QPR v Leeds Utd - Post Match Discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: QPR v Leeds Utd - Post Match Discussion

Post by YorkshireSquare »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:17 pm Are you sure, CJay says we're only owed a couple of million and not on Raph

Was pretty sure Barca paid us up front for Raph (or at least half up front and half 6 months later) and City paid us up front for Kalvin. The accounts back that up too.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:17 pm Says who?
Wasn't there an article on here the other day that they owe us £35m?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:16 pm But Barcelona haven't even paid us for him!
They have mate hence why we owe so much (we amortised it) but took lump sums for KP and Raph

It's that big green line

https://swissramble.substack.com/p/leed ... ces-202223
Last edited by Cjay on Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

whiteinfrance wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:19 pm As I explained in an earlier post, if Hull win, I'ts game on

In that scenario if Hull win and we beat Saints, Ipswich need to win BOTH games
Don’t forget the bit about your if your aunty had balls.

To be fair Ipswich have still to win auto promotion. There are no definitives in this league. Problem is we are not exactly making it challenging for them.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:04 pm Correction: Geronimo would OF.
😂😂😂
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

I think Farke would leave his biscuit in his tea too long. About 60 minutes most likely
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

DDB220 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 pm Don’t forget the bit about your if your aunty had balls.

To be fair Ipswich have still to win auto promotion. There are no definitives in this league. Problem is we are not exactly making it challenging for them.
Read my earlier explanation

It comes down to if Hull beat Ipswich
If so it's open
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:17 pm Tbf to Archie he isn't and never has been a defensive midfielder.

Same as he isn't a right back.

Didn't Eddie himself say in an interview Archie is a box to box midfielder?

I doubt Bellingham would have had the season he had at the same age playing solely in positions he isn't natural.

And aside from all that the way we set up our midfield is weird, pushed to the left.

Even with Gruev and Kamara.

It's lopsided.
Yes he seems a square peg. I think at some point there will be a manager who builds a team around him. He isn't suited for 4-2-3-1 (always hated it myself) Stick him in a 3 man midfield and we would see him shine.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:15 pm I'm not trying to use it as an excuse for that performance, but I don't think the squad is particularly deep. We've been fairly injury free this season but over-reliance on certain players can't have helped.

We looked totally lost today. No control in midfield, no threat up front, stray passes, players running into each other...
It's not an ideal squad but who has that in the Championship?

For a Championship squad being able to bring on people like James or Roberts or Piroe or Gnonto would be a dream.

Even people like Anthony who was a starter for a promotion winning team just a few years ago.

You look at what other teams have got promoted with to have internationals on the bench or former Championship player of the years and team of the year members from just last season

It's practically unheard of at this level.
Signed

King Cjay

DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:07 pm Gray is a passenger in midfield.

If he wasn't homegrown with that heritage it would have been said by now. But emotional investment and all that.
Plus Farke knows selling him would make life easier next season.

Him not playing his role left holes in our MF which they exploited even before the first goal and the tone was set.

Ampadu and Rodon have been shepherding him but at this stage of the season there is nowhere to hide.
I'm not doubting his ability and future potential but I question his suitability against teams who try and play football against us.

The two dmfs need to be able to mark and tackle. His marking and positioning is not good enough considering what is at stake.

You can't win games when the teams engine room us faltering like it is.

Hopefully by two weeks time we can revert to Kamara and Gruev in there.

I'm not saying he was the only poor performer tonight and I am sure the whoscored numbers will reflect negatively on others but the rot started in the middle. Archie and Gruev were not on the same page.
He is a kid mate - he is no worse than Gruev and Kamara. He is suffering like a lot of,players with patchy form. For me - Gruev has been hiding in the last few games. When we are on top he wants the ball when we need an outlet he is anonymous.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:25 pm Yes he seems a square peg. I think at some point there will be a manager who builds a team around him. He isn't suited for 4-2-3-1 (always hated it myself) Stick him in a 3 man midfield and we would see him shine.
I think he'd be fine in a Klich role.

But you need to dominate possession every game basically for that as we did under MB.

We seem happy not to do that at times and we've conceded plenty of goals when we do.
Signed

King Cjay

AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 pm I think Farke would leave his biscuit in his tea too long. About 60 minutes most likely
I hope this is here for a literal interpretation and not Brit-slang--not a pretty picture regardless of whose "biscuit" or "tea" we're talking about.
In Farke we trust...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:05 pm Although Farke feels angry inside, I suspect he suppresses his anger & rarely loses his rag.
Meh think if that's your approach you need an aura.

Farke doesn't have that.

Always a time for getting angry imo

Maybe he's too nice?
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 pm I think Farke would leave his biscuit in his tea too long. About 60 minutes most likely
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:29 pm I hope this is here for a literal interpretation and not Brit-slang--not a pretty picture regardless of whose "biscuit" or "tea" we're talking about.
:roflmao: No Ash. It’s an analogy from Weasels book. “My 100 favourite analogies” volume 6. Not a sexual dunking of a biscuit analogy or anything like that
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

DDB220 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:27 pm He is a kid mate - he is no worse than Gruev and Kamara. He is suffering like a lot of,players with patchy form. For me - Gruev has been hiding in the last few games. When we are on top he wants the ball when we need an outlet he is anonymous.
He is worse than Kamara and Gruev. Because he doesn't know his job. He is unsuited for our style. His marking is terrible. And neither can we say that he has been ill or injured as both the others have.

If we played another way I reckon he would have it better but as it is as a second dmf it is a waste of his talents.

Every player makes mistakes but most also do good things. Firpo is awful but can attack, Rutter is wasteful but can assist. Bamford can miss sitters but can lead the line. Etc.

Over the season can you think of more than three really good things Gray has done?.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

whiteinfrance wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:56 pm No you won't because we won't need the play-offs

See my earlier post
Only 38 games in the Prem wif....as opposed to 46 in the Championship. I think that's where BB was coming from.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

I suppose I should thank my boss for calling that meeting.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

John in Louisiana wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:52 pm I suppose I should thank my boss for calling that meeting.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

John, you missed a doozy! Pretty much the culmination of everything that has ever gone wrong this season manifested itself in this match.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

I'm still in shock after watching that horror show.

I expected us to get promoted and these kind of batterings to be frequent next season.

But, to have multiple opportunities to seize promotion and fail each time says a lot about Farke and the players.

To get battered by a team threatened with relegation to League One is unacceptable. It reminded me of all the humiliation we received under Bielsa. But at least that was at Prem level.

Forget the play-offs, we've had loads of opportunities and failed miserably. Farke should be booted this summer. A good portion of these players will leave as we attempt to appease our debtors.

Absolute s**t show. Expect a very long stint in the Championship now. Once you settle in at this level your quality of players and squad will go down the toilet.

Welcome back the Eunan O Kane's and Adam Forshaw's of this world, and coaches like Steve Evans.

We blew it at EPL level and have now just blown our one chance to get back there.