Luís Sinisterra

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Luís Sinisterra

Post by weasel »

Interesting that Sini was taken off after 69 minutes with Bournemouth 3-1 down. Normally a player capable of getting a goal out of nothing is the sort of player you would want to still be on the pitch. His bbc viewer rating was 4.11 the lowest of all the Bournemouth players today.

I do wonder with Sini if he is more of an individual that doesn't really fit into a system when you have to work back etc. It was hard to really tell from his performances at Leeds due to him playing under Marsch rather than us having a structured way of playing. Wonder if he would have been a Bielsa player - and perhaps another reason for Orta being so quick to get rid of Bielsa if Orta had been wanting to bring Sini in but Bielsa was saying no - in the same way he didn't want some other flair players such as Noa Lang (and I still wonder if Bielsa pulled the plug on Cuisance after meeting him and realising he had a bad attitude cos that 'injury' excuse seemed very much made up).

It would be hilarious if Bournemouth got relegated and we got promoted and SIni had no release clause and ended up playing in the championship for Bournemouth next season whilst we took the prem by storm and won back to back FA Cups.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Who?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

weasel wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:29 pm Interesting that Sini was taken off after 69 minutes with Bournemouth 3-1 down. Normally a player capable of getting a goal out of nothing is the sort of player you would want to still be on the pitch. His bbc viewer rating was 4.11 the lowest of all the Bournemouth players today.

I do wonder with Sini if he is more of an individual that doesn't really fit into a system when you have to work back etc. It was hard to really tell from his performances at Leeds due to him playing under Marsch rather than us having a structured way of playing. Wonder if he would have been a Bielsa player - and perhaps another reason for Orta being so quick to get rid of Bielsa if Orta had been wanting to bring Sini in but Bielsa was saying no - in the same way he didn't want some other flair players such as Noa Lang (and I still wonder if Bielsa pulled the plug on Cuisance after meeting him and realising he had a bad attitude cos that 'injury' excuse seemed very much made up).

It would be hilarious if Bournemouth got relegated and we got promoted and SIni had no release clause and ended up playing in the championship for Bournemouth next season whilst we took the prem by storm and won back to back FA Cups.
Doubt he is a team player, back tracking player.

Think he's coming off because he isn't 90 minute fit.

Bielsa would have killed him
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:31 pmWho?
Is there a Doctor in the house?
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

weasel wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:52 pm Is there a Doctor in the house?
An owl
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Back to back FA Cups.
Take Prem by storm.
I think you have a lack of ambition.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

weasel wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:17 pm I wonder if this is FFP related and we wanted to reduce our FFP outgoings. It has been reported that Bournemouth had a price agreed that they could make the deal permanent, presumably something in LS's contract, but that they have paid less. That would suggest to me that we wanted the money in now so that we can offest it against our FFP liabilites.

Supposedly we paid around £20m to sign him on a 5 year deal. As such if we have recouped the fee we paid then it wipes £8m straightaway off our FFP debt from the last 2 seasons (as we have recouped the £4m per year) and it also wipes off £4m for each of the next 3 years.
Makes sense. Would mean we've brought in around £50m from sales this season. Might be a good player, but has an awful attitude and will no doubt be sulking soon that he's not playing in the Champions League.

On that note, how can Bournemouth spend over £200m on smaller crowds than Wrexham and Notts County and be fine with ffp? 🤔
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:10 pm Some cocky comments from the Boringmouth fans.
They say he hasn’t been injured but he’s only started 4 games I think. If I was a cynic I’d say were all of his injuries with us actually real or did he just sham it because he didn’t want to be here.
They're being bankrolled by an 80 year old American billionaire. It will all end in tears in a few years.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Injured again!

Does £20 million of biscuit knees still count towards FFP?