Loan Watch

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Loan Watch

Post by DDB220 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:00 pm Ahh, so you've met both in real life Sid yes.

That's that sorted then.
TBH you can tell by the content. It would be a rather sad attitude to have two different log in avatars. Faaip does not strike me as that type, if anything he is rather stoic in defence of his perspectives.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:13 pm TBH you can tell by the content. It would be a rather sad attitude to have two different log in avatars. Faaip does not strike me as that type, if anything he is rather stoic in defence of his perspectives.
Well i recently created another myself, so we'll see how long it takes to pick up on it :shhh:

There'll be no feckin on that one :roflmao:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:17 pm Well i recently created another myself, so we'll see how long it takes to pick up on it :shhh:

There'll be no feckin on that one :roflmao:
I hope you haven’t called the new Avatar Kennyb42.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:27 pm I hope you haven’t called the new Avatar Kennyb42.
Doh!
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:30 pmDoh!
Just asking for a friend
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Bullet well and truly dodged.

Source: https://twitter.com/afcbournemouth/stat ... 9512145052
In Farke we trust...
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:41 am Bullet well and truly dodged.

Source: https://twitter.com/afcbournemouth/stat ... 9512145052
Part of the reason why selling him was a good deal. We knew his history.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

What was the plan they had with him? Start 1 match in every 10 played and a few sub appearances. Baldrick had better plans.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:17 pm Part of the reason why selling him was a good deal. We knew his history.
And that was before we bought him :)

Or could it be, he doesn't fancy being at Bournemouth neither :lol:

Next stop - Sevilla.

;@)
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:17 pm Part of the reason why selling him was a good deal. We knew his history.
Not sold though is he? I thought he was out on loan so there's the possibility he could return if Bournemouth, or someone else, does not buy him or have him out on loan.

Personally, he can sling his injury prone hook! :rant: :rant:
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

PhoenixUnited wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:20 am Not sold though is he? I thought he was out on loan so there's the possibility he could return if Bournemouth, or someone else, does not buy him or have him out on loan.

Personally, he can sling his injury prone hook! :rant: :rant:
They have agreed to buy him for 20M with the transfer going through in the summer window.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:41 am They have agreed to buy him for 20M with the transfer going through in the summer window.
Works for me. An instantly forgettable player
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
Pullhard
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Pullhard »

Talented player .... but spends too much time on the physio table
Jimstorrie
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimstorrie »

Harrison came on as sub at half time against Chelsea......apparently.
Did nothing.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Jimstorrie wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:54 am Harrison came on as sub at half time against Chelsea......apparently.
Did nothing.
Probably still Everton's best player by a mile!
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

There's talk of Gladbach praying we don't get promoted so they can loan Wober again next year, as they don't want to pay us £10m for him.

I'd loan him to someone else just to spite them if that's the case. :twisted:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Carrick Dave wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:26 am There's talk of Gladbach praying we don't get promoted so they can loan Wober again next year, as they don't want to pay us £10m for him.

I'd loan him to someone else just to spite them if that's the case. :twisted:
I think the trouble is that we have no say in the matter. If a club is willing to meet whatever the conditions are (presumably paying the wages and possibly a loan fee) then it is up to the player. I doubt that even if a club came in to buy him we would not be in a position where we could decide to sell him if the player would rather go out on loan somewhere else.

Wouldn't be surprised if a couple more of our players didn't have loan releases, players who had been injured or out of form last season and didn't get any interest from other teams. Hopefully with the likes of Gnonto and Summerville there wouldn't be the clauses as presumably they'd have been on low wages which means we would be able to sell them rather than see them leave on loan leaving our squad lighter and no money to replace them.
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Jimstorrie wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:54 am Harrison came on as sub at half time against Chelsea......apparently.
Did nothing.
Wonder if he (and his mum) thinks the move to Neverton is still as wonderful for him as he was saying at the start of the season. Is he one of these that should be coming back? Think he's burnt a few bridges myself
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

We should've made the most of what Bert did to him and got the highest we could, before as i predicted happened with ' it's all backwards for all our Bert players now he's gone'

;@)