Free weekend

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mentalcase

Free weekend

Post by mentalcase »

Crikey, another football topic.
23rd March we have a free weekend to fit an England friendly in, ffs, we are forced to lake 3 games this week, risking injury / burnout, then we have a free weekend for a friendly !!
Does this make any sense !!
Why not cram it into midweek, they complain of too many fixtures yet except this s**t.
I wonder how many will pull out of said fixture ?
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Free weekend

Post by 1964white »

International football used to be played in midweek & not interfere with the domestic fixtures, many moons ago.

Farke needs to pull a stunt & claim Leeds have a sickness bug in the camp, with our players going nowhere.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

1964white wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:00 pm International football used to be played in midweek & not interfere with the domestic fixtures, many moons ago.

Farke needs to pull a stunt & claim Leeds have a sickness bug in the camp, with our players going nowhere.
What a cracking idea :clap:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

The most irritating thing about the next International break is that our Welsh contingent Rodon, Roberts, Ampadu and James will have perhaps intensive Euro qualifiers then. A Semi with Finland and then a Final against Poland or Estonia five days later.

Recipe for disaster
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I absolutely hate....hate these pointless internationals.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Over the last few years I have completely lost any interest in Internationa football, I never watch any of the games and care nothing about the results. They are just an annoying interference in my book.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

60sUnited wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:30 am Over the last few years I have completely lost any interest in Internationa football, I never watch any of the games and care nothing about the results. They are just an annoying interference in my book.
Me neither, although I do get into the major championships (even put up my wall chart etc 😁).
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:13 pm The most irritating thing about the next International break is that our Welsh contingent Rodon, Roberts, Ampadu and James will have perhaps intensive Euro qualifiers then. A Semi with Finland and then a Final against Poland or Estonia five days later.

Recipe for disaster
Thats what I thought Ian, what could go wrong !!
Hopefully DF does as said above with the sickness bug, doubt that will happen for something major like the euros though.
Good job we have back up with Cooper, Cresswell, Gray, Gnonto