game time. Ipswich losing to Maidstone is a shocker and regardless of our result our performance was good enough for us to have won comfortably.
What is even more shocking about their cup exit, they brought on Chaplin, Burns & Davis immediately after they had equalised :lol:
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:21 pm It's obvious we are short in a few areas.

Neither Anthony nor Gnonto want to play right wing.

Nobody else can play 10 but Rutter.

Full back is light.

But we should have been more proactive second half, both players and Farke.
Most modern day wingers prefer to play inverted. Getting to the byline is the role of the overlapping full back these days. Gnonto prefers to play inverted as does Anthony. I would not judge Gnonto on the right he has always been more effective on the left. James is as far as I know, the only Left footed winger we have after off loading Harrison.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:45 pm Most modern day wingers prefer to play inverted. Getting to the byline is the role of the overlapping full back these days. Gnonto prefers to play inverted as does Anthony. I would not judge Gnonto on the right he has always been more effective on the left. James is as far as I know, the only Left footed winger we have after off loading Harrison.
James is right footed, he just happens to have the one thing those traditional wingers need, pace.

If he hadn't that pace he'd struggle as he isn't particularly skillful or good at tricking his pay past his man to cross.

I agree and I don't judge Gnonto for his performance right side, he's never been a right winger.

It's why I hope the interest in Brooks or Benson is genuine as they are left footed right wingers able to play 10.

Something we haven't got now.
Signed

King Cjay