The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 19th April) How far will £36m in parachute payments stretch

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 19th April) How far will £36m in parachute payments stretch

Post by Irish Ian »

mentalcase wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:55 am Yea I would Ian.
Now then, if Ibought a business, I would of course check all the ins & outs, the nuts & bolts ect, I would expect the 49ers to have done the same at the very very least, so who, didn't do that, or, who did that and thought it totally exceptable to let things go as they were, all those loan deals for one, is it Kinell that is to blame !!
I personally don't think it was done thoroughly enough, maybe I'm wrong, maybe they just thought, Kineel has it all under control and let him run away with the safe keys, signing off any old bollocks.
Maybe they thought, we don't give a toss because we will get automatic promotion which negates a lot of debt.
Maybe they have lawyers that know there way around such obstacles.
Maybe you know the answer to why the 49ers are to be exonerated from all blame !!
Over to you Ian, btw, what series of blue lights you in !!

First of all being blamed for what essentially?

We rolled the dice, got relegated and have to live with the aftermath.

But recall it was Jess M who squandered the Raph and KP money on numpties.

But on the current situation.

Remember that the owners were around before they took control last season, but as Paraang said they had a hands off approach. I do believe that they would have done due diligence on the financial implications of buying Leeds both in the short and longer term.

They bought our Radz which cost around 45% of £170M, therefore around £76M which actually was a hell of a saving on the original £190M they expected to have to invest.

But this all goes back to getting relegated and those clauses which were allowed the players to be loaned.
Hopfully offloading or selling a couple of our squad will be enough to give us head room in the transfer market.

There is also the sales of Sini and Adams to factor in going down the line.
There is also a story that Barcelona still owe us E35M but seeing that source is the YEP and Leeds live I dunno;

Debt is part and parcel of football;

Check out these numbers.

https://sportsjournal.io/premier-league ... a-2022-23/

We are still feeling the hurt of relegation, but it all goes back to that clueless yank and his schoolboy football team
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
mentalcase

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 19th April) How far will £36m in parachute payments stretch

Post by mentalcase »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:26 pm First of all being blamed for what essentially?

We rolled the dice, got relegated and have to live with the aftermath.

But recall it was Jess M who squandered the Raph and KP money on numpties.

But on the current situation.

Remember that the owners were around before they took control last season, but as Paraang said they had a hands off approach. I do believe that they would have done due diligence on the financial implications of buying Leeds both in the short and longer term.

They bought our Radz which cost around 45% of £170M, therefore around £76M which actually was a hell of a saving on the original £190M they expected to have to invest.

But this all goes back to getting relegated and those clauses which were allowed the players to be loaned.
Hopfully offloading or selling a couple of our squad will be enough to give us head room in the transfer market.

There is also the sales of Sini and Adams to factor in going down the line.
There is also a story that Barcelona still owe us E35M but seeing that source is the YEP and Leeds live I dunno;

Debt is part and parcel of football;

Check out these numbers.

https://sportsjournal.io/premier-league ... a-2022-23/

We are still feeling the hurt of relegation, but it all goes back to that clueless yank and his schoolboy football team
Some good readin there Ian, but like I said, if your'e buying a company you do due dilligence, I don't believe they took a "back seat" or if they did it's their own stupid fault or naivety at best.
Yes they saves an awful lot of money from the original price, does thatmean they will invest that in what we owe, doubt that can happen.
Barca probably owe us £35m, well, a lot of us said at the time, get the brass up front from those potless chancers, another mistake if true.
I don't fully blame Marsch, bielsa was taking us down anyway, so where does that leave us !!

Anyway, what episode of blue lights you in.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

mentalcase wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:58 pm Some good readin there Ian, but like I said, if your'e buying a company you do due dilligence, I don't believe they took a "back seat" or if they did it's their own stupid fault or naivety at best.
Yes they saves an awful lot of money from the original price, does thatmean they will invest that in what we owe, doubt that can happen.
Barca probably owe us £35m, well, a lot of us said at the time, get the brass up front from those potless chancers, another mistake if true.
I don't fully blame Marsch, bielsa was taking us down anyway, so where does that leave us !!

An investment enterprise like the 49’rs will have crunched all the numbers and will have contingencies for all plausible financial scenarios. They would rapidly lose investors if they used their money on a wing and a prayer.

This does not guarantee success of course. On the field success requires the right manager, back room staff and squad investment. I haven’t seen anything so far to suggest they have got it wrong. Whether it happens this season is still undecided but by no means are we out of the reckoning.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

DDB220 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:30 pm An investment enterprise like the 49’rs will have crunched all the numbers and will have contingencies for all plausible financial scenarios. They would rapidly lose investors if they used their money on a wing and a prayer.

This does not guarantee success of course. On the field success requires the right manager, back room staff and squad investment. I haven’t seen anything so far to suggest they have got it wrong. Whether it happens this season is still undecided but by no means are we out of the reckoning.
Agree with that.
It ain't till it's over and anything and everything can still happen.
I also don't see anything to suggest they've got it too much wrong, whether we go up or not, I'd still prefer DF and his staff to continue pushing us forward next season.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

mentalcase wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:58 pm

I have signed a non disclosure :lol:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:38 pm I have signed a non disclosure :lol:
We are saving them up, so we can watch them on the spin over consecutive nights like we do with all programmes.

Are we even getting a clue which one it is 😁
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
hector

Post by hector »

I'm watching episode 3 tonight, haven't seen a Leeds shirt or scarf yet though
Phild
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Phild »

As others have said I would be astonished if the 49ers did not have contingencies for the following;
JKA settlement
Transfer monies owing
Financial implications of the loan deals
Not getting promoted at first attempt
All pretty basic due diligence matters in my eyes
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clitheroe White »

whiteinfrance wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:41 am I do wish people (You know who you are :evil: ) would stop writing us off for promotion

Boro 0 Leeds 2

QPR 0 Leeds 3

Then the crunch 8-)
Love it WIF. I’m with your line of thinking!
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

whiteinfrance wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:41 am I do wish people (You know who you are :evil: ) would stop writing us off for promotion

Boro 0 Leeds 2

QPR 0 Leeds 3

Then the crunch 8-)
I presume you’re going with these score predictions?
And the 1st scorer is?
Ipswich won’t fade. As predicted.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:38 pm I have signed a non disclosure :lol:
:)
To be sure.
I'm on episode 4, volume turned up just in case I hear a faint whistling of MOT :whistle:
hector

Post by hector »

Just watched 3 nothing at all Leeds related
4 tomorrow
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:37 pm I presume you’re going with these score predictions?
And the 1st scorer is?
Bremner :-D
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

whiteinfrance wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:08 pm Bremner :-D
More likely to score than Bamford 😁
Ipswich won’t fade. As predicted.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

A bit concerned about what might happen next season if we don't go up. It doesn't sound like we have a lot of money. I know we will generate quite a bit of money from players that want to play at a higher level. But it sounds like much of that money will be needed to balance the books.

Chief of my concerns is that we'll probably lose 3 or 4 of our best players from this season. We won't be able to keep Rodon. And a few are out of contract. That all makes for a pretty big squad rebuild. With, apparently, not a lot of money to do it.

As for Joffy, I think he's been robbed. Tremendous talent but hasn't had game time to develop. We saw last season that he could be a decent top end championship player. I know our numbers were thin. But if Farke had no intention of using him, he should have really gone out on loan. Cresswell is a similar story. Might as well have well let both go out on loan and promote a couple of youngsters to the bench.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:32 pm More likely to score than Bamford 😁
Take the statue, stick in the oppositions box and I agree
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Might get done for hand ball a few times though
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

and offside