The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 27th March) Wales heartache and the knock on effect for Leeds

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 27th March) Wales heartache and the knock on effect for Leeds

Post by 1964white »

I feel so sorry for Dan.

You just knew the scenario when James or Ampadu stepped up to take a penalty.

The poles were so accomplished with their penalties, I suspect they were quite content with the 0-0 result.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 27th March) Wales heartache and the knock on effect for Leeds

Post by DDB220 »

Not sure if anyone noticed Amps limping / walking gingerly after a challenge late in the game last night. He seemed to run it off……… but still a worry for me. Fingers crossed it is much ado about nothing.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

1964white wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:44 am I feel so sorry for Dan.

You just knew the scenario when James or Ampadu stepped up to take a penalty.

The poles were so accomplished with their penalties, I suspect they were quite content with the 0-0 result.
On the channel I was watching - after Neco Williams scored the 4th the camera panned to the Welsh player huddle. DJ looked white and was clearly bricking it, straight away I had the suspicion that he was taking the 5th. Horrible situation to be in as it is sudden death after they scored their 5th.
ruttermania
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by ruttermania »

I would have thought there was an argument that the disappointment for the Welsh contingent would have the effect of galvanising the determination to ensure that they do everything to ensure automatic promotion . Falling into the Play Offs now would run the risk of facing another penalty shoot out so there's now an added incentive for the final push towards the line .
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:48 am On the channel I was watching - after Neco Williams scored the 4th the camera panned to the Welsh player huddle. DJ looked white and was clearly bricking it, straight away I had the suspicion that he was taking the 5th. Horrible situation to be in as it is sudden death after they scored their 5th.
Indeed, Dan must have wanted the earth to eat him up after his miss, he looked like he was about to cry, poor fella. Great footballers from the past have missed important penalties.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

At least the Welsh lads won't have staying injury free on their mind now.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

ruttermania wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:55 am I would have thought there was an argument that the disappointment for the Welsh contingent would have the effect of galvanising the determination to ensure that they do everything to ensure automatic promotion . Falling into the Play Offs now would run the risk of facing another penalty shoot out so there's now an added incentive for the final push towards the line .
Was thinking down the same lines, they won’t want to taste disappointment and failure again so soon. Had they been celebrating a win then they might have got a little bit complacent- but either way these are professionals and it shouldn’t have too much impact if any. Certainly want our CB pair on the pitch for every remaining game.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

DDB220 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:25 am Interesting contradiction, or am I just reading this wrong ??
:) I think EB just typed it too quickly, in his head he knows what he meant , I think ?
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by pjm2019 »

Looking at the injured list we will need James replacing Gnonto, Piroe replacing Rutter BUT who replaces Gruev in midfield ?

Georgie Rutter- Hernia
Connor Roberts- muscle
Wilfred Gnonto- Hamstring
Ilia Gruev- Ligament
Junior Firpo- Travel issue
ruttermania
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by ruttermania »

I think Rutter will pass a late fitness test .DF will be mulling over the Gruev situation and if necessary will move Ampadu to midfield and play Cooper at Centre back . If Roberts had been available he would have been tempted to play Gray in midfield but that seems to have been ruled out .
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:49 pm :) I think EB just typed it too quickly, in his head he knows what he meant , I think ?
I never know what I'm thinking... :P
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:15 pm I never know what I'm thinking... :P
How do you know? :)
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

WE have Shackleton who can play RB or midfield
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

pjm2019 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:29 pm Looking at the injured list we will need James replacing Gnonto, Piroe replacing Rutter BUT who replaces Gruev in midfield ?

Georgie Rutter- Hernia
Connor Roberts- muscle
Wilfred Gnonto- Hamstring
Ilia Gruev- Ligament
Junior Firpo- Travel issue
Worse case scenario.

Move Gray to midfield, Byram to right back, and send Firpo straight to Vicarage rd from Heathrow.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

I think firpo will play
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteinfrance wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:18 pm WE have Shackleton who can play RB or midfield
Injured
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

whiteinfrance wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:18 pm How do you know? :)
That is a damn good question!!
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:02 am To me, Ampadu has to be player of the season. He's been head and shoulders consistently our best player, just behind Rodon. Really hope both are fit for Friday!
It's between Ampadu and Rodon for sure. Ampadu has kind of made himself club leader. Such a bargain too. I think both would be great in most premier league sides. Hopefully they'll be in our premier league side next season.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:21 pm It's between Ampadu and Rodon for sure. Ampadu has kind of made himself club leader. Such a bargain too. I think both would be great in most premier league sides. Hopefully they'll be in our premier league side next season.
1. Geo
2. Ampadu
3. Rodon
4. Summerville
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by pjm2019 »

The Subhuman wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:16 pm Injured
he does not appear on latest injured list BUT if he is injured he needs to be sold in the summer as he never plays !!