Today's Games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Today's Games

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:16 pm Only one for me!

Why do you hate Man City so much?
Cheats and they're the FA's golden team
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jimstorrie wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:50 pm Nah.
Hate Man U, Liverpool & Chelsea equally.
We have a derogatory song dedicated to all three of those clubs.

As Cjay posted, Citeh are an inconsequential team.

From a personal point of view, I enjoy watching the likes of Foden, Haaland & Rodri, that winger Doku looks a bit special too.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Reedy wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:19 pm Incredible statement from Forest, two are definite penalties - the handball is one of those that you’ve seen given and seen waved off - in the dim and distant past I qualified as a referee, and I’ve always said that VAR doesn’t work.

The end of the tweet from Forest about considering their options is just weird, what options are available?! We’ve all been on the end of shocking decisions.

The fact that VAR ruled out the Coventry goal is exactly why it’s killing football, one of the fa cups greatest moments, taken away because of the width of a toe.
I guess they could do a number of things, none of which would go well for them I suspect. But if enough lower teams protested rather than grinned and suffered then something may come of it eventually.

VAR and referees should be answerable to teams and not just let the FA sweep it under the carpet.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:36 pm Cheats and they're the FA's golden team
Half the Premier League clubs are bending the rules financially.

I enjoy their football, just as Bielsa did.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Really feel for Coventry, having lived there for 5yrs in the 80's.......especially as they lost in those circumstances.....and it was to ManUre.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:45 pm Half the Premier League clubs are bending the rules financially.

I enjoy their football, just as Bielsa did.
Yeah but City are the biggest ....
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Fair play Maguire goes straight over and shakes hands with the Coventry players.

Antony cups his ears and looks at them as if it's Brazil vs Argentina in a World Cup final

Embarrassing tit

Have some shame
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
BrewerLeeds
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BrewerLeeds »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:19 pm If anyone hasn't noticed, my 2nd team, Donny Rovers have done brilliantly since Christmas, They were literally hovering around the relegation zone. They've been the form team in the division ever since. Today they continued the run beating 6th place Barrow.

Now they sit one place off the playoffs, level on points and with a game in hand. My mate who goes to all the games insisted on not looking beyond the bottom two spots, even as recently as 4 weeks ago. Now the playoffs are looking very real.
Christmas? Try February! I'm impressed they kept with their gaffer given how bad they've been at times this season. Also see York City managed to stay up in the National League on the final day :)

Always like to see the small Yorkshire teams doing well (excepting those with Blades, Owls, or Terriers as a nickname :roflmao: )
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

They talk about the magic of the FA Cup, then take away replays for the minnows and then use VAR to ruin one of the best moments in the cup's history.

I despair!
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

VAR lines were slanted and from the broadcast view, Wright was clearly behind Bissaka, who was very close to the end of the grass side cut. But the replay view had Bissaka further back, which makes me wonder if they superimposed his image and shifted him to be behind Wright. That, combined with the slanted lines gave the appearance of offside. Not trying to be conspiratorial, but that was “weak sauce” from VAR. Very poor day for VAR when you add the lack thereof in the Everton-NF matchup.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Prisoner37 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:07 pm They talk about the magic of the FA Cup, then take away replays for the minnows and then use VAR to ruin one of the best moments in the cup's history.

I despair!
totally agree and was gutted for Coventry. Bastards they wanted a city v Utd final, piss poor
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Prisoner37 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:07 pm They talk about the magic of the FA Cup, then take away replays for the minnows and then use VAR to ruin one of the best moments in the cup's history.

I despair!
It's unbelievable how they openly show their corruptness. :shock:
pandagirl
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by pandagirl »

I know i`m a bit late with my three cents on the cov - united game
but ultimately, i think united have more chance of stopping city from winning the fa cup than coventry do
(even though thats not saying much)
i despise man city, so if ultimately, man utd somehow pull one out of the bag and stop city winning the fa cup, then im happy
but of course for the neutral really dissapointing - coventry were robbed!
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

pandagirl wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:32 am I know i`m a bit late with my three cents on the cov - united game
but ultimately, i think united have more chance of stopping city from winning the fa cup than coventry do
(even though thats not saying much)
i despise man city, so if ultimately, man utd somehow pull one out of the bag and stop city winning the fa cup, then im happy
but of course for the neutral really dissapointing - coventry were robbed!
With the scum, there can be no neutral. Marmite, springs to mind.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

JoeDenver wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:14 am VAR lines were slanted and from the broadcast view, Wright was clearly behind Bissaka, who was very close to the end of the grass side cut. But the replay view had Bissaka further back, which makes me wonder if they superimposed his image and shifted him to be behind Wright. That, combined with the slanted lines gave the appearance of offside. Not trying to be conspiratorial, but that was “weak sauce” from VAR. Very poor day for VAR when you add the lack thereof in the Everton-NF matchup.
Wow, that’s a whole new level of not trying to be conspiratorial.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Orange Box wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:12 am Wow, that’s a whole new level of not trying to be conspiratorial.
They didn’t show the free flowing video from the side. Just the side angle image. LOTS of f*%kery can be performed using AI…and more easily than you can imagine. So am speculating there.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

JoeDenver wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:45 am They didn’t show the free flowing video from the side. Just the side angle image. LOTS of f*%kery can be performed using AI…and more easily than you can imagine. So am speculating there.
I’m still at cut n paste using a scalpel and glue 🥸
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Who we cheering on tonight then?
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Having given it some thought I think a draw might be best?
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Southampton