England International Matches

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: England International Matches

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Clacton White wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:56 am Luckily I do not and will not watch England under Southgate , won't watch Euro matches involving England , unless I need a sleep . I pity the club that is going to get this twat, well , unless it's Chelscum 😁😁. They deserve each other .
Some in the Manure corner are creaming themselves wanting Southgate to take the reins. If that happens I will start to think there is a God!
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Fantastic that the IPL is currently underway providing an exciting alternative to the void that is "International" football break.
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Fifa rankings of our opponents

21st
32nd
55th

Easiest group
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Weak opposition for England in the opening round once again.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

You watch Gareth mess it up. Again.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:05 pm You watch Gareth mess it up. Again.
Highly likely. :tup:
hector

Post by hector »

europe.jpg
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Brilliant heccy...
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

PhoenixUnited wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:28 am Fantastic that the IPL is currently underway providing an exciting alternative to the void that is "International" football break.
Yuck. I'm a huge cricket fan. Before I moved to the States, cricket was my first sport. Slipped down behind footie since nobody plays it here and I don't get to follow as closely.

I have full access to the IPL and absolutely despise the thing. Can't stand that it's made mercenaries out of cricketers. Playing for your country means less. And playing for your county means nothing. I'm old fashioned but think the IPL has spoiled a lot of the traditional game. I know there are arguments for both sides. But when I see great cricketers like Quinten De Kock retiring from test cricket to concentrate on the money game, it turns my stomach. The ICC has to work on finding a happy medium between the international, national, and franchise games. But, even domestically, we've got the hundred. Something else I refuse to watch,

That's the short version of my rant. If you counter, I might give you the full version.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Cjay wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:17 pm
Fifa rankings of our opponents

21st
32nd
55th

Easiest group
Glad to see Ukraine made it and Russia didn't. Stain on your reign Putin. Chuckle.

Seriously though a few new names make it interesting.

We need to win the group, make sure we avoid the big names until the later rounds.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:09 pm Highly likely. :tup:
58 years of hurt. Never stopped me dreaming.
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:08 pm Yuck. I'm a huge cricket fan. Before I moved to the States, cricket was my first sport. Slipped down behind footie since nobody plays it here and I don't get to follow as closely.

I have full access to the IPL and absolutely despise the thing. Can't stand that it's made mercenaries out of cricketers. Playing for your country means less. And playing for your county means nothing. I'm old fashioned but think the IPL has spoiled a lot of the traditional game. I know there are arguments for both sides. But when I see great cricketers like Quinten De Kock retiring from test cricket to concentrate on the money game, it turns my stomach. The ICC has to work on finding a happy medium between the international, national, and franchise games. But, even domestically, we've got the hundred. Something else I refuse to watch,

That's the short version of my rant. If you counter, I might give you the full version.
Each to their own Bud :) As you say everyone has the choice to watch it or not.

I only watch IPL games of the franchise variety and completely ignore ALL of the other franchise offerings that are available seemingly 27/7 year round.
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:08 pm Yuck. I'm a huge cricket fan. Before I moved to the States, cricket was my first sport. Slipped down behind footie since nobody plays it here and I don't get to follow as closely.

Ditto
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Do you know anyone who prefers the IPL? I don't and like you have little appetite for the 20 over type stuff. I would watch if England say got to the semis of some tournament etc but wouldn't really feel the same joy if we won a trophy as I would feel if England say beat a good team in a test match,

To me it is the equivalent of them running an independant football five a side league using the best professional footballers. I just wouldn't care less.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:11 pm Glad to see Ukraine made it and Russia didn't. Stain on your reign Putin. Chuckle.

Seriously though a few new names make it interesting.

We need to win the group, make sure we avoid the big names until the later rounds.
France will start favourites I expect but we have a very good chance of at least making the final. Our midfield is very strong - Saka, Bellingham, Foden, Maddison, Palmer, Mainoo, Rice so plenty of options there. Toney may well have worked his way into the squad as Kane understudy.
Stones is a certainty at the back as is Pickford in goal so it's only really the other defensive places that are up for grabs.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden