Leeds Vs Millwall Post match discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Vs Millwall Post match discussion

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:33 pm Lads did very well standing up to the Millwall thuggery.

Could have gone into hiding but stood up to it.

For context the most fouls per game this season is unsurprisingly Millwall (13)

Today 21.

Bunch of cloggers
Weird that the ref was fairly even with the yellow cards. 4-3. One team was quite a bit dirtier than the other.

Firpo's yellow should not have been

Gnonto only got a yellow because the ref did nothing about their player sitting on him

Don't remember Gruev's

Cooper on the other hand coudl have had four yellows. One especially for a knee in the face that should have been a penalty.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

The Subhuman wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:49 pm
That's brilliant. I did see him in the crowd. Great that he mingled with the fans like that. Good t see where his heart is at. True Leeds legend.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

whiteswan wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:27 pm He did. He groaned and then commentator said "it means" and before he could get the words out Dixon said " I know what it means and the commentator then started rattling off real chances, opportunities, actual shots on goal etc. I loved it. You could tell that Lee had no time for it.
Lee Dixon does premier league commentary over here. Him, Graham Le Saux and Peter Drury. Just curious. Do they do premier league commentary for Sky too?
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

weasel wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:43 pm He does. Paddy has his strengths and weaknesses, just like any player on the pitch or the bench.

I think it was Leigh Bromby who made an excellent point anout Gnonto after the match and it was about how Gnonto had improved on his defensive side of the game and how no player can be a passenger in the Leeds side no matter how good they are. We have an excellent team who may be a bit inconsitent at times with the end product but always give everything - that for me is why I think if we get promoted the key to how well we do is keeping the heart of this team/squad. You don't want players coming in who may be loads better but won't work hard. We need to add quality that alsohas the right attitude and work ethos, Connor Roberts being a prime example of how to get it right and Djed Spence an example of how to get it wrong.
The work rate of Farke's side. The willingness to bust a gut, get back and defend. Is night and day over last season's Leeds. The year we dodged relegation, there was still that Bielsa ethos in them. The boys that got promoted still playing for pride and the legacy of a manager who'd got sacked a few weeks earlier. It was sickening to see the lack of desire last season. The number of times we lost the ball and midfielders didn't make the run back. Tyler Adams was an exception. But once he got injured there was no work ethic in that team. Blame it on people like Roca or McKennie. Or blame it on Jessie Marsch. But it's so refreshing to see what Farke has brought to this team this season. He's brought in the right people. And he's got people like Summerville and Gnonto to play the whole game. Hell. I know I blame Marsch now. He sent Dan James out on loan and brought in Aaronson. Not that Aaronson didn't have the work ethic. But Dan James is definitely a better man to have in the squad.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:14 pm That's brilliant. I did see him in the crowd. Great that he mingled with the fans like that. Good t see where his heart is at. True Leeds legend.
Bill put £2000 in the till to buy a drink for everyone!

What a bloke 8-)
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Just had a Quick Look at the Millwall forum. It appears to be mandatory to use the C word in your post to A. describe the ref B. Describe the opposition players or C. The opposition fans.

Makes me laugh they describe Leeds as a Khazi - I know Bermondsey very well - in the land of SH’s that place is right up there. Couple of decent curry houses though.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:37 pm Bill put £2000 in the till to buy a drink for everyone!

What a bloke 8-)
Top bloke. Will always love that man. Unless he comes back to haunt us one day. Hell. I'd probably still enjoy seeing him score against us at ER.

Somebody else did the Peacock round thing recently too. Was it the basketball player Larry Nance Jr?
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:44 pm Just had a Quick Look at the Millwall forum. It appears to be mandatory to use the C word in your post to A. describe the ref B. Describe the opposition players or C. The opposition fans.

Makes me laugh they describe Leeds as a Khazi - I know Bermondsey very well - in the land of SH’s that place is right up there. Couple of decent curry houses though.
I grew up in the old East End and we always hated Bermondsey (South London in general). It was a proper shithole back in the day and mainly full of w**kers. It's probably changed a bit now, but still full of tossers mind.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Overman wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:16 pm I grew up in the old East End and we always hated Bermondsey (South London in general). It was a proper shithole back in the day and mainly full of w**kers. It's probably changed a bit now, but still full of tossers mind.
The Old Den was a proper frightening place for away fans back in the day. Full of psycho fans looking to land one on you at any given moment.
I haven't been to the New Den but a lot of Bermondsey has been redeveloped in recent times.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Millwall head coach Neil Harris told BBC Radio London:

"I thought Leeds deserved to win the game, I thought they were the better team over the 90 miutes.

"We had spells where i was really pleased - the application, attitude, belief of players was really good.

"I thought we stood up to the challenge of Leeds United, not just on the pitch and bench but the fanbase as well.

"My only disappointment is that we conceded goals at poor times, I thought we were on top in both halves when we conceded."

Seems Neil Harris has a bigger brain than all the Millwall fans put together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Who is this idiot?

That poor dog.

Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:36 pm Who is this idiot?

That poor dog.

I think he’s called a geezer or in my language a twat.
He stinks of racism and everything that’s bad in football. Grim fans.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

That poor dog.

Phil_Mitchell.jpg
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:42 pm I think he’s called a geezer or in my language a twat.
He stinks of racism and everything that’s bad in football. Grim fans.
Cockneys are so annoying

Stupid dick head!
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

whiteinfrance wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:21 pm Cockneys are so annoying

Stupid dick head!
My wife is from the East End.
Silly cow 😂
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

That bellend is an articulate Millwall supporter in comparison to the average fan.

Cannot understand why he has cut a wet suit in half.

Even the dog wants to be somewhere else.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

That poor dog.

Isaac Newton's record for highest-ever English IQ is safe.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

The smile says it all--top of the league...long may it continue :celeb:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKr_PE-Ssvc
In Farke we trust...
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

weasel wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:50 pm What did you think about that moment in the first half, think it was just after the half hour mark, where Bamford was played clean through but didn't have the pace or strength to stay in front of the Millwall defenders and then when the chance had gone completely over hit a simple pass to Gnonto who would have had a sitter (not chekced with xg though) if the ball had been weighted better?
Jeez, talk about Bamford all over, don't he just frustrate the livin daylights outta ya, does everything right, all the hardwork, chases down, holds off, gets a player joining him for the perfect sliding ball to run onto and hit....
Then fcks it :rant: Doh ! There's still not many better than him though, even in the Prem.

Btw, Jimmy still doesn't know when to run at people, and when to pass, greedy little fecker.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)