The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 3rd March) Can anyone stop Ipswich

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 3rd March) Can anyone stop Ipswich

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:19 am My phone volume will be switched off on my journey to Southwold.

No radio commentary on, I couldn't stand the pressure whilst driving.
But would you stand the pressure not knowing?
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

1964white wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:19 am My phone volume will be switched off on my journey to Southwold.

No radio commentary on, I couldn't stand the pressure whilst driving.
I absolutely hate listening on the radio.
The last time was the final away game when we went down in ‘81/82.
hector

Post by hector »

I have it on good authority that Ipswich will fade :mrgreen:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Ipswich are a pest :lol:

Would be better if they just won games, 3 up in the 80th minute.

But no!!!

They are 2 down in the 90th minute then score 3 goals or some ridiculous shite!!!!

What I do know is 31 points won from losing positions is the most since Blackpool in 2012 (32 they managed).

You have to begrudgingly admire them imo.

They have no right to be competing with 3 of the best sides the Championship has seen, each with Premier league players and budgets.

But they are as things stand ahead of us all with a midfield of Sam Morsy and Massimo Luongo, 2 plodders.

And have lost less games than everyone.

It's madness.

I actually think they are quite similar to the Bielsa team, no real superstars (Hernandez aside of course) but very fit, very well coached, and a never say die attitude.

But it's time they stopped it now and sodded off, they'd win the playoffs anyway.

Pack it in now Ipswich.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

As for Leicester, and Everton and Forest for that matter.

All pleading victimisation and moaning.
Pish off
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:25 am Is it just me that finds Leicester's excuse really strange?
A very feeble excuse especially when you consider

Sheff Utd
2019-2020 9th
2020-2021 20th

and even us 2020-2021 9th and then surviving the following season 21/22 in the last game of the season.

So Leicester had 2 very recent examples of how easy it is for a team in 9th to plummet, so it is hardly a wild leap of imagination for a team to go from 8th to relegation trouble.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Sean_Nile wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:50 am We are used to teams playing us as though it were their cup final. They put in some extra effort, and get tired from their exertions, then after playing hard and getting somewhat exhausted, their next game is against one of our promotion rival, who roll them over easily because of their exertions against us.

Luckily this is not the case in the 6 game run in. In fact it may be to our advantage that Ipswich play Boro on the 13th and us a week later.

Boro have still got skin in the game since there is a small chance they could still make the playoffs.

Best possible scenario is Boro play hard and win, then when we meet them their team have no energy left and it is a walk over for us
So true sean, everyones cup final is against us and we know it, we've done tremendously well so far this season, it's basically carry on as normal, boro would love nothing better than to be the team to upset our chances though, their fans would rather beat us than anyone else including sunderland this season.
We have to be up for every challenge, and I expect us to be, 1-0 underperforming scary wins will do it.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

They've got to figure out these FFP punishments in a more timely manner. Leicester will get their come uppance at some point. But what about the teams that got relegated the last 2 years. What about the teams that would miss out this season if Leicester got promoted. Any punishment has to happen within the same time frame.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Finnatic wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:44 am Ipswich seem to have that knack of coming up smelling of roses.
You could say it’s a never say die attitude in games, for example, but whatever happens - when it’s your ‘year’ every bit of good fortune seems to go your way, Ipswich have that atm.
Living within the Ipswich post code area I've heard that McKenna's team talk is "Hunt them down".... that's the ipswich mentality.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:22 pm They've got to figure out these FFP punishments in a more timely manner. Leicester will get their come uppance at some point. But what about the teams that got relegated the last 2 years. What about the teams that would miss out this season if Leicester got promoted. Any punishment has to happen within the same time frame.
Exactly what I've been saying for far too long AJS
It really shows what a bunch of useless tossers they are that run these things, I can't help but feel if it were LUFC, they would come down on us a lot sooner and a lot harder.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:24 pm Living within the Ipswich post code area I've heard that McKenna's team talk is "Hunt them down".... that's the ipswich mentality.
While they were hunting us down we were busy scoring 8 at the other end.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:28 pm Exactly what I've been saying for far too long AJS
It really shows what a bunch of useless tossers they are that run these things, I can't help but feel if it were LUFC, they would come down on us a lot sooner and a lot harder.
We literally sold Phillips and Raphinha to balance the books. We got relagated,

We sold/loaned about 10 or 12 players this season to be in compliance with FFP. Leicester didn't. Hence they're cheating. And we shouldn't be neck and neck with them for promotion.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:44 pm We literally sold Phillips and Raphinha to balance the books. We got relagated,

We sold/loaned about 10 or 12 players this season to be in compliance with FFP. Leicester didn't. Hence they're cheating. And we shouldn't be neck and neck with them for promotion.
Yea, it makes absolutely no sense at all, not fair either to all the other clubs who are doing their utmost to comply with rules & regs.
If you get a speeding ticket, you have limited time to cough up, otherwise the penalty charge goes up.
Appears to me that the governing body of football makes things up ad-lib to suit, it really needs sorting once and for all, asap.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:24 pm Living within the Ipswich post code area I've heard that McKenna's team talk is "Hunt them down".... that's the ipswich mentality.
Fair play to them if that’s the case but they seem to be getting that bit of good fortune as well which helps.

The bloke who scored the winner was surrounded by four players, he slipped, got up , moved the ball to the side and toe-poked it in without any of them stepping in front to block him.
I can’t imagine that happening to us.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:29 pm While they were hunting us down we were busy scoring 8 at the other end.
That's because we are the better hunters....
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:19 pm That's because we are the better hunters....
Swannie, you forgot Hector's birthday :shock: 🎉🎂

Bad person :(
Pullhard
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Pullhard »

Ipswich have a trick run in:

Norwich (a) - local derby and Norwich need points to stay in playoff places
Watford (h) - Watford in good form
Boro (h) - probably a gimme - Born have nothing to play for
Hull (a) - tricky fixture especially as Hull need points for the playoffs
Coventry (a) - again tricky, Coventry on the edge of play off places
Huddersfield (h) - could relegate Huddersfield if they are not already gone at that stage
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

White Riot wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:53 pm Swannie, you forgot Hector's birthday :shock: 🎉🎂

Bad person :(
:( I've made amends Riot. Ive posted on his Birthday thread. (Thanks to you by the way for reminding me)

I've been busy all day with my 93 year old Dad up in Wakey, both of us visiting my friend who I haven't seen for 42 years!!!! We knew each other when we were 2 years old, started nursery, junior and secondary school together. We lost touch when I went out to the middle east and then i moved to Suffolk.

Then, I took Dad for a pint....where we met up with my cousin who Dad hadn't seen for about 20 years, and I only met up with him by chance about 18 months ago whilst walking houndie....quite an emotional day I can tell you.

Hope dear heccy will understand 😬
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:03 am :( I've made amends Riot. Ive posted on his Birthday thread. (Thanks to you by the way for reminding me)

I've been busy all day with my 93 year old Dad up in Wakey, both of us visiting my friend who I haven't seen for 42 years!!!! We knew each other when we were 2 years old, started nursery, junior and secondary school together. We lost touch when I went out to the middle east and then i moved to Suffolk.

Then, I took Dad for a pint....where we met up with my cousin who Dad hadn't seen for about 20 years, and I only met up with him by chance about 18 months ago whilst walking houndie....quite an emotional day I can tell you.

Hope dear heccy will understand 😬
What are the chances of meeting a cousin, who you haven’t seen for that long, whilst walking a dog. Brilliant.

Sounds like you had a great day Swannie 👍
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello