The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 22nd April) - Could Leeds have to offload Gnonto to balance the books

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 22nd April) - Could Leeds have to offload Gnonto to balance the books

Post by Jaydog »

DDB220 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:15 am Jaydog will have the coffee puns going later.
I thought that said coffee buns. Donut mention that later.
Ipswich won’t fade. As predicted.
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 22nd April) Leeds set to offload Gnonto to balance the books

Post by Tyzy »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:23 am It, unfortunately, does look the right decision to sell Gnonto. James isn't his class though, James is more Harrison to Gnonto's Raphinha.

All this assuming we're in the second division next season, hopefully we can keep him if promoted. He'd be very expensive to replace and James has never been more than decent at times in the prem

Joseph for me ... we're at the s**t or get off the pot time of season and Paddy has severe constipation....
Very amusing 😄 The Bamford comment!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 22nd April) - Could Leeds have to offload Gnonto to balance the books

Post by Ellandback1 »

WhiteRose wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:04 am To add to the above I’d like to see bamford shipped out whatever happens
Nobody will take Bamford with the wages he is on
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:48 am I see gnonto and summerville wanting out anyway, I've said it all season, even if we go up I still see them wanting out, I'd also slap £40M on both.
Both will attract bids & I suspect we'll lose them if we miss out on promotion.

This applies to any of the top four clubs who miss out, they'll lose their star players too!

19th placed Blackburn only have one excellent player in Szmodics, he'll be off to the higher bidder in the summer.
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

https://youtu.be/hbjr76S4rzU?si=Ciwm4kSLcKF6BQFh
Why would we need to pay a lot of money for a free kick taker when we could get Joe Wilkinson for a dozen beers & a kebab. His free kick conversion rate of 1 in 5 is vastly superior to anything our lot can do. Can we start a Sign Joe petition ?
Keeping The Faith
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

DDB220 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:15 am Jaydog will have the coffee puns going later.
The one thing we really don’t want are Flat Whites…

Sorry
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

It all depends on where we are next season. If we make it to the Prem I reckon Gnonto will want to continue his career with us. He is definitely premiership quality and he would be one to be retained. If we don't make it Leeds would have to first make decisions on the rats out on loan, sell them or loan them out again to get their wages off the books. The Prem is where we want to be, lets hope we can keep our best players like Summerville, Gray, Ampadu and others, if not, the vultures will circle.....
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Finnatic wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:40 pm The one thing we really don’t want are Flat Whites…

Sorry
Very good 👍🏼
That’s the headline we don’t want then for MOT tomorrow.
“Latte flattens Whites”.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Still think Farke will start the game with Bamford up top. The move to Piroe didn't yield positive results and Joseph probably makes more sense as a second half sub (at least to Farke's way of thinking).

Wouldn't be surprised to see Aaronson head back home to MLS. It's a shame. I had high hopes for the guy - he has loads of talent - but he just doesn't seem to be able to handle the physicality of the European game.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

None of our players are that good they can't be replaced, either by within, or by selling for daft money placing on them to spend elsewhere in the Championship, best left to DF. I'd sell Jimmy in a heartbeat for daft money, and prefer to keep a un-petulant Willy, i doubt any Prem team will come for Rutter or the rest, keep Rodon for another loan year then get him on a free.

Ring Clown A up for BA to Sevilla, or, beggars can't be choosers in his case and he might have to grow a pair of shoulders and play in the Championship, if he still continues to 'fall over' then it could just well be, that he ain't feigning it, and is only 5 stone wet thru.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Oh, and i'm not bothered if he starts PB or Joseph, with the other coming on after 60 mins, just not Piroe.

A fit playing PB gets us promoted.

You heard it here first.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:48 pm Very good 👍🏼
That’s the headline we don’t want then for MOT tomorrow.
“Latte flattens Whites”.
We have bean here before, I knew it would not take long for you to expresso yourself in a grande fashion.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

DDB220 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:14 pm We have bean here before, I knew it would not take long for you to expresso yourself in a grande fashion.
👍🏼
Hopefully we Camp out in their half tonight